Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hello Im asking this question on behalf of a freind who is an IT teacher applying for Durham Constabulary but cant seem to be bothered to turn on his computer and look for himself!! He has his initial telephone interview in 2 weeks and what is he too expect? I didnt have this kind of assesment during my recruitment process so I dont have a clue. How long does it last? Is it ICF based? Any Other questions worth anticipating? Thanks, Sam

    • 1 reply
    • 418 views
    Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
  2. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    I am a special in the North Yorkshire police and start training on the 8th of december for cambridgeshire as a regular, provided I pass my vetting. Obviusly I had to pass my vetting for NYP which was less than 6 months ago. Does this meen that I will defo pass vetting for Cambridgeshire? Reason Im worried about it is I need to hand in my notice before the end of next week to have given the 4 weeks notice and I dont want to hand it in and then fail my vetting! and be jobless! Cheers, sam

    • 4 replies
    • 698 views
  3. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hello Im asking this question on behalf of a freind who is an IT teacher applying for Durham Constabulary but cant seem to be bothered to turn on his computer and look for himself!! He has his initial telephone interview in 2 weeks and what is he too expect? I didnt have this kind of assesment during my recruitment process so I dont have a clue. How long does it last? Is it ICF based? Any Other questions worth anticipating? Thanks, Sam

    • 0 replies
    • 236 views
  4. JoDoc
    Started by JoDoc,

    Hi guys, I have applied to Strathclyde police, I had my initial interview on 24th August and was told Id passed, got my letter confirming it, my referees have all replied, but Im starting to panick as I was told by recruiting vetting was taking 4 weeks max, its has now been 8 nearly 9 weeks!! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything like if recruiting are getting a bit backed up now, with all the applications as this is a big recruitment drive year for them!! Maybe theyre just swamped?? Anyone elses vetting take this long? Any suggestions other than be patient?? LOL cheers

    andyvanderpandy
  5. ERANG A LANG
    Started by ERANG A LANG * ,

    Hello everyone, Have had 2 partial lung collapses in the 1 1/2 years and I was wondering if this would effect my application? The first one happened after my wisdom teeth were removed (because apparently anesthetics can cause it) and I needed a tube in my lung for 1 week and I needed 1 month to recover fully. The second time it happened it was because I was working out too much (everyday and I didnt take days off) and I needed a tube again. More info on this page... http://www.mamashealth.com/lung/ate.asp This condition isnt that bad in itself (only shoulder "tightness" and alittle bit of a sharp pain in the effect area, however this goes away in about an hour. Does any…

    • 4 replies
    • 345 views
  6. pctvp
    Started by pctvp * ,

    Hello, brand new to the forum so probably posting in the wrong section and probably asking something that has been covered before......bear with me. I am looking at joining the police soon, I have passed the assessment centre and awaiting force interview. My problem is this: Is 21,500 and then 24,000 after 37wks training the actual top line or is there any extra allowance for things like working unsociable hours, overtime kit allowance, anything at all really. Thing is I have got used to a job that pays a bit more than that and I have to cover my bills and my mortgage. Don't get me wrong, I'm comitted and if I have to tighten my belt for a couple of years then so be it, …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
    Started by Dirt_Monkey_11546620294,

    Having seen the thread about the push pull machine in Glasgow (but not wanting to hijack the thread), does any one know of a similar machine in the northeast of England anywhere (Durham or Newcastle would be best)? Cheers Jason

    • 1 reply
    • 131 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  8. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I managed to find a push pull machine in Glasgow today to practice on. I was pleased to see that I have improved a lot (I failed the push pull a year ago). I have a couple of questions regarding technique. 1. On the push do you have to bring the bar right back to being pressed against your chest before you push? I found it easier if I brought the bar back to a few inches in front of the chest and then pushed. 2. On the pull do you have to pull from your arms being locked so they are completely straight? I found it easier if my elbows were a little bent and then i pulled. 3. How many seconds is it before each push and pull? I think you let the machi…

    • 4 replies
    • 230 views
  9. scrumps
    Started by scrumps,

    Hello! Did anyone on here attend the assessment centre for glos last month? Has anyone had any news, and if not how confident do you feel? Great site by the way! scrumps

    • 5 replies
    • 180 views
  10. rossmunro19821546620279
    Started by rossmunro19821546620279,

    Hi Just received the great news that I have passed the Assessment Centre for Central Scotland Police, and am currently at the Panel Interview Stage. Is anybody else at this stage or has previously done it? Any information would be much appreciated Ross

    • 2 replies
    • 172 views
    rossmunro19821546620279
  11. mk1982
    Started by mk1982,

    Got a phone call about my provisional start date and BCU the other day. Well happy. Then a day later I received another phone call saying unfortunatly they have had to take me off of the course date as vetting have a querie. The deal is I am considering taking out a Debt management plan. Just to keep my finances in order and to be able to continue paying bills and a family. I have a bit of debt which is manageble. Not missed a payment or anything bad like that. Just thought the plan would free up some cash for myself and my misus who has just gone back to work after maternity leave. I sent an email to recruitment to let them know what i was intending to do and they forwa…

    • 5 replies
    • 796 views
  12. KIRSTIE S
    Started by KIRSTIE S,

    Hi all I have an interview for PCSO in 2 weeks, passed the assessment, but after having a general scan on here im worrying a little. I have never been in debt in my life and never been i trouble ever. Im married and the mortgage was mine before i met my husband and its still in my name, i have my own bank account. I learnt all this from when my parents got divorced ( very messy ) However i dont know if any of my family have ever had any finacial problems ?? Will this be a problem do you think if they have ? Any advice please thanks xx

    • 1 reply
    • 268 views
  13. Guest tom_smith_001
    Started by Guest tom_smith_001,

    Does anyone know the answer to this or is it worth calling Met recruitment on Monday? I have £15k on loans / 0% credit cards, Pay about £400 per month. It is manageable on a monthly basis and I do have £4k in savings Anyone know how this would be viewed? Cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 766 views
  14. kearslm
    Started by kearslm,

    does anyone know how much % you need to get on your amths and verbal english multiple choice to pass?? thanks

  15. peterparker
    Started by peterparker,

    Hi all, I'm new to this and my background so far: Attended Met Police event 13th July 2008 at the IBIS Brompton Sent application for 30th July deadline Received application received and receiving our attention on 24th July Phoned today and was told possibly replies coming out in November? However through searching these forum's, I feel I may get rejected. With a messy divorce and taking on my ex-wifes debt, It became impossible to pay existing loans, credit cards etc even though I was working nearly the whole 24 hour spectrum to pay them. I went to a company called Payplan who when you look into their history were apparently set up by Police officers for Police offic…

    • 11 replies
    • 978 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.