Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    I sent of my application form on the 17th December not expecting to hear anything for a couple of weeks at least or longer being as the closing date for MPS applications was the 30th December. Low and behold today I received a reply stating that my application was "receiving attention" dated 18-12-08. Is this fast for a reply? Or am I just getting my hopes up early?

    • 7 replies
    • 532 views
  2. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi there, I'm wondering what kind of stuff you doctor has to sign to say. They thing is, during a rough period with my missus a while back, she said she felt I had some issues. After a seeing the doctor about it, she sent me a stupid form for manic depression. I went and saw a psychologist and he said there are no signs of depression, which I could have told him, but he did say that I should be tested for ADHD. My doctor never sent me for testing, but only because she didn’t think they tested on adults (I’m 32). I can be quite hyper, but I spent 6 years in the army and spent 6 months in Bosnia with no problems. I know that on job applications it used to say –  

  3. spice007
    Started by spice007,

    Hey, Anyone have an assessment in Feb 2009? Wondering if you want to prepare with me ? share tips and any info we find out? Role plays are a nitemare to prepare for and we could come up with some scenarios for each other. Its all about practicing what questions to ask and what key phrases to add in. Anyone who has recently done it - would you say that the hardest part of the assessment is the role play? Any tips or advice will be ace cheers guys neels

    • 11 replies
    • 397 views
  4. dns1546620367
    Started by dns1546620367 * ,

    Hi folk, I have always wanted to be a police officer, but unfortunatly my application was rejected on medical grounds when I applied to Humberside Police in early 2004. I was diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder when I was a child and since the disablity discrimination act did not apply to the police when I first applied, I was basically told "you've got something which is on the list, you can't have the job". Naturally I was gutted, but picked myself up and applied for other things. Since sumer 2004 I have held a full time position with a large company, but I've decided to take a different career path now for various reasons. I've thought about my rejected applicat…

    • 2 replies
    • 230 views
  5. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    How long do they keep you waiting for your medical results? Do they let you know on the day or do they keep you waiting a fortnight like on the assessment day? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 207 views
  6. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    My Dad is a Magistrate in Cornwall. I am applying to the Met. Do you think this could cause any problems with vetting?

    • 1 reply
    • 360 views
  7. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    The pack of information you receive in the buil up to you A.C, whats in it? Does it give any clues away or suggest certain things to revise on? I am fully aware of what i need to revise and thing about over the coming weeks before my A.C in FEb. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 348 views
  8. Drew Peacock
    Started by Drew Peacock,

    Hi, can anyone tell me when exactly you can use public transport for free? How long after you start training that is? I live outside London and I am just weighing up my options. Ta.

  9. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    I was studying for my A/C (again) last night and I realised I don't remember how long you actually get to do the following: Verbal Reasoning Test Numerical Reasoning Test Written paper. I am pretty sure Role play consists of 4 x 5 minute exercises but I was hoping someone can refresh my memory on the time given for the others. Just so I can try and also prepare for the timing in test conditions. Also has any one on here that is rubbish at maths sat the test and passed ok cos I am papping it and I have until April and any encouraging words might make a bit of difference.... :smiley_vomit:

    • 10 replies
    • 477 views
  10. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    Hey, I had my letter dated 16th December, had my interview 28th of November. Failed at 58% for the MET. When can I re-apply? Thanks all, Jon.

    • 7 replies
    • 251 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  11. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi again My dad has a couple of driving offences Drink Driving from 10 years ago and driving without due care and attention more recently. will these have any affect on my application at the vetting stage. Should i tell recruitment, there was nothing about parents offences on the application form of the vetting forms, but i am concerned that they will come up at vetting as both offences have gone through court. any advice would be very helpfull Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 392 views
  12. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    hi all im preparing for my assessment centre (24 days to go!!) currently doing my inetrveiw answers how ever all but 1 of my answers seems to be something that happened in a work enviroment even tho the example was not my job ( i was a chef) so it wasnt someone i was required to do however is it frowned upon to use too many examples from work? do they prefer couple work and couple of general life or does it not matter aslong as its right? thanks for reading

    • 8 replies
    • 316 views
  13. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    Can anyone offer some examples or suggestions on what to put on theses forms? Ive just completed week 8 of initial training and have been told to fill one in over the weekend and have it in first thing monday. Im having a bit of a hard time getting on with the solap as it is. Ive pretty much got the hang of the ldsr`s, but im staring at this self assessment thingy and just drawing a blank. What is it they want? Am i supposed to big myself up or be critical? I dont even know what sort of things im supposed to draw reference from,other than the last 8 weeks. Someone please help me before i set fire to the damn thing.

    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
  14. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, I know you have to serve a 2 year probation period in uniform but I was wondering how long realistically from joining will it take to get into plain clothes and into a speciality area such as CID?. I've just recently turned 25 and have applied to the met. I've got a fairly strong education history (a-levels, uni) though I'm not sure how much education really counts in the police. Is joining and then getting into CID realistic within 3 years or so?.

  15. Azy
    Started by Azy,

    Before applying to the police I had recently done summer camp work in america. I am now being asked for a certificate of good conduct. I have been advised to contact the US embassy. Has anybody any experience of applying for such a certificate?

    • 4 replies
    • 3.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.