Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. desnob
    Started by desnob,

    Hi, I hope someone can help or has been in this predicament and can give some advice. Due to ill-health my husband missed his assessment day today for the Met Police, the receptionist at the centre took his details when he called to explain his absence and she said someone from the recruitment team would be in touch (probably next week). Has anything like this happened to anyone else and did you get another assessment day scheduled? He is absolutely gutted after putting in so much hard work studying for today. Thanks in advance.

  2. Will84
    Started by Will84,

    Hey guys just a shout out to anyone doing Fitness tests soon at Jackton. I just called them asking if I could go running round the building and they said no due to them starting the Bleep test. Anyone got the link to download it? and any tips for it ?? thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 204 views
  3. Cosmic
    Started by Cosmic,

    Hi all, I'm excited - found out I'm starting at Hendon on the 5th of January. Slightly nervous as I'm moving from Somerset to London, leaving the Police here as a PCSO. I'm curious to find out the layout of our initial training. Perhaps you can help. From the pack I've recieved it is apparent that the initial training is 25 weeks - first 6 weeks at Hendon; it states in the pack that there is a weeks leave in week 18. Would I be right in saying - please correct me if I'm wrong - that first 6 weeks at Hendon, 11 weeks at Borough training base, weeks leave and then 7 weeks tutorship? Then out on independant patrol? Or am I wrong? Can someone please set me straight.…

  4. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    Had my day 2 on 23rd sep this year, still waiting for my vetting to be completed. I have been speaking to the vetting people twice a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks, they tell me should be another week. The thing is i know of two people, one of which had her day two a week after me, the other about a month after, both have had there vetting finished. Any one else been waiting longer then most, or know why i may be waiting longer than others? ta very much!

    • 6 replies
    • 688 views
  5. Onslaught
    Started by Onslaught * ,

    Hello, I have a fitness test on the 8th dec, I never knew about this BMI thing until like 10 mins ago. I know my BMI is around 38-40. I am tall and an american football player. I would consider myself fat but I do have alot of muscle aswell which adds to the weight and I read that they do not include this? Should I go on the 8th, fail and work hard to lose around 5 stone (what I calculated I would need to lose to make 30 BMI) for the 2nd/3rd try? Losing around 5 stone should not be a huge problem, as long as I am given around 2-3 months.

  6. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I'm waiting for a date on my medical. Just wandering if someone whos done one recently could describe the whole process. What happens when you step into the doctors office? If you've recently done West Midlands that would be even better. Also i've got flat feet, doesn't casue me any problems, but a bit worried they will fail me on it. Anyone had problems with the medical and flat feet? Many thanks, Dan

    • 1 reply
    • 211 views
  7. Ascot
    Started by Ascot,

    Hi, I know this sounds silly, but can anyone give any examples of what would get you a D for RRD in the role plays? Apart from the obvious, i'm talking about the differing degrees you can challenge people's views for example. Cheers

    • 15 replies
    • 506 views
  8. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi all, I have my a/c next week :smiley_vomit: feeling so nervous about it all in particular the interviews and role plays. I have atleast one example for each competency area, these examples can be slightly changed depending on the way the question is asked. Ive also tried to come up with second scenarios just incase one of my answers doesnt fit. Just doubting my scenario for RRD, obviously i do not want to get a D for this in the interview or thatll be it for me. Wondering if anyone can pass comment on whether you think it is a good example: Example in brief is that my works night out was planned to go to an expensive restaurant for christmas last year. One o…

  9. baggiebird
    Started by baggiebird,

    Hi, Is anyone else attending the a/c in Birmingham tomorrow? I'm terrified!! Thanks xx

    • 8 replies
    • 129 views
  10. oldboy
    Started by oldboy,

    Hi Folks, I've been reading that a lot of candidates had difficulty finishing these test in the alloted time. Is there any benefit in taking a best guess at the answers you don't have time to work on, or will you be penalised for wrong answers? A guess would seem better than a blank on the assumption that you don't get any marks for a blank page. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

  11. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Quick one: If you are offered role as officer, what notice do they give for you to quit your current job? Cheers all!

  12. Finbar1733
    Started by Finbar1733,

    Had my assessment day one on 17th of oct and still no results back and am starting to fear the worse ive come to the conclusion i failed but cant really move on till they give me the confirmation letter, has anybody else heard anything from around that date or any reason why they could be delayed?? Thanks

  13. joewm18
    Started by joewm18,

    Hi all, Gratefully, I'm 1 of the lucky 1's who has passed their A/C Day 1 - I've just got my medical questionnaire signed off by my GP and am hoping to get it in the Saturday post tomorrow, my question is: Where do I send it??? If anybody has the address it would be really appreciated, in the questionnaire it states to send it in the envelope provided - I haven't been given any envelopes!? I will be phoning up recruitment tomorrow morning to find out (if they're open Saturdays?) but if anybody knows I can get it in the post box first thing. Thanks very much, Joe.

    • 11 replies
    • 267 views
  14. DRED
    Started by DRED,

    i went to an open day for the met police today,i have only one concern. which is a couple of silly things when i was younger,these have to be put on the application. if they are not disclosed my application could stop there,to be honest its so long ago i cant remember,i have sent a form of for a copy of my record but this could take 40 days and i only have till the end of the month to submit my application. is there any other way to find these details out?

  15. lostgirl
    Started by lostgirl * ,

    Hi everyone, on the "could you" website it says that Leicestershire constabulary are currently recruitming but there is no information on the county website to attest to this. Do I just keep checking until some sort of magic button apprears? Ta, Jo

    • 4 replies
    • 596 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.