Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi1 did anyone else manage to jump into the little GMP window? I don’t know how many times they recruit each year, but it seems they take their time about it on occasions. Also – does your score affect how fast they take you on? I’ve noticed that some people seem to get in over the period of 9 months, others a couple of years!

  2. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Just wondering, I'm looking at maybe applying o be a special if this application doesn't go through.. do specials get expenses etc???

  3. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    PASSED!!! 78%!!! 90% Respect for Race & Diversity 100% oral Communication 100% Written Communication A BIG thank you to the in2police team for their help. Good luck to the rest!

  4. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all, I was just wondering who here has applied to join Norfolk. It would be good to be in touch! Cheers, Matthew

    • 10 replies
    • 784 views
  5. nomes
    Started by nomes,

    Hi all I'm currently filling out my application form and I need some help. Why in the middle of the night you may think, well the only free time I have is when my two pre-schoolers are in bed. Anyway back to the problem... My husband has got a criminal record from years ago and I'm not sure exactly where to put this information on the form or if I actually need to at this stage. Do you think I would need to state something under the following question: Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this led to any prosecution) or been associated with criminals? If YES, please give details Or do you think that it …

  6. aubz
    Started by aubz,

    hi there how does the station you work at come about? do you get a choice, or are you assigned? I would really like to work at heathrow- is that one of the options? when do you get to know ? thanks guys'n'gals

  7. GAB1
    Started by GAB1 * ,

    Hi everyone, i have my final interview for strathclyde tommorow, anyone got any last minute hints or tips? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 158 views
  8. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    i know all forces are different, but what is the actual process of recruitment, i.e the dreaded vetting stage, i have done all that is required of me just passed the medical last week, but having read and re-read threads i just cant understand when the vetting and background checks are done, are they at the end of the process i.e after the medical stage or as it states on their website. http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/recruitv2.ns...0A?OpenDocument i suppose it may be an on going thing but if someone fails on credit checks with serious debt wouldn't it be advantageous to this at the beginning as the credit files is relativley cheap and would save time for the recruitment…

    • 3 replies
    • 517 views
  9. gazza123
    Started by gazza123,

    hello, just wondering if any one could give me any helpfull advice i have my initial interview tomoro one question i may be asked is "tell us what u know about the police training college?" i dont know if its just last inute nerves and me trying to over think everything but i am struggling to find appropriat things to talk about cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 166 views
  10. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    I have received my offer letter today with a start date of 8th December, which is great. However, the letter stated that although my local security checks have completed, the offer is subject to completion of Final Security checks, which are still ongoing. I am a bit confused, as I thought that all security/background checks are completed by this stage. Does anyone know what information is checked on these final checks? Just a bit worried, as I don't want to hand in my notice, only for a problem to emerge (not that I think there is anything detrimental on my record). I have heard a couple of examples were people have handed in their notice, only to have their offer…

    • 3 replies
    • 597 views
  11. amyg84
    Started by amyg84,

    Hi everyone, To those who have a start day or have a date for their day 2, how long did it take for you to hear whether you had passed your day 1? I had mine on the 14th October and they said if we passed our day 2 would be on the 3rd November - which is less than a week away! I feel like I'm waiting for exam results again, and rushing home everyday for the post! Lol!

    • 3 replies
    • 425 views
  12. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    the push/pull element of the physical test....how hard is it? ive heard lots about the bleep test and what it is like and how easy it is but very vague info about the push and pull test. do u need to be able to bench press weights etc to be able to do it as im not a huge bench press person. neither am i a person who can knock out 30 push ups at the most 15 but does that mean i wont be able to push with a force of 35kg???? advice and tips welcome thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 304 views
  13. Dean L
    Started by Dean L,

    Hello guys & gals, fantastic forum I have been finding it very useful I just have a question about the application, a little while back me and a friend got arrested for a drunken disorderly offence, while at the station I cleared my name and received a Informal caution. The application form requests you list all convictions and formal cautions does this mean I am right not to mention anything about the informal caution I received that night? Any views on the subject will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Dean.

  14. Ryobi
    Started by Ryobi,

    Hi all Has anyone used the services of http://www.talkingblues.co.uk/ cheers

  15. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    hello all, my brother told me that when he was doing his SETS that ethnic minorities were asked to come out of the room, however, they did all come back in for the tests but just wondering why they were asked to come out in the first place? thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.