Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Micklemuss
    Started by Micklemuss,

    I have been in the process for some time now and like many others are waiting for a start date for Hants which will not be announced until after April 2009! After speaking with a friend who is a current serving officer in Sussex he has really sold the idea to look at going for the Met where I am told they would be keen to get me started. Our concern is that it has been at least 15 months since my Assessment Centre Pass for Hants and although I scored over 60% would this pass still be valid for a possible switch to the MET? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this or any advice? I will call recruitment tomorrow but would love to hear from any of you guys if …

    arcticspunksock *
  2. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, my BMI is 25.8 is would that be a pass? what is the required BMI? 18-?? thanks

  3. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hi in cambridgeshire constabulary where is the initial training given? and how long does it last? Regards, Sam

    • 6 replies
    • 991 views
  4. weephil
    Started by weephil,

    Hey anyone up there tomorrow i have my final at 9.45

  5. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    I sat my first SET July 2006 and failed on the maths paper. I have just sat another SET/fitness on 16 November 08 and passed the fitness test no problems but I am not confident on the information handling part this time. My question is, do they take in to consideration how I did on the first SET a couple of years ago ?.

    • 1 reply
    • 158 views
  6. timbo1546620255
    Started by timbo1546620255,

    JUst got my assessment centre results back and got 58%. I was kind of relieved because I came out thinking I may have got the lowest score anyones ever got ever, but obviously gutted that in reality i only missed out by 2%. I'm a bit confused about parts of it though so if anyone could explain some stuff to me that would be great. My brief breakdown was: Overall 58% Respect for R&D 67% Oral Communication 87& Written Communication 89% D in R&D: No. Is the Overall score simply taking into account all the competancies assessed during interview and role plays? Secondly I seemed to do badly with Personal Responsibility with 85% doing better than me - yet I …

    • 8 replies
    • 540 views
  7. 1234qwer
    Started by 1234qwer,

    To All: If any of you are starting at Hendon soon and need accomodation then myself and my girlfriend have a double room in our flat in St.Albans available. We are both in the job, I'm at Hendon at the moment, she is in TVP. The flat is nice and about 30 mins drive from Hendon. If interested call 07854582288.

    • 0 replies
    • 380 views
  8. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Im starting my training at Cambridgeshire Constab on the 8th of Dec, Im coming from York and wont know anyone! I'll be a billy no mates! So just wondering if anyone else is starting on the same date and what you were doing for accommodation? I would rather rent a flat with another Police officer because of shift work etc. ~If not anyone know a website where I can meet new starters>? Cheers ,Sam

  9. laurajday123
    Started by laurajday123,

    I may just be being very silly, but i dont seem to be able to find any information about Met Training for PC's. Some places i read its in Orpington, others Hendon, some 31 weeks, some 27 weeks, some residential some not. If you have any information about how Met training takes place it would be much appreciated! Thanks Laura

    • 6 replies
    • 995 views
  10. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hey All! Just a quick post - I've got my final fitness for Strathclyde on Thurs morning. I know there's a few others who've got theirs then too - so congrats on getting this far n good luck!! Just wanted to know if anyone else was nervious? - I got really lazy due to lengthly vetting period and have been crammin fitness in for the last week! Just keep thinking - well I could do it three months ago surely I'm fitter now than I was then!! Anyway - look forward to seeing you all there!! Good Luck! Vicki

  11. joe_mac
    Started by joe_mac,

    Just looking for some info, on what you do at jackton during your first week?

    • 4 replies
    • 488 views
  12. bigdave85
    Started by bigdave85,

    This is about the Competancy based interview. According to the info pack they will be asking just 5 questions, with each question requiring an answer no more than 5 minutes long. Does this mean I need to give one long answer or will there be sub questions?? Thanks

  13. spade13
    Started by spade13,

    hay, just got a letter back off GMP regarding my tattoos, ive passed that section thank god! but more inportantly the letter went on to say if everything else is ok the A/C will be in march next year. so for all of you who applyed in oct this year dont book your holidays in march!!! haha

    • 8 replies
    • 630 views
  14. andyvanderpandy
    Started by andyvanderpandy,

    my first 'expired' as it was many moons ago, had another today, and passed, maybe things will start moving again. anyone else had to take another? it was pretty quick, and there was no cought test this time! nurse: hello andrew, has anything changed since may? me: no. nurse: right, lets go and see the doctor. doctor: hello andrew, has anything changed since may? me: no. doctor: ah good, hopefully i wont need to see you again, goodbye. me: bye (exits through door thinking 'i got out bed for this').

    • 4 replies
    • 527 views
  15. Rexer
    Started by Rexer,

    Anyone else got the same date as me?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.