Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kimberley_82
    Started by Kimberley_82,

    Hello, Sorry.... I am sure hundreds have asked this before me but......... I figure the best people who would know are those already serving so here goes! Can anyone recommend a good pair of shoes to buy for my Start date later this month? Last thing I want to do i buy ones that Cripple /fall apart or are unacceptable etc, Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanking you :-)

  2. TheBrig

    Anyone had their results from the Met for the week beginning the 13th of October? I had mine on the 16th have been told lots of different things by recruitment, and it's really frustrating! I was told yesterday that there was a systems crash and the results were not available, but if we were successful we would be notified by Friday by post. I was then told that today that we would only hear if successful, and if we failed we could end up waiting a couple more weeks for a fail letter. Also my Day2 might be the week after next and I would then find out next week. Yet someone else who rang up today was told we would all find out by Friday, pass or fail. Just wondering if an…

  3. naomiz
    Started by naomiz,

    This's my first posting on the forum so hello everyone. I've been reading all the comments re fitness tests and SET papers....mine's on 21st September for Strathclyde and I'm now feeling really nervous! I'm practicing maths (my weak subject) and SET papers, but there's only 3 weeks till the big day and I'm having a panic! Just wondered if there's anyone else out there with the same date? Cheers

    • 46 replies
    • 858 views
  4. scottj
    Started by scottj,

    hey all! Just found out i passed my intial interview, recived a letter saying that my final interview will be in the near future, Is there anyone, that can give advise on the final interview, Many thanx scott

    • 17 replies
    • 489 views
  5. Russmizon
    Started by Russmizon,

    I'm sure this is already around somewhere, but after searching the forums and Met website i cannot find the answer. What is the maximum distance you can live from your home station in the Met ?

    • 2 replies
    • 875 views
  6. kearslm
    Started by kearslm,

    i only applied for the pcso role the beg of october with a phone interview, i have since got my application form which i have sent off, i recieved a letter yesterday to say my ac would be the beginning of december. is this quite a fast process or does it normally take longer??

    • 2 replies
    • 271 views
  7. joe_mac
    Started by joe_mac,

    final vetting check, just curious as to what they are actually looking for? is this the credit background check? anybody got any info on this.

    • 1 reply
    • 411 views
  8. kate1982
    Started by kate1982,

    Hi Im due to start on monday with Essex Police!! anybody know whats going to happen on the day?? do we have te fitness test straight away? im so worried i going to fail, although i have been training i just passed before as i cant seem to run fast. Anybody know if i fail do i get another go or is that it?? Anybody else starting on this date either??? Kate

  9. GUD
    Started by GUD,

    Hello all, My Name is Steve i moved to the uk from australia and id like to join the westmidlands police i can't express this enoigh but im so jealous of all you allready in the police and those who are starting. My biggest fear is not getting in i have to wait 3 years to apply anyway id love to make new friends here take care all.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    has anyone out there got their assessment with gmp on the 26th nov 12.45 pm ??

  11. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I've been following this site (and many others) for some time now, and most people I've seen have passed the A/C with 50% +, I have never (yet) seen anyone get below 50%, would you have to do a real bad, and I mean bad job in the A/C to get -50%? or can the simplest mistake on 'RRD' cause -50%? Random Q I know.

  12. Kimberley_82
    Started by Kimberley_82,

    Hello! Is anyone applying for Merseyside Police? Any one starting on the 24th November??

  13. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi all Just wondering if anyone Knows what the west midlands police do for the eye test, do you have to go to your optician of do they do a test on the day of you medical. Thanks again

    • 2 replies
    • 195 views
  14. andy_w
    Started by andy_w,

    Hi Guys, I had an experience at the weekend at work and wondered if you guys think it could be used in my interview at my a/c next week under the RRD question. Basically I had a customer at work which is a large car dealership his car had a problem and we were unable to fix it due to the parts being on backorder. When dealing with this customer he expected to be treated differently to our other customers due to his position in society I guess, he kept saying 'you wouldn't say that if you knew who I was' and 'if you knew who I was you would get this sorted'. I understand he was upset his car wasn't fixed but there are certain procedures that mean we could not give him a …

  15. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    There are plenty of threads about people suffering with short sight, and obviously requiring surgery to get into the Police. Just wondered if there were many people here, or you know of, who have had similar stories, but are long sighted, as opposed to short? I only ask, as I know it is different to correct long sightedness, than it is for short, plus it is a different condition itself. Any information/experiences etc would be helpful. Also if anyone has had dealings with the way in which they conduct the sight test for Lancashire and GMP, please PM me about them. I know some forces use opticians forms, other test on the day. Lastly, can someone clarify the wording …

    • 4 replies
    • 307 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.