Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I am currently at the application stage for joining the South Wales Police. I have been told my a friend (who's a special) that i need to read up and do some in-depth research on the "seven core competencies" to help with my application. I was just wondering where i could find the information that i need the on seven core competencies?? Thank you Matt
-
can anyone please verify if the westyorkshire police application form is identicle to gmp's application , i am referring to the competency questions ?
-
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of transferring to Cheshire from South Wales. So far everything has been smooth but I was just wanted to do a bit of fishing for info about Cheshire. My impression is good to date and I have a reasonable knowledge of the area having lived there for 10 years, 10 years ago! Can anyone shed any light on the workings of Cheshire Constabulary for me whether it be good or otherwise please?? I have 5 years service so I'm reasonably experienced and I'm willing to fit in to any department/area. Any personal experiences would be much appreciated. PS - will I have to do my response driving course again etc??
-
Hi all, I recently went for my assesment day at Lothian and Borders (25th Sept). Passed all the SET's, got 11mins 2secs for the run But I failed the Push/Pull test. I got the technique wrong on the push stupidly . Anyway i've been told I can resit the fitness in 2 months time but have just been told that there will also be a Critical Thinking Test included after aswell. Does anyone have any idea what this involves? Is it just a scenario based test to see how a candidate would react in different situations? Thanks Gary
-
Hi Ktfloyd, I have my initial on the 5th of January. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to send me a PM with some of things that may arise in the interview. I noticed you helping some other members so I thought I'd chance my arm and ask you here. I have a rough idea what may come up but you can never be too careful I suppose. Cheers, Mick
-
Hello, Has anyone been on a talking blues course and is it value for money? Thanks in advance LJ
-
Had my day 2 on 23rd sep 08, still waiting for vetting to be completed. Anyone else been waiting 11 weeks plus, for the MET to complete vetting checks???
-
- 5 replies
- 568 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys How early have people been receiving their day one packs prior to the day one itself. I've got mine on the 14th Jan and received mine 4 weeks ago .... But I know someone who has there's a day before mine and just received the letter and pack. Now that's not fair is it in my eyes, even though they have 5 weeks before their day one (which is more then enough time to prepare) but its a matter of principle and consistency should be looked at when sending packs out. Everyone should be sent their packs 2 months in advance!
-
Hi everyone, I'm going to be applying to my force at the next recruitment drive, which I've been told will probably be early 2009. I was wondering how long it takes from sending back the forms to being accepted as a student officer, providing you pass everything first time. It probably depends on the force, but a general idea would be great.
-
finised my day 2 on the 3rd december,jsut got to fax my signed medical form. how long is likely before i start training. Is there any accomadation when you are on training?? thanks
-
Hi All, I have been successful in my recent application to Devon and Cornwall Constabulary, however, during the background enquiry process they have invited me to attend a security-vetting interview. I was not aware this was standard procedure? Any ideas on what to expect and prepare on? I presume it is based on the information I have supplied on my application? I would gladly receive some feedback Thanks Jo
-
Does anybody who has applied to the West Yorkshire Police have any inside news on any possible medical or start dates? My application has been going on since February 2007! I passed my fitness at the start of this year and was told medical dates would be sent out, but no such luck as yet. This is the last hurdle for me as I have already received an email stating my vetting is 'satisfactory' which is good news i suppose! Good luck to anybody else waiting to hear back! Gavin
-
Hi folks, have just found this site ... seems to be a load of useful info floating about! I've got my Initial Fitness at 5pm on 9th Dec, I was wondering if anyone has done it recently? I had heard at this time of year it was the bleep test instead of the mile and a half? Got my fingers crossed for the Bleep as the mile an a half in 12mins seems pretty brutal
-
First thing tomorrow i need to go hunt down my line manager and tell her of my application to the police. Somehow feels wrong but i guess thats just the good in me :) Not been in the job long so hope it doesnt go down tooo bad. Just wondering if this means im in now? Im in no doubt the reference will be fine but just wondered if .... I can crack open the champagne yet? From speaking with recruitment they are really pushed for time and need to know asap! Doesnt give me much notice to find "the right time" to speak to my manager but i guess having waited a year....anytime is a GOOD time! Wish me luck!
-
I've read on another forum that the venue has changed to Clayton Brook. Having spoken to recruitment this morning, the lady confirmed that the venue has changed. I've not received notification of this through the post as yet - though it is being sent I was told. Apparently the time and date remains the same. Has anyone on this forum who has fitness on 3rd Dec been told yet via post?
-
- 27 replies
- 354 views
- 1 follower
-