Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi there, on successfully passing my application and assessment centre stages of the recruitment process for North Wales police, I am about to go thorugh my security and background checks. My question is with regards to sickness. During my time with my previous employer my aunty committed suicide, we were extremely close, she was more like a mo0ther to me. This caused me to take some days off sick, not a lengthy amount of time, but the odd day off here and there. With my current employer, I have also had about 4 days sick in the last 12 months due to a log burner being installed incorrectly in my house and me getting carbon monoxide poisoning!!! (my current employer has t…

  2. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    Hi Just wondering in what order you do the fitness test. and also do you get any rest between the push/pull and bleep test thanks ryan

  3. Nikki
    Started by Nikki,

    Hiya, I would like to sneek on here before the moderator changes me onto another page. I know this page is for the serious stuff like recruitment and stuff but I would just like to say hi to the Police who works for the Lancashire area. (Sorry Moderator) So hi there ha ha

  4. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    A couple of people have mentioned my score is quite high. What is the highest anyone has seen or heard of?

  5. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    Hey! I'm in week 12 of my training and have got my Traffic day tomorrow whereby we'll be pulling vehicles on a main road for driving offences etc. This is my first time let loose on the public! Does anyone have any tips for me?? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 542 views
  6. jameslin27
    Started by jameslin27,

    HI GUYS,' 2 questions really!, 1. do you have to fill in all the vetting forms and other literature that they sent out with day 1 interview? 2. anyone attending day 1 19th nov met police. many thanks ps im well nervous but also excited really need to pass to get out of my dead end job and make something of myself

  7. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    I am due to get my AC results this friday. I had a call today from recruitment because they wanted to know all my mothers names. I rang them back and told them my mothers maiden name. She said that was fine it was just because my vetting came back and I had forgotten to put my mothers maiden name and so she wanted to check. Should I take this as a sign that I am likely to have passed because they are going through the hassle of sorting out my references and stuff or just ignore it and stop hoping?

    • 6 replies
    • 229 views
  8. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hey evryone, i know theres a pinned section for vetting, but does anyone know exactly what they look for, also is there a possibllity that a member of your families past can trip you up?

    • 4 replies
    • 564 views
  9. kate1982
    Started by kate1982,

    Hi Any body know if you fail the fitness at the start of your training what happens??????????????

    • 1 reply
    • 641 views
  10. Spam
    Started by Spam,

    Hi I am going to apply for the Met. This will be the third attempt at the getting into the Police Force. I was rejected once at application form and once at assessment centre but I was 18/19 at the time. Since then my financial status has got progressively worse and as it stand I have around £5000 in debt and overdue credit cards. Things won't get any easier until the new year when I should be able to bring the credit cards back to their limits but at present they are not. Either way what I am worried about is the financial checks during the recruitment process. I know I can sort myself out with time but at present the amount of money I get paid in turn with livin…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Hi this for everyone wanting to join West Midlands Police as a constable. I am 4 weeks from finishing now, but i went with the mrs to the NEC at the weekend and WMP were there, they are re-opening the application process again 5th January 2009, just to let you know.

    • 0 replies
    • 464 views
    david_kingscott
  12. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    I am due to get my AC results this friday. I had a call today from recruitment because they wanted to know all my mothers names. I rang them back and told them my mothers maiden name. She said that was fine it was just because my vetting came back and I had forgotten to put my mothers maiden name and so she wanted to check. Should I take this as a sign that I am likely to have passed because they are going through the hassle of sorting out my references and stuff or just ignore it and stop hoping?

    • 0 replies
    • 349 views
  13. mike pitt
    Started by mike pitt,

    Hi Guys I've been working on my application form for some time now but I'm struggling on the competency based questions. I'm hoping that somebody could offer me some advice please. For two of the questions i cant think of anything at all. Did you find this the case too and how did you overcome that? I just don't think I can prove the necessary experience. Anybody else have this trouble too? Any help would be great. Mike

    • 6 replies
    • 3.9k views
  14. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    I went to a gym today to practice on the dyno machine they have there. I was awful. I am pretty fit and do half marathons but, I know I am not the strongest of persons. I am quite small 5'3. I have been doing free weights/body pump at the gym but obviously not enough. I pulled an average of 30 and pushed an average of 33. I have my fitness test in the next week - I don't know what to do, I don't want to fail on the day - can I call up and postpone it do you think? So angry with myself.

  15. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    Before joining the Royal Navy in 2004, I went from one dead-end job to the next with various bouts of unemployment. Under the past employment section on the application form, I may put down some wrong dates for some of the jobs as my memory was a bit vague. Has anyone else been in a similar predicament? And what was the outcome?

    • 7 replies
    • 875 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.