Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. iorddonen
    Started by iorddonen,

    Hello, Every time I’ve come on here over the last couple of weeks all I seem to read about is people failing their interviews or some other sort of bad news. Just wanted to hear some possitive thought and maybe, just maybe peoples good news. Need some positive mental attitude after my 2nd interview with Kent police yesterday. Bring on the good news people :-) J

    • 1 reply
    • 146 views
  2. al-zp
    Started by al-zp,

    Hi Everyone waiting to do there day 2 i've posted this as there seems to be alot of confusion about the push/pull test and how to ensure you pass, i am currently a personal trainer and have also completed my day 2. The test- although they call it a 'strength' test it's actually more of a power test i.e how quickly you can accelarate the bar away from you (push) or pull towards you (pull). the machine is very similar to a rowing machine. To score highly you need drive the bar as hard and FAST as you can. the more speed you attempt to apply the higher the resistence on the bar, so to use an analogy, think of a bath of water if you run your hand through the water very sl…

  3. christ0on
    Started by christ0on,

    Hi all anyone coming to the A/C on the 22nd Oct if so anything you worried about?

  4. Bluesky1546620266
    Started by Bluesky1546620266,

    I don't know if anyone has had surgery before they applied but I wondered if it affected them at the medical stage of the application process. I had keyhole surgery on the cartilage in my knee about 2 years ago and I can train and use it as new. My joints have always clicked a bit even when I was younger, but again none of this has ever caused me any discomfort or fitness/useage issues except the time leading up to the op which is the reason why I had it. They removed 20% of the miniscus cartilage in one of my knees with minor surgery and I have had no problems with it since the operation - It would be useful to know if this is likely to adversly affect my applicatio…

    Bluesky1546620266
  5. shalbert
    Started by shalbert,

    Hi all, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but you know how it is when you get lots of questions in your head that you want answered. I have my start date on the 27th and have received a pack of paperwork through, so far so good. I know I need to buy some boots but is there any recompense for this or is it out of our own pockets? Also, as I will be travelling to Durham quite often during my initial training, do you get anything towards fuel / transport costs? (Its an 80 mile round trip for me) Cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 995 views
  6. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Hey everyone, Im not very familiar with writing proposals, so im really hoping you guys could give me some much needed advice. Basically, where do I start when writing a proposal? How should it be set out (what needs to be included)? Should I be suggesting a solution or making decisions? Am I able to use bullet points? How do I finish the proposal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 223 views
  7. Neverix
    Started by Neverix,

    Hi I am quite new to this forum. I just went in for my Assessment yesterday at Hendon (Peel Centre) and got a couple of questions. I understand that during the whole process you are given grades from A-D. A= 3 B=2 C= 1 and D= 0 no points! Now I feel I did pretty bad on the numerical maths test coz i didnt have enough time, but I think I made up for it in the report and probably on the logic test. However, I feel that I did bad on my first role play, which concerns the Race and diversity thing. (didnt do too bad on the other 3 role plays, just did better and better). However my question is for who has any idea, If I got a D grade on 1 role play from Race and diversity,…

    • 7 replies
    • 345 views
  8. westmidlands
    Started by westmidlands * ,

    I would like to apply for the Police however, I am still in the process of clearing my Debts, will this stop me from applying?

    • 2 replies
    • 318 views
  9. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Just waiting for my letter inviting me to a GMP fitness test, but where is it? I know it isnt at sedgley so is it at claytonbrook? If so how easy is it to get to using public transport from the city centre? Is it on the metrolink network?

    • 19 replies
    • 2k views
  10. shrapnel
    Started by shrapnel * ,

    Hi All, Can someone please tell me if the endurance shuttle run for TVP is 15m or 20m long. I've had contradicting information for a few different sources and would appreciate your input. I've been training on obtaining level 6 on the 20m version twice in a row but now I fear it's the wrong one? I received a phone call today inviting me to my fitness test on Monday 3rd of November. I'm looking forward to it but would like to be fully prepared. Thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 527 views
  11. Stuk
    Started by Stuk,

    I thought I would post my experience of the push pull test - I hope it helps someone..... The test is done very quickly and if you don't pay 100% attention to the demonstration you could become a cropper like me! In 20/20 hind sight I wish I had done the following - Please correct me if you know any different.... When pushing press your back hard against the upright and start pushing with your elbows at 90 degrees and stop when your elbows lock out DO NOT PUSH PAST THIS POINT BY LEANING FORWARD. When pulling press your chest against the upright and start with your arms slightly bent and jerk the bar back as hard as you can LEVER YOURSELF AGAINST THE UPRIGHT DO NOT LEA…

    • 34 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. ajf
    Started by ajf * ,

    I am new to this forum so please let me apologise in the first instance if this subject has been posted elsewhere. I am 41 and looking to join the Met Police at the next recruitment drive. I snapped my ACL when I was 18 and had non reconstructive surgery then to tidy up the meniscus (tear left untreated). In 2007 I had further key hole surgery to tidy up the meniscus. Following on from the MRI, the OS was not keen on reconstruction as he believes the stability is very good. My question is would I fail the medical? I have spoken with the Met's Medical Department, but they have never had someone through like this (so I was told). I can run and spint in the gym with no is…

    • 1 reply
    • 148 views
  13. MissHunter
    Started by MissHunter * ,

    Hi, This might be a silly question so apologies in advance! My closest friend works on cruise ships so is out of the country for up to 6 months at a time but does have a permanent address at her parents house. When completing 'associates' on the application form, do I give her permanent address and note her career (to highlight the fact that she is out of the country so much)? I guess I'm basically asking if this poses any issue? I don't want to leave out anyone who I associate with regularly. Many thanks for any help!

    • 1 reply
    • 251 views
  14. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    Are the questions you are asked at interview similar to those that are asked on the application form? thanks. hassall24062008-10-12 15:19:08

    NeeNaw1545925537
  15. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Hi Folks, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me which parts of the force in Scotland have been centralised? It was given to us as a possible topic that might come up through the recruitment process. If anyone could post any help I'd be extremely grateful.

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.