Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. torigirl_uk
    Started by torigirl_uk,

    Hey, I have an Induction Evening for Suffolk on the 15th December and just wondered what you wear to these things, is it a suit or is it more of an informal environment so smart/casual would be ok? Tori

    • 2 replies
    • 422 views
  2. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    has anyone got any experience with join999. as i understand they only do one to one courses at £350 . going back 3 years there is no mention of these in any forums.

    • 1 reply
    • 163 views
  3. jameslin27
    Started by jameslin27,

    Hi guys i had my day 1 on the 19th well nervous whilst waiting for the results!! anyone went that day and had results yet?

    • 3 replies
    • 146 views
    simonharris.1998
  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, i know this has been discussed before i apologise but cannot find a difinitive answer anywhere. i am approaching the vetting stages with essex police and am abit concerned as i am 19k in debt BUT my credit score is the highest you can get and ive never missed a payment. i spoke to Essex recruitment and they said they look at the amount, who the loans are with and your credit 'history'. my question is what amount of debt will fail you? i was tols if the finance vetting bought up any problems i MAY get an interview.....does anyone know a definiate answer or maybe works for essex police and could find out? matt

  5. ironpalm
    Started by ironpalm * ,

    hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster! i've got my day one assessment on 21st january. just wandering if anyone else has theirs on or around the same day. thanks in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 467 views
  6. chris1978
    Started by chris1978,

    Hi everyone. Passed my fitness test and have my intial interview in a weeks time so need to crack on with the studying. Has anyone any hints on what and how to study for it? Thank you!

    • 4 replies
    • 163 views
  7. Wolfie82
    Started by Wolfie82,

    I recently just missed out on the met by 2% and i know everyone would say the same but some of my scores seem very strange, i.e being self employed and employing someone else organising work for four other people booking in wages inspecting work and and ordering materials etc got me a d grade for personal responsibility. Also in my roleplays i followed the same format ( make clear the point of meeting ask for views, give a clear well structered response and provide an outcome that dealt with the situation) in each of my roleplays (effective comm) scored b in two and a d in another(got 100% for oral comms), just dont seem right. Anyway not alot i can do as the guy at the…

    • 2 replies
    • 420 views
  8. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    How strict are forces regarding sick days (occasions and days) ? Mine are fine, but my friend is quite concerned as his are certainly over our local forces threshold, totaling 7 occasions of sickness over the 3 year period - the limit is 5/6 (cant remember which). Some of his illness was due to a reoccuring problem which he has now had operated on and sorted out - he has enclosed a letter explaining this from work. Just wondered what you guys thought, as I have known forces to be pretty strict with this aspect of the application, unless you have circumstances such as a death pushing you over the limit etc

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Newbie1545925590
    Started by Newbie1545925590,

    I've just been looking at the Greater Manchester Police website and seen that they're accepting student officer applications in the near future but they seem to be vague on the details. It says they're recruiting to top up the current candidate pool Does anyone know what a student officer is and if they're the same as normal recruits. They also dont say who is eligable to apply, not sure whether you have to be a current student or past student, its unclear.

  10. kimbo09
    Started by kimbo09,

    Hey, I am coming down with a bit of a cold. the usual symptoms...cold shivers, sweating etc but i also have sore throat and ears (reduced hearing). my medical is tomoro and im going to rest and take loads of beechams but should i go or postpone?? i really dont want to postpone.

    • 9 replies
    • 720 views
  11. KK141546620330
    Started by KK141546620330 * ,

    I was just wondering when do Strathclyde Police stop doing the bleep test for initial fitness test? I got injured in August fracturing my elbow, a week before my fitness test and so never go to do it and so now I am trying to get myself fit again and due to the weather being the way it has been I've been practicing the bleep test and doing really well but haven't contacted Jackton yet in order to let them know I am fully fit to do my fitness. Also I am trying to study lots and lots of things for the interviews but I feel as if I am learning excessive amounts, can anyone help with the criteria that is needed for this? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 166 views
  12. bitsie
    Started by bitsie,

    Hi guys..wondering if anyone knows anything about this that might help me.. I applied to n.yorks 2 years ago and passed selection and was waiting for interview but application was put on hold, and still is. I work for nhs and a condition of me taking the job was me to attend uni to advance my qualification, i was due to go on course the feb after I applied sept previous but I put my boss off, hoping I would hear something back from police. In meantime from being on hold i have been forced to enrol on this uni course as its the last time they are running it in feb 09, its 2 years long. I did not want to go on it as i find my job incrediably boring (although wage goo…

  13. Carlx

    I was wondering how far into the application process one would have to be before being able to transfer application to another force. I have just received my papersift results and passed for Derbyshire, however my A/C date isnt untill mid 2009, which leaves me on a 2010 start date if i pass everything, this to me is an unacceptable wait, i want to leave my current job in the fire service asap as i dont enjoy it anymore. I am willing to travel or relocate, so the first options would be WMP, Lincs, Notts etc all the surrounding forces. Any information or tips are greatly appreciated!

  14. Stuart 5450
    Started by Stuart 5450 * ,

    Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am looking for help and advice for my Final Interview. Got a phonecall today to go for my Final Interview next Friday 12th Dec. Has anyone got any advice or tips on what i'll be asked or what to sort of things to study? I've looked into drugs, drink, knife crime, etc... Thanks in advance Stuart

    • 1 reply
    • 203 views
    Vincentmcmaster
  15. Will84
    Started by Will84,

    Hey guys Passed my SET's and Fitness and now I got my date for the Initial Interview which is under 2 weeks time. Looking for all the help I can get to get cracking on with studying ! Any help would be greatly appreciated !! thanks guys Will.

    • 2 replies
    • 141 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.