Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. The Peds
    Started by The Peds,

    Hi folks A big THANKS to everyone who has offered advice and opinions over the last few months. Passed my final yesterday, start in January. You folks made it a whole lot easier, and less scary, so again thank you, much appreciated. :smiley_notworthy: Cheers Pedro

  2. paul_btp_2008
    Started by paul_btp_2008,

    Well, after 2 and a half years, finally got the call today to say I have passed vetting and got my start date for next month!!!! A big thank you is owed to this website and its users! Leading up to my assessment centre date, the info I got from this website was invaluable. Same for info on the medical and fitness. Good luck to everyone still in the process! Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 438 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  3. Neverix
    Started by Neverix,

    If the pass rate is 60% for the assessment centre then you wont have a final interview after the medical and fitness like the Met. Can anyone confirm this? If so, once you finish the medical and fitness and pass the vetting stage which I assume is straight after that, is that when you get your start date confirmation?

    • 2 replies
    • 172 views
    Tim in the South
  4. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Hiya guys, Good news for me I have just passed my final interview for Leicestershire constabulary feeling so close now but, still so far away lol. Cant believe I passed was so nervous and to be honest didnt think I would pass as the person before me failed and of course that put me on edge. The fact I had a broken nose and stitches all over my face did not help my confidence level but, then that is part of my current job. Just waiting for medical and fitness now so training hard nearly every day. GOOD LUCK to everyone still going in the process and I will keep you updated on how I get on. SARA xxxx

  5. Ontheway**
    Started by Ontheway**,

    I'm attending the assessment centre soon and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the roleplays & how to structure the interview as 5 minutes is along time to talk on one subject. I've looked on Police Could You website and went through the various tests and wondered if these are to the same standard as the assessment centre? I hope they are as they seem pretty straight forward. Ontheway**2008-09-04 09:11:59

  6. lola
    Started by lola,

    Hey, Did anyone out there pass the June 08 A/C for Northubria Police? If so how are you getting on in the application process? Do they do the security checks before you get a medical date?

  7. 0550bravo
    Started by 0550bravo,

    Hey, I have applied to become a police constable, I passed and I'm due to start training in a couple of weeks (that's the good news)... However, one of parents has announced they intend to buy into a public house and effectively become the 'landlord'; is this a conflict of interest and could it affect my future as a PC? Many thanks for any help on this one.... Dave

  8. iainallison1
    Started by iainallison1 * ,

    Hey everyone! Recently had Inital interview with Strathclyde, passed!!! Now going through Vetting stage. Does anyone have any info / advice for final interview. Thanks very much Iain

    • 1 reply
    • 129 views
  9. Copperhead
    Started by Copperhead,

    Hello all! Passed my fitness just over ( or around ) 3mths ago, and know that a wave of applicants was sent to Ryton during September, but myself and others who attended the aforementioned Fitness Test were told that we would most likely be sent to Ryton in November or December...now, do I call them within the next 2 weeks to inquire abouts dates or do I remain patient and wait for a date by post? Thank you! K

    • 1 reply
    • 519 views
  10. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    Can anyone tell me anything about Norfolk? Good training, pros cons etc...Any info would be helpful. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
    blondiewannabepc
  11. alivo
    Started by alivo * ,

    Hey just wondering if many people managed to catch the short recruitment period for west yorkshire police between 19th September - 26th September? Also wondering why it was so short a friend of mine had about 3 months to get his application in for GMP. So is there any reason why the recruitment period was so short or is this quite normal for some constabularies? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 611 views
  12. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THE PUSH AND PULL AND I READ ALL THESE POST BUT MY MIND IS STILL NOT AT EASE I AM NOT THE BIGGEST BLOKE AT ALL FAR FROM IT

  13. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Hi all Did my assessment today, and it was all going alright, until the 3rd role play when i mistook who i was meeting. I got so worked up in the prep phase about RFRD, i made a mistake on who i was meeting(STUPID T##T.)It was really embarassing and i took me 30 seconds to realise who i was speaking to. after that it was ok and i managed quite well. does anyone know what competency that would be marked against as the role play hadnt really started. Thanks again

    • 5 replies
    • 445 views
  14. owen85
    Started by owen85,

    Anyone else got their assessment day on the 30th Oct??

    • 2 replies
    • 123 views
  15. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    On my application form I didn't declare any traveling I have done in the past but from reading on this forum it seems that might be a problem with vetting. My traveling consists of 2006 - 3 months in New York working in a beach club. 2007 - 1 month backpacking across Europe 2008 - 2 months backpacking USA. During all 3 trips I still had a home address, first 2 were done during the summer holidays of university. Last trip is the confusing part, I left my rented accommodation and moved all my stuff back down to my parents. I then stayed with my girlfriend for a couple of weeks, before going traveling, and returned to live back at parents address. On my application …

    • 1 reply
    • 332 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.