Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. para-signaller
    Started by para-signaller,

    Hi All, Just got my result back from Lancashire Constab A/C which i sat in Nov - Passed didnt give me any figures scores etc just congratulating that i passed and will be phoned to arrange final interview, was wondering if anyone else had heard anything back yet and what the pass mark is for Lancs A/C?? Where does officer training take place for Lancs student officers? Hutton? Would be interested to hear of people who have or are doing there student training with lancs Many Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 456 views
  2. deals
    Started by deals * ,

    I am new to this site I friend recommended I have look which I did yesterday, I start at Hendon on the 16th March. would love to hear from people joining then or anyone else who wants to say Hello,

    • 5 replies
    • 687 views
  3. trying_to_join
    Started by trying_to_join * ,

    Can anyone give me some info about the IDLDP course? I know there is a University stage for student officers and that there are exams to be done (about the law I assume). My question is this: how much emphasis do they put on passing these exams? Whats more important? Exams or being able to do the job? I know you haqve to do the exams to get on the streets, but Im no good at exams - I panic. I dont want to join the job and find that the exams inpede my progress, then as much as I want to join, then I feel it might be unfair of me to take a place that could be had by a candidate who is better at exams. That make sense? Thaqnks in advance for any advice or comments guys!…

    • 2 replies
    • 485 views
  4. SarahLouise
    Started by SarahLouise,

    Has anyone else got this date yet?? I'm soooooo nervous and excited!!!

  5. Intake4
    Started by Intake4,

    How can police FPN (N) or (E) someone who refuses to give their name? ie person not wearing a seatbelt is pulled over to be issued an FPN (N) but refuses to give name,address etc. what are police powers in this situation.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. littlebillywizz
    Started by littlebillywizz * ,

    Can anybody tell me exactly what is involved in the vetting process and who is going to be checked I'm just a little worrried about certain debts etc. I'm only human and have had my fair share of money problems, but fortunately nothing that I haven't been able to overcome. Any advice or comments will be greatly apreciated. Cheers

  7. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, I don't have a set date for it yet, but we were told to practice for it. So I'm hoping someone can give me some tips? I sadly don't have the money to be joining a Gym either which is a pain, however come Monday onwards I will be walking across the canal, then jogging (and/or) running until I feel as if my heart is going to bulge out of my chest haha. I can't say I'm the fittest person either, though I'm something like 6ft4 (or 3) so i'm not too sure as to where I should be with my fitness, I'm 18 also so really speaking I should be 'OK' with a bleep test, but looking at myself I think 'no way' haha I have completley cut out fatty foods, all I eat now is Cereal, S…

    • 5 replies
    • 208 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  8. martineaster
    Started by martineaster,

    Hi guys! I am expecting my regulars assessment centre at some point in early 2009 and I am considering taking one of the pre assessment centre courses which numerous organisations are promoting to better prepare myself! These organisations do make various claims about how great their course is but could any of you guys recommend one from your experiences?

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  9. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    Does anyone know if you are entitled to access the key workers scheme as a probationer in London. I want to start looking into buying a house and I know that there is a key workers scheme available but not sure if it covers newbies.

    • 1 reply
    • 588 views
  10. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hello all, im waiting for my police recruitment medical and worried about my medical history. I had a slipped disc over 3 years ago, and since then have made a full recovery. Will I fail my medical with this history?

  11. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    You are likely to be reading this now and wanting advice on the fitness etc. I am just wondering that the people that passed the AC, how well did you think it went after you finished it? Did you think it was ok, easy or hard? Were you confident you passed or not? I had my AC yesterday and a few others have recently that i know. Did anyone think they messed up the role plays/interview but actually passed? What was your pass rate etc? Appreciate your thoughts on this? Thanks

  12. helena88
    Started by helena88,

    How long does it usually take to hear anything after submitting an application form? I applied to Notts Police in early November, and haven't heard anything, I'm sure I'm overreacting (as it means a lot to me) but is it 'normal' that I haven't heard anything yet? Thanks, Helena

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. silver0001067
    Started by silver0001067,

    Hi All, Just a note to say I got my letter in today about my initial and I passed woohooo!!! Now for the long wait on the background reports I know it's a bit soon but has anyone got any hints or tips for the final interview?? Hopefully I'll get to that stage! Cheers and woohoo again! David.

    • 8 replies
    • 628 views
  14. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Let's see if anyone can help me out with this... I've been checking the policecouldyou website almost everyday for the past month, at home, in university, at work, my girlfriends house, you name it... i've also checked my local forces, greater manchester, mersyside, lancashire etc. ... NOTHING with regards to recruitment... The other day however, Greater Manchester posted on their site that they would be recruiting... 10th december - 12th ... closing this link when they have received their 500 application limit. Now, can anybody tell me... Where, on gods earth are we supposed to get an application from? Because surely, and im sure many others would agree, it is unfair,…

  15. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    Hey just a quick messeage to anybody undergoing an application/training for Leicestershire Constabulary. There doesnt seem to be many others on here. Would be nice to see where everyones at so reply to this post or chuck me a PM. Im awaiting a medical anyone else? How was the FIB for you all and how have you found the application process overall? Non Leicester Constab feel free to reply toooooooooo

    • 5 replies
    • 588 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.