Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tls
    Started by tls,

    Just wondering if they check your BMI/Weight again at the medical? Also what type of testing do they do for the likes of hearing/seeing? Do they take a hair sample for the drug test? Do you have to complete any type of strength test etc? Hope someone whos been through the medical at Strathlyde can help? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 478 views
  2. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    When vetting checks are performed on your address, are the local council contacted about the enquiry for confirmation? Or is it merely a check to see in any of the properties appear on police records. Me and my girlfriend just moved into a new property (newer to the one given on my application form) The lanlord claims that the council tax has been paid till the end of this year and that there is no need to pay (or inform) the council untill January. However on my forms, I will say the actual date that I moved into this address. Will vetting enquire to my local council, who subsequently would say that I apparently didn't move into this address until January, therefore…

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  3. char2008
    Started by char2008 * ,

    hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me the pass marks for the written assessment for surre police?

    • 1 reply
    • 175 views
  4. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    in2police 1 day course £110 That Tolley book £5 New Suit £100 Mars bars for the Assesment Centre £1 3 month Gym membership £120 Gym Locker key £1 New gym outfit - go on, you deserve it £50 Medical form signed my Doc £16 Taking a £15,000 paycut to protect & serve the community PRICELESS

    • 5 replies
    • 640 views
  5. Gazz
    Started by Gazz,

    Hi Did anyone here attend the Police Officer assessment with Gwent back in February? Application submitted October 07 Passed paer shift December 07 Attended assessment centre Feb 08 Gazz2008-12-02 12:34:30

  6. Rich21
    Started by Rich21,

    I'm currently waiting to start with Hampshire and i've purchased the Altberg Peacekeeper P1 Aquas. I was just wondering it is worth buying a second pair of boots, for instance when the boots get soaked and you've got a shift next day. I've also read that these boots get a bit warm in the summer and it may be better to get a breathable pair. PS really glad i spent the extra money on the Altbergs, they're alot better than magnums that i wear for work at the moment.

  7. laurzf1
    Started by laurzf1,

    Hi everyone, Just a quickie...does anyone know if/when City of London Police will be recruiting or have I missed the boat? I've got an assessment centre date for the Met but I'm not so sure about them now (as in the organisation, I still want to be a police officer), I might transfer my application. In a bit of a muddle really! Cheers.

  8. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Has anyone recieved the assessment centre package i have my assessment on the 12th February 2009 and still haven't recieved anything yet.has anyone on this forum got there assesssment with northumbria in February it would be nice to hear from you and chat about the prep work.

    • 17 replies
    • 346 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  9. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    If everything went fine but you messed up the maths completely and got a D...is that an automatic fail? In regards to Met AC.

    • 3 replies
    • 207 views
  10. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Phoned recruitment today, they told me they are nto sure whats happening whether I've passed or not but I will be receiving a letter in the next week... my logic is saying they are not telling me I have failed because its over the phone and they want to tell me by letter because its a lot easier... any ideas?

  11. sawsara
    Started by sawsara * ,

    Hi to all I've just received my PC day 1 assessment result for the Met and it was heartbreaking... got 59% so I just missed it by 1%. Shall i transfer my results to BPT as their pass mark is 50% or shall i wait another 6 months and re-apply with the Met? Please help, any advice would very much be apprectiated.

  12. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, I was wondering if its kind of true that if you pass the application form and are invited to the assessment centre you have passed the hardest part?. When I went to the met open day at earls court the recruiter giving the talk gave the impression if you pass the application form you are pretty much on your way in, as they wouldn't invite you on to the assessment centre if they didn't think you would pass. Is this true?. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Just a quick post, everybody that applied in October leave a post in here, update it when you hear something back so we've all got an idea where were up to. I'm guessing it will be a while till we hear something back so we may aswell all get to know each other..

  14. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    I managed to get my application in for GMP yesterday, just noticed that they close recruitment tonight. who else has applied? I am only 19 aswell, managed to fill in all the competancies no problem, got the examples there etc but many people still seem to think I am too young. What soes everyone else think?

  15. APB08
    Started by APB08,

    Hey, Does anybody know how long the Met will be recruiting for? I know I can always phone up and find out but before I make the call and wait on hold for 20 minutes I thought I'd ask hear first and hope for a faster response. I've read somehwere that its until March. Thanks APB

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.