Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hey! Just seeing if there are any others who have applied to Suffolk. I have been through most of the recruitment process now, just the medical to go, which is on the 18th November, with a possible start date of the 5th January 09. It'd be great to speak anyone else who is also applying. Tori
-
- 8 replies
- 665 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Hiya people I passed my initial interview and got a letter bout 5 weeks ago saying that my background checks are getting done. I recieved a call the other day asking me to go in for interview. I got excited n said my final interview? they said no they just want to go over a few things in my application. they said that they would normally do this at the home visit, but as they dont do that anymore, they need me to go in. Has this happened to anyone else? im bricking it incase ive ususpectingly left something out on my application but i cant think of anything. I hope it goes ok anyway cos id be gutted getting this far but not getting to final inteview. snoopy
-
Yes i'm impatient! but was just wandering how long people had to wait to get a confrimation letter/email of received application (if at all) to the met? i know they must be bogged under right now ta
-
- 18 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
At this very moment I have the biggest smile on my face ever! Got my a/c results about 10 minutes ago and in it it had the glorious words 'success at the Assessment Centre'. Got 65% overall. With 67% for RRD, 100% for Oral Communication and 78% Written Communication. Bring on the long wait for vetting!
-
- 14 replies
- 479 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had my assessment centre on the 29th Oct and I'm not getting my hopes up about passing. I didn't come out of it thinking that anything went terribly, but it all felt a bit average and I'm worried I wasn't firm enough on the Race&Diversity role play. Anyway, now I see that the same force are recruiting for PCSO's with the closing date for apps the 13th November. This would leave me enough time to apply, but I doubt i'll have found out my fate for the Assessment Centre. Would applying whilst still in the original process be totally against the rules?
-
How long is the fitness test? Just wondering because iv'e got it tommorow night and i hope it doesn't involve lots of standing around and waiting, really want to get it over and done with. If the bleep test is before the dyno machine then i'm going to drop out at an earlier stage of the bleep test than i could do, so i can still have plenty of strength for the push/pull.
-
Hi, this may sound pathetic but is it ok to wear jeans to and from the fitness test/medical tomorrow and get changed there? We are obviously not expected to dress smartly are we? Also, any idea what I can expect for the medical??
-
Hi, anyone have any advice on how to treat a sprained ankle? I have my fitness test coming up soon and if i am still injured what should i do? Should run on the sprained ankle or sit out?
-
Hi all Ive just passed the assessment centre and am now currently at the vetting stage. Do the police do any sort of check at the application stage, it seems like a waste of everyones time to leave any checks until youve filled in the application form ,and passed the assessment centre. thanks again
-
hey guys, finally got back online! Anyone else got their medical on 3rd Nov? Do you arrive suited up or in sportswear?
-
Just wondering why there is nothing (that i can find) on the forum advising what actually happens during the medical. The fitness test is discussed to death yet there is hardly anything on the medical test. I understand with the fitness test you have to prepare yourself as opposed to the medical which (in most cases) you cannot train for. Ive read their is a breathing exercise ??? to get your pulse or something? Anyone who has had the medical can you please advise of what you experienced and how you felt it went, how long it took, what you were asked to do etc etc cheers
-
I can re-apply in February '09 and know it is taking about 12 weeks to find out if you have passed / failed the sift and basic vetting. Does anyone know when the a/centres are scheduled for next year? Applications are going to close in August so I am hoping that between the March '09 batch of a/centres and the closing date of August that there are a few more. Any ideas? Are the a/centres weeks being held every 12 or so weeks, which would tally with the cycle of sifting? Good luck to all who have the centres coming up! Also, to any new recruits reading this - how long has it taken from passing the a/centre to starting on an intake? cheers all!
-
Does anyone know how long it is before you get your warrant card, so you can have free train travel?
-
hi, got my medical date through which is 24th of November cannot wait! anyone who has already dont the medical with essex what happens exactly? just curious as to what happens as heard every force varies a little. cheers