Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pengu
    Started by Pengu,

    Had my fitness test with Essex Police today.. and I've passed! Woohooo!!! After giving it ago on Tuesday at the pre-test, I really thought I'd fail it.. I was even considering changing the date.. So glad I didn't now!.. I was allowed to go in with the first group of the day as I was 2 hours early

  2. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Just been talikng to a person who applied to the police a year ago an he said that he was rejected in his final interview, because of his ethnic origin. They told him the quota was full, i would like to know is their any truth to this? It scares me that i my fall at the final hurdle through no fault of my own.

    • 10 replies
    • 569 views
  3. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    Anyone applied to the MET recently? I applied with the application closing date of 30th July 2008. Just wondered if anyone else was in the same 'Group'? Also anyone recently just started their training? Does the training consist of 5 weeks at Hendon (Monday to Friday) so that you can go home in the evenings and then the final 26 weeks on Borough? Is this 26 weeks a mixture of out on patrol and classroom based? Thanks Lee

  4. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi Ive just finished and submitted my form for Northumbria Police force has anyone applied and had there answer back?? and how long did it take??

    • 11 replies
    • 964 views
  5. SJR251
    Started by SJR251,

    Hi All First time poster long time stalker of the forum. Just wondering who is in the same boat as me: Applied in June 2007 A/c in December 2007 Fitness in Feb 2008 Medical October 2008 All passed. So how long does the vetting etc take now? Really wanting to give that letter of notice in and start training. Read in the Essex newsletter that they are recruiting 100 officers for starting in December. What do you thing the likelyhood is of me being in this intake? Anyone else in the same boat?

  6. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Well, just finished my AC. Wow. Did great on everything except one interview question which was a curveball and one roleplay. Fingers crossed now.

  7. citytaz
    Started by citytaz,

    Hi guys, A question which i hope people can help me with! How many character references do the west mids require at the vetting stage? when i sent my application off, they ask you to provide two. they have already been contacted and was sorted out over 2 months ago. However i keep seeing on the forum that people who are applying for west mids are being contacted for 2 character references towards the end of their vetting stage. if this is the case then i should have finished my vetting ages ago! Also does anyone have anymore info the current waiting time? i applied back in september, had my ass center in feb and im still waiting for a medical! please help!

    • 1 reply
    • 304 views
  8. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    as the title suggests, which are the best boroughs to work for?

  9. mandapanda
    Started by mandapanda,

    Could anyone please tell me what the best site is to do some research on GMP, im just trying to prepare incase i am successful in getting to the assessment centre. Thanks Manda x

    • 3 replies
    • 176 views
  10. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    i have just passed the medical for gmp, the vetting now begins, if you ask me this should be done at the beginning not at the end i have no convictions but do have a few arrears and defaults had a bad time of it earlier this year things now looking better, would this effect as everyone fals upon hard times now and then, shouldnt be judged by it though,especially by a force such as the police.

  11. Marsden1546620278
    Started by Marsden1546620278,

    Hi guys, Don't know if this has been done recently. Was just interested to see what stage everyone is at with WMP and how long it has taken them to get that far. Any time scales from people that have just started training would be wicked as well. I applied back in feb and have been put on the reserve list for the AC in late November. Cheers guys, Marsden

    • 3 replies
    • 327 views
  12. stemma6
    Started by stemma6,

    Hi, Really interested in buying these, but don't really want to pay £70. Would anyone like to sell theirs?????

    • 0 replies
    • 327 views
  13. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi I've been looking on here for a long time but actually never posted anything until now. I've applied for Met police, the closing date was 6th October. I received a letter from them today saying they have received my application and it is currently receiving attention, but also in the letter was a candidate registration form they want me to complete so they can process my day 1 assessment centre. I was wondering if anyone else has received one of these forms and I should I take this as a positive thing that hopefully I've passed the paper sift or is it just a standard thing, when I applied for Essex 4 years ago I didn't get a form like this, just a standard letter s…

  14. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, I'm nearly at the end of the recruitment stage now with my medical on the 4th November and my final fitness test shortly after all being well. I have received some forms with one asking if I require single quarters living accommodation. As I'm moving from Lincoln to West Midlands I will require accommodation. My questions are: How long will I be entitled to Police quarters? How much does it cost to stop in them? What sort of accommodation is it: Flat/House share etc? I eventually plan to rent/buy a place but temporary police accommodation would be great through basic training so I can find my feet and hopefully make friends with people in the same situation! T…

  15. paulv
    Started by paulv,

    Hey I was just wondering if anyone else is joining Bedfordshire Police on the 8th December 2008? I can't wait, although finding a place to live is proving harder than expected!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.