Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
HI, GUY'S Just wondered if anyone has got their start date through for training ( TVP)? mines 16th March Aylesbury College. Dalboy
-
- 8 replies
- 835 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I was just hoping someone out there could help. I have just read something on his forum that has interested me but could use some confirmation. I applied to West mercia police force and managed to reach the assessment centre. Now I know the national pass mark is 50% but for West Mercia it was 60%. I managed to get 55% which I assumed was a simple fail mark but am now wondering whether there would be the possibilty of transferring my appliation to a force which enforced the national 50% pass mark. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks to all
-
Hey folks, has anyone done their A/C and have an unwanted PIRT book? There is one with mock tests and revision notes i do believe and i thought that would be quite handy. Just wondered if anyone had one they no longer need and would be so kind as to pass it on? IF we all pass our aids onto others then we'll be doing a good turn ! cheers in advance !
-
-
I am at the moment revising for my Met Day1 in January. I'v been dead set on the police for a while now and intened to make it my career in life. However I'm seriosuly considering putting an end to it all and following another path. Reason being, - I just dont think I'v got what it takes. More precisely, I am useless at dealing with 1 on 1 confrontation. I'm not a wimp, I'm not scared of getting hurt, I also think I'd probably lead a successfull life in the police once I found a role that suited me. I'm very good at dealing with hetic situations and panic and state of emergencies. But I just have a pathetic weakness when it comes to argumentation and confrontatio…
-
Hi I have my set and fitness on Dec 7th. I read somewhere that on this day, you have to answer four questions that are handed to you on a piece of paper. Does this happen? Thanks Jim1
-
I am currently applying to lancashire police and have my assessment centre next month, just thinking ahead, if i get in can i choose my own location or will i just get given one? i have been told by some that you cannot work in the same place as you live. i live in lancaster so does that mean i cannot work there and will be placed somewhere else in lancashire or is this wrong? any help please x
-
- 2 replies
- 986 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi all just wondering if anyone knew if a reprimand is the same as a caution, also is it a conviction. thanks again
-
Iv’e just had a skim through the examples of poor applications. Q2. Think of an example of an occasion when you have met someone and have shown respect for their lifestyle, culture or religious beliefs, even though they differed significantly from your own. What happens if you have no examples? A persons religion makes no difference to me, ok , I have some Asian friends and I think before I speak , especially with the world the way it is at the moment with terror threats etc, but to be honest they are all in their mid twenties and are not religious anyway, will you fail an application just because you have not been in certain situations? Q1. Try to remember an occasi…
-
Hi there, I am a new to the job PC and have a personal demon I need to master before I feel comfortable passing out. It's paperwork related! My problem is not the MG forms..I can do those. My problem is that when I'm given a file and asked to build it, I can't fathom exactly what file I'm supposed to build without asking someone. I go to the CJD intranet site, and it lists the types of files and forms to put in the folders (CJSSS, Post-charge, Pre-charge, Expedited etc. etc.) This is good, but what one of these do I choose? Is there a dummies guide I can read , so at least I know what to look for when I get handed a file. I have asked tutors, but they have just s…
-
Hi I found out this morning that theres a possiblity I have asthma and have been told that that this will prevent me from getting in the police, is this true? Im only on a blue inhaler but I have to return to the doctors in a couple of weeks to re-take the test as I have been unwell but this may result in having to use a brown inhaler if my results dont improve.
-
- 13 replies
- 473 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am looking for a little help/advice with the report writing section of the a/c. I have been preparing mock reports to ready myself for the a/c which is not until around April, however. Everytime I time my response report I never seem to manage to get everything in that I want to put in and stay within the 20 mins of time allowed. Is this a huge problem or are they looking for the content of what you put as opposed to whether you finish in time i.e Quality over Quantity. I hope one of the guys that has done the a/c already or some one in the know can help as I'm sure I cant be the only one that has came across this issue. I hope!!!!!!
-
Hi All, Does anyone know when BTP will be recruiting again. One friend says they will open up recruitment again in the new year Jan / Feb. Can anyone shed any more light on this? Cheers
-
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Just wondering if any of you good people can give me some insight on what'll be asked or areas discussed at my final interview for Strathclyde. Got word that i've to go on the 12th December for it. Been looking into drugs, drink, knives, etc, and just want be sure that i'm on the right path. Cheers
-
- 2 replies
- 519 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I'm thinking of applying, I've always been really interested in joining up and trying to work my way through the ranks. I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on height, I'm just short of 5ft 8 myself and wondered if I would encounter any problems on the job. I should imagine its all about how you project yourself. Was just interested in peoples opinions?. Also is there still a height requirement for city of london police?.