Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bwe1
    Started by bwe1,

    Hello, I attended the assessment centre in Cheltenham last month and was told to expect to wait around 2-3 weeks to find out. It has now been nearly 5 weeks since I was there and I have still heard nothing. I didn't come away feeling particularly confident, and I wandered if the long wait means that I have probably not been successful? Any advice would be very welcome as I think the postman is getting a bit fed up of me now. Ben

    • 5 replies
    • 163 views
  2. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Does anyone know if the Met are only doing so many dates for starting training? At the day 2 the guy who checked through my documents said that the Met had to get so many people on training before the end of the tax year. Does this mean they are only doing training in Jan, Feb, March and April? Then what? I have passed everything but unfortunately my application is on hold for 3 months due to medical stuff. So that will be end of Feb before they contact me again and then have to process security checks and references. Any ideas? Apologies if this makes no sense!

  3. skipper1
    Started by skipper1,

    hi there people. got my ac with g.m.p on the 25th november. Nerves have set in and after going to the awareness evening and receiving some guidance information on what to expect im really worried. Its after seeing an example of the numerical questions im really worried about , to the extent that i feel im doomed to fail , i really am not that clever on the maths front. The rest of it i feel that im just going to go for it and be myself and see how it goes and hope ive got the necessary skills to be succesful.But if i perform that badly on the numerical does that mean i fail the whole a/c day or can i gain marks in the other areas of the day and just maybe pull out the res…

  4. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Well, its finally arrived. I have my A/C with WMP tomorrow at 1.15pm, anyone alse there tomorrow ? Wish me luck

    • 4 replies
    • 139 views
  5. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi, One of the first questions on the application form is whether you've had any convictions or cautions by the police. A few years back as a teenager with a little too much to drink after a night out the police pulled me over for swearing in public (and generally being a nuisance), they took my details and said I'd hear from them, I apologised and they left. I didn't hear any more from them. This is about as close to being in trouble as I've ever been. Does this class as a caution, and if so what could I put down under the offence/alleged offence section? Olly

    • 5 replies
    • 576 views
  6. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hi all, I have my A/C day with West Mids Police on the 25.11.08, just wondered if anyone else will be there off here ?. As its only two weeks away I'm starting to get a little nervous, think its the writing and maths test which are going to be a problem. I have never been good at spelling or grammer, maths is also a struggle, anyway I'll stop waffling on and say good look to those who are in the same position as me.

    • 2 replies
    • 133 views
  7. nightowl
    Started by nightowl,

    what's the sort of timeline after you fill in an application form. if you're successful in being chosen for assessment, how soon would it normally be before you would expect to do a fitness test? i'm thinking of apply for south wales who are sending out forms in early december. i know i could probably do with a decent month in the gym to prepare

    • 4 replies
    • 789 views
  8. anna1545925590
    Started by anna1545925590,

    I have just had my assessment centre and am looking at the physical as the next stage if I pass. I'd consider myself fairly fit but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas on the best way to train for the physical, any particular types of exercise to practise etc? If anyone has passed the test, what kind of training did you do beforehand? Hopefully I'll pass assessment and need this advice!

  9. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi everyone Just wondering if theres anyone applying to North Wales Police? I passed my fitness, medical and welsh test on 19th November and am now awaiting reference and security checks, even though I know theres nothing much to worry about here I am still a little , you hear some awful stories on here about security checks! I know theres an intake in January and one in March (hoping to be January, but March will do as long as Im in!!!!) Would be nice to have a chat with someone applying to or in this force!!! Take care X BeccaBeckyBee2008-11-24 11:47:28

  10. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi has any one applied to kent? if so has anyone heard yet? im getting worried because its been a while, maybe they have forgotten me! lol

  11. DRED
    Started by DRED,

    hi guys i put my application in on july 31st....still not heard nothing. i take it if i fail the paper sift i will be notified?

  12. greal
    Started by greal * ,

    Hi guys, I've signed up to the forum today & I have my assessment day on 4th Dec & was just looking for any advice that anyone can give me to help. I'm pretty prepared with everything apart from the written tests - I haven't got a clue in what task they will set/what they will be looking for/ how to start & end it if anyone can advise. I've read quite alot of the posts on here which have been a great help already. Thanks guys Greal.

    • 1 reply
    • 369 views
  13. Bec1
    Started by Bec1,

    Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone on here who is thinking of applying to the MET as a PC?

  14. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    Can anyone say what the current structure is for the assessment day. Is it just 2 reports or is it a report and a letter. Unlike most people, this is the part I'm most worried about as my written skills/spelling are terrible.

    • 1 reply
    • 135 views
  15. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    hi all just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me and how it will affect my application. im currently at the vetting stage for the west midlands police awaiting a medical date, my only problem is that i have quite poor vision in my left eye. west mids say the requirements are. The standard you need to meet either with or without spectacals or contact lenses is : Distance vision 6/12 or better with either your right or your left eye 6/6 with both eyes together If you wear spectacles or contact lenses you also need to reach 6/36 without your spectacles of contact lenses. i can just about read the 6/36 line with my left eye, but i can easily read bey…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.