Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi Is there any body here who knows what is the shift pattern in place in Thames valley Police? I know i dont imagin being put into shifts straight away, however it woud be nice to knoow in advance how they operate shifts. thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  2. bigmack
    Started by bigmack,

    Hi folks,I am driving my wife mad since my attendance at my assessment centre. I feel I done well in my interview,confident I got every numerical and verbal logical reasoning tests correctly,I had time to go over them 4 times. I feel I got at least 78% in the two written proposals. Now the role plays,I feel I did enough in 3 of the 4 role plays. I will admit I made a complete mess of one of my role plays. I can't go into which role play I messed up on,however,I am sure that for everyone who has been through the 5 hours of hell may know which role play I am referring to. OK,at the assessment centre we go through 9 tests,I believe I have done very well in 8 of them. My ques…

    • 7 replies
    • 470 views
  3. oldboy
    Started by oldboy,

    Hi Guys, I've got a day one at Hendon next week which I'm really chuffed about. However... I'm 38 years old and was wondering if I've got any real chance of getting through or if they just throw a couple of oldies into the mix to keep the recruitment figures sweet! Does anyone know of any oldies like me being taken on? Cheers "Oldboy"

    • 3 replies
    • 331 views
  4. Lilly1546620342
    Started by Lilly1546620342 * ,

    I've just completed my PCSO application, now the recruitment team want to see my dyslexic report after i had ticked the disabilities box on the form along with saying i did not need any further requirements at the assessment centre. After reading my 5 year old dyslexia report I'm now worried sending this report may do more harm then good. Has anyone else been in a similar predicament?

    • 5 replies
    • 568 views
    Lilly1546620342 *
  5. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Has anyone heard back from The Met following a September deadline? As of yet I've not heard anything where as a girl I met at the open day in Islington in August has now got an Assessment date... Do I ring them and ask or is that not a good idea?? Hmm!! I know they said it took time but it's only when you're actually waiting that you realise how bl**dy hard that is!! Respect for those that have gone all the way!!!

  6. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    Hi folks, i'm starting my new career in Jan as a student officer i was wandering what benifits do i get such as reduced council tax, NI contrubutions, car insuance etc just asking as im taking a pay drop to join and just want to know how many holes i need to tighten my belt !! he he

  7. ryanb1989
    Started by ryanb1989,

    hey all my names ryan and im lookin to join the police force as a pcso so i gain some experience! its a career i reli want to start!! its all kinda new to be and i reli dunno what involved in becoming a pcso and what i have to do. i would reli appriciate any info or help. thanks ryan.

    • 8 replies
    • 804 views
  8. *KAT*
    Started by *KAT*,

    hi, can anyone who has just done their assessment centre clarify what competencies were covered in the interview? i have mine next month and have received the info pack, however it is dated 01nov07 - 31oct08. it says i will be questioned on teamwork, customer and community focus, personal responsibility and rrd, however i keep reading posts by people on here who have had their ac this month and got questioned on resilience and problem solving and not two of the old ones...do i prepare according to the info they have sent me, even though it is out of date?? is this something recruitment will be able to tell me? i don't want to prepare answers to all 7 competencies unne…

    • 9 replies
    • 410 views
  9. metdaddy
    Started by metdaddy,

    Can anyone tell me whether the Met issue, provide or sell pocket diaries? I need a new one for 2009 but as I start at Hendon on 05 Jan I wondered if I could get get one there, at the Peel Centre shop maybe? Any ideas will be gratefully received.

  10. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    Can anyone confirm what the 4 competencies are for the Interview Questions. I know they changed a couple of them around November time. I'm sure there are other people in my position who had an application deadline before November, but have an assessment date after, so the questions wont be the same as in the application form.

    • 3 replies
    • 228 views
  11. James9080
    Started by James9080,

    Hi guys, Just wondering is anyone else on here doing the fittness test for essex police on saturday 15th of november i've got it at 11.15... only a few days away now! also can anyone tell me about the dyno machine how do you use it?? thanks, James

    • 15 replies
    • 235 views
  12. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi can anyone answer a question for me ??????????????????? i have ccj's recorded on my file (4years old but not satisfied) and was led to beleive that with these i couldnt join the police. i have been talking to serving officers and they tell me that they shouldnt be a problem as long as i disclose them on the application has anyone who have applied had any ccj's on their file and still been accepted please let me know many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 330 views
  13. slouise24
    Started by slouise24,

    Hi all, I have done a practise run for bleep test and only completed level 3 before I had to drop out. At the gym I am doing interval training on treadmill for 20 minutes plus other cardio stuff and resistance work and I'm going at least three times a week. The other day I tried gradually increasing my speed on the treadmill each 40 seconds until I'd done 3 and half minutes to replicate the bleep test and managed easily. So I think the turns are really the issue for me. Does anyone know how fast in kmph I need to be running to be the same as level 5? Any suggestions for perfecting the turns? Many thanks.

    • 8 replies
    • 240 views
  14. Samra1546620265
    Started by Samra1546620265 * ,

    Hi everyone, my first post. I wonder if there is anyone else who attended Fairfield event watching this forum, and whether they have received a reply to their application to join the Met Police. I know it takes a while but it would be great to know how everyone is getting on?

    Samra1546620265 *
  15. alex1977
    Started by alex1977 * ,

    people i got my results back from the assessment centre this morning and i passed 68% overall and am really happy! but in the letter it says "Due to the high numbers who have passed the assessment centre we will need to further select. you will be advised in due course of the next stage. please do not contact the office in the meantime, as you will hear from us in due course" so whilst being very happy and relived about passing i am a bit gutted that there may be a further assessment centre or something that will come up! have any of you had this problem and if so what happened?

    • 7 replies
    • 738 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.