Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    nobody may know the answer to my question but you may have an informed opinion. Again the credit crisis shows no light at the end of the tunnel and after listening to the news on the way to work I heard that Northumbria Police has lost £3.5million by the collaps of banks in Iceland. I am still in the midst of the application process and have yet to complete my fitness test, I was wondering how this will effect the new recuits like myself as well as serving officers? Is it part of their budget which has been lost? Is this £3.5million consider alot in the scheme of things (I dont mean country wide I mean specific to Northumbria police budget)? Will it effect the pu…

    • 1 reply
    • 305 views
  2. Jsmith1546620313
    Started by Jsmith1546620313 * ,

    I applied about 16 months ago to become a full P/O with the Leicestershire force. I got knocked back at the application stage. After this and until now, ive kinda put it to the back of my mind. But always knowing that working in the force was something I want to do. I know and have heard its very hard to get into. Is it best to apply to become a PCSO, maybe gain some experience in this for say 12 months, then try and apply to become a Police Officer? Would I have to apply at the open Seminars or is it something you can apply with at your headquarters (while I was a PCSO. Also, to become a PCSO, do I need to go to a seminar? And finally, is it just as hard/tough to…

    • 1 reply
    • 491 views
  3. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Hi all I have a few questions if I may. I live in Colchester and have been used to doing long shifts in my current job. What boroughs do 12 hour shifts and is it 4 on and 4 off? Also could anyone please share with me what they take home pay wise for the first 6 months and then the next 18 months. Money is not everything but I need to know that I can live! JOHN

  4. Fury
    Started by Fury,

    Had my medical for wyp last week so will get results this week( should be ok ) Then just employers reference required . Nearly 2 years of stress and worry coming to an end, if my boss doesn't blow a gasket and gives me a reference then i should be on the 3rd November intake. At last. Anyone else starting in November? Fury

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I am reliably informed the next D & C intakes are January and March, so I would expect anyone on the 11 Oct AC will be on the March intake, if they pass of course!

    • 5 replies
    • 153 views
  6. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi Everybody, I had my interviwe with Strathclyde in July 08,and passed the inerview and was told the vetting will take 4 weeks but it is more than 2 months now and i starting to get worry. I had spoken to recruitment but they had no info either, Kept saying the vetting dep has not notify them and they cant do much.They obtained the references and the people i put down on my form already responded to the references but no news yet! What should i do? Does it take that long or there is any thing wrong! Well there is nothing i am aware of.

    • 13 replies
    • 316 views
  7. Dazz1546620231
    Started by Dazz1546620231,

    I passed fitness.......9.9 bleep test ,73 pull, 71 push :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy:

    • 7 replies
    • 167 views
    Dazz1546620231
  8. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Hi has anyone been in this position that they failed the first fitness test and had to resit after 6 weeks with Strathclyde, what I am asking whats the format of the day, as previously you turned up to sit the SET tests then the fitness. Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 266 views
    Liam_E1546619998
  9. manxman
    Started by manxman,

    Is there anybody around with their assessment day on the eighth of October?

  10. PCSI
    Started by PCSI,

    Hi Soon to start training at Hendon for PC and was hoping someone could answer my question, as what I've heard so far have all been different. After the initial 5 weeks at Hendon you start training on borough, how long is it until you hit the streets with your tutor? I was on a ride along in Lewisham a few months back and there were several officers in training riding around and making arrests and getting stuck in, obviously mixing this with classroom lessons. Cheers

  11. abi1546620296
    Started by abi1546620296,

    hi...i join in november, 10th. starting to get a bit nervous as not entirely sure what to expect during my first 2wks. anyone any words of wisdom?

    • 3 replies
    • 717 views
  12. joe_mac
    Started by joe_mac,

    Hi guys just wonder if anyone can give me last minute advise on my final interview next week.

    • 3 replies
    • 459 views
  13. timmac
    Started by timmac,

    Hi, Has anyone any recent experience of transferring to nottinghamshire as a PC? I sent off my application a few weeks ago now, and still waitng to hear something. I rung them, and they've confirmed receiving it. What is covered in the interview? Local policies, demographics, etc? Thanks for any help.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    Hi, im looking into joining the MET however theres very little information on what tests they have, im about 5ft 8 very athletic etc, so just wanted to know what tests there where, also does anyone know what time in the year the recruitment days are :) Thanks, Josh

    • 4 replies
    • 611 views
  15. willz90

    Hello I was just intrested if anyone knows the percentages for each section of the assesment day? I currently know role play is 50% what are the rest Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 342 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.