Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hello. I have 3 books to give away to 3 lucky people! They helped to put me in good stead for my successful a/c with the MET a few months ago, helping me to pass. The titles are as follows; 1) How to Pass the New Police Selection System - Toley, Hodge & Tolley 2) The Police Selecion Process - Ian Hutchinson 3) Succeed at Psychometric Testing (The National Police Selection Process) To help as may people as possible, I will send 1 book at random to each of the first 3 Personal Message replies that I receive, so write a nice email as to why it should be u! All the best, Paul P.S In anticipation of a flood of PM's, i'll only reply to the 3 people whom ill be se…

    • 3 replies
    • 156 views
  2. mattboniface
    Started by mattboniface,

    Just found this for 15 metre bleep test. Free audio download for the short course. http://www.southyorks.police.uk/careers/re...t/BleepTest.zip Hope it's useful

  3. lee-c
    Started by lee-c,

    Hi all, I have forgotten to put down a traffic convition(TS10)( Failing to stop at light, about 3 years ago) on my app. found out today i passed AC. I do remember at the open day being told that any traffic conviction or sickness history that was not stated on the app must be disclosed at the vetting stage and will be ok. Any ideas on this? thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 707 views
  4. chris2507
    Started by chris2507,

    Im very annoyed about Patrol store. Id took advice from people on the net that they where a good company, I ordered the how 2 become a police officer cd rom, its advertised on the site that you get 2 extra free CD's one being the 15m bleep test, when my cd rom arrived theres no free cds so i contacted the store to be told "oh thats an error were changing it, and its on the cd rom anyway" ??? WTF! false advertising or what? Im very anoyed as this was the main selling point for me as I wanted to go the gym and try myself at the bleep test and log my results on the chart that was also ment to be supplied.

  5. zackster
    Started by zackster,

    anyone had them yet?

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  6. mark p
    Started by mark p,

    Had the news back this morning i didnt want to hear. Managed to get enough to pass, but failed altogether, due to only scoring 48% in race and diversity( pass mark 50%) Was a little stunned due to getting 3b grades and 4c grades in that area.( no d grades) Anyone else heard?

  7. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    What is it? All police forces in England and Wales now use the Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIR, or PIRT) as part of their recruitment process for police officers. Tests are often used when people apply for jobs, and that includes jobs in the police service! They help forces to identify if someone has the skills needed to do the job. The results of the tests are taken into account together with other important information about applicants. The Police Initial Recruitment (PIR) test consists of four separately timed sub-tests each designed to measure a different ability. These are: The ability to spell words and construct sentences correctly. The ability to check…

    • 2 replies
    • 47k views
  8. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi. Just wondering if anyone else here is attending the Fitness assessment in Devizes this Wednesday (8th October). Andi

    • 1 reply
    • 91 views
  9. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I am waiting for a fitness date for GMP and was just wondering - when do you hear that you have been successful in the whole application process? Do they write to you (or ring you?) once vetting is completed, even if you then have to wait a while for a start date, or is the first time you hear finally that you have passed when a formal job offer letter is sent to you with a training start date? I am just wondering because my start date (if i get in!) will probably be March or maybe after, but I am hoping my vetting etc will be done before xmas, and it would be nice to relax over the christmas period knowing I am definately in, even if I then have to wait a few months for …

    • 4 replies
    • 729 views
  10. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Hi can anyone answer this 2 family members have asked me this same question, now its got me wondering. '' IF you get throught all the tests and interviews and are successful in gaining a place in Strathclyde Police, when your at Tully, what happens if you dont pass the exams up there? Does that mean you have given up your job for nothing? Also when your accepted and go off to Tully does that mean your a police officer' I was going to phone recruitment but they may think I am an idiot. Therefore looking for help from you chaps.

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  11. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hello I recently passed an AC and am wondering if you get above the 60% pass mark are you more or less guaranteed to move on to the next stage of the application by keeping you in the process until vacancies become available?,or would it come down to the fact that the force you are applying too simply pick the top number of candidates to accomodate the number of vacancies available at present and then deselect the rest? We were told initially that we would need 60% overall to pass but since the assessment the number of vacancies available have been cut so im hoping the force will still keep people in the pipeline ready for future intakes? (I just passed with 65%,so ever…

    • 4 replies
    • 751 views
  12. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Does anyone know if you have to do the 1.5 mile run for Northumbria Police. I have looked through lots of internet pages regarding recruitment process but have never heard it mentioned. Thanks in advance..

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. nicz
    Started by nicz,

    Hey everyone! I just had my Initial Interview today for Strathclyde at Jackton and at the end they told me I had passed! yipeee! I presume they will now be starting the background checks and hopefully all that should be fine but I am proper worried about the final now though. I was hoping that some (very lovely and helpful ) people might be able to off me any advice / hints / tips etc. I really learnt a lot from this forum for what to learn for the initial and I obviously nailed it so I was hoping to get some advice for the final. They seem to ask a lot at ur initial and I was just wondering what more can they ask you at your final? Thank you so much for any he…

    • 3 replies
    • 181 views
  14. Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
    Started by Dirt_Monkey_11546620294,

    How important is your BMI in the medical? I understand that this varies from force to force but I am looking at Durham in particular. I am 6ft tall and currently have a BMI of 32, I am quite a large person but not fat and am aware that BMI takes no account of muscle mass. Unless my maths is incorrect (that has been known) I would need to lose nearly a stone and a half to get down to a BMI of 30! Cheers in advance Jase

    • 8 replies
    • 636 views
  15. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    Hey folks Just wondering for people who have had recent interviews and when asked about the division names did you also give the old style letter name? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 139 views
    Liam_E1546619998

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.