Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ksn1503
    Started by ksn1503,

    Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me I am really interested in joining the police force but I dont really know where to start. I am aware you need a very good fitness level and I am doing as much as I can at the moment. I am 18 and went from leaving school straight out to work so I have no one I can ask about it really. I have searched the internet to see how to go about joining but nothing is helping. I have been reading today and it seems like it is a long process to get in to. HEELLLPP please. Thanks

  2. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Apologies, this is probably on here somewhere but am busy at work and can't seem to find it (probably not looking that hard). Does anybody know what happens with the MET training now - I know it is non residential but, it is all based at Hendon or, is it based at the borough you choose? I am hoping it is not Hendon, I live in South London and it will be hell for me to travel there and back for six months... Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. foxy2008
    Started by foxy2008,

    What actually is Community & Customer Focus. What answer and senario are they looking for Struggling with this. Help would be great Thanks all

    • 2 replies
    • 135 views
  4. skippy12
    Started by skippy12 * ,

    Hi Ive recently applied to become PCSO in Surrey, I've got a written assessment coming up and i was wondering if i pass is there a fitness test and if so what is it like? do i need to be super fit or average? Any info would be great, ta :)

    • 1 reply
    • 122 views
    fido1546620302
  5. mark_johnston
    Started by mark_johnston * ,

    I have a date for my set tests for Strathclyde can anyone tell me the process on the day.

    • 1 reply
    • 344 views
  6. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, Title says it really: Can someone please explain how the A/C works? I'm aware of the tests etc one would undergo, but I'm just curious as to how it's marked. For example, if I do well on the Written section, OK on the Numeracy but not so good with the Interview and Role Play, would I still pass? (bare in mind Merseyside A/C is 50%). I think if I was lucky enough to sit the A/C, I would do OK in the Role Play, Interview, good with the Written section but bad in the Numeracy; my maths is awful, I've tried and tried but get nowhere. Anyway, after this blob of text I'm basically asking how they mark it , are there any sections you can do bad/fail in yet do good/pa…

    • 2 replies
    • 651 views
    NeeNaw1545925537
  7. swamposs
    Started by swamposs * ,

    I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice about transfering my application. I've been accepted into Lincolnshire police force as a PC, after 2 years as a PCSO. But they're telling me that it could be 2010 before I get taken on. I'm seriously considering moving the application to the Met but can't decide whether it will be the right move. I've heard so many different pros and cons. Could do with some advice from someone who is currently training/has transfered down there... or just some opinions/experiences of London policing. Also.... would the BTP be a better option? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. makkatron
    Started by makkatron,

    Hello all.... what a fine forum this is!! I have finally passed my Application form after a previous attempt... I am so happy right now!!! Next is the assessment centre..... I understand it lasts a whole day and the time flies by.... What exactly goes on?! What kind of dress is advisable!? I believe role plays are based around working ina shopping centre?! Are scenario examples such as a lost child? A customer has lost their car keys etc!? And you get marked on how you deal with the situation!? Any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated :-) Obviously I am elated to get to this stage... I just wanna progress!!! :) Thanks to everyone! makkatron2008-09-19…

  9. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Just saw this I was researching on the GMP website for my final interview (10.30 tomorrow - aaaahhhhh!!) and I have seen that they are opening recruitment for student officers on wednesday this week. They say that they are limiting the drive to 1000 forms so be quick! They also say they will re-open again later in the year. Good luck to anyone who is applying.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  10. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    I got a call from GMP today, right after I had to have my cat put down at the vet! She just wanted to confirm some details, she advised me because I had my AC in Jan there would be no chance of me getting onto the Jan intake because they had a backlog of people from AC's in Sept/Oct 07 and it would be probably be March. I'm really gutted as I really want to leave my current job and thought the end was in site. Looks like people who had their AC in Jan are going to have to wait for March now.

    • 4 replies
    • 490 views
    robstock1546620155
  11. Sonicgod1546620245
    Started by Sonicgod1546620245,

    Anyone have an idea of what happens after day 2 in the met appl. process? I'm guessing at references and vetting. Is there an approx timescale? Thanks

  12. tls
    Started by tls,

    Hi guys, got my initial at the weekend and struggling with the Tulli info. I've been on the site but I'm unsure if I'm on the wrong pages as I'm not coming across anything about the course content. Does anyone know a decent link to somewhere on the Tulli website which gives good info about everything around the 15 weeks there? Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 296 views
    tom011546620287 *
  13. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    I have my Ac next Saturday. Im not enjoying waiting for it to come around. So nervous now and it gets worse as time goes on.

  14. L_Con
    Started by L_Con * ,

    I'm 16 at the moment, I'll be 17 in December. I'm currently doing A-Levels at sixth form and I am considering joining the police, but I have a few questions. (I'm from the West Midlands by the way.) Firstly, how likely is it that one would get promoted to Inspector and beyond? Secondly, would very good GCSE results and the fact that I may have A-levels affect an application and progression in the force in any way? Next, how much do firearms officers earn compared to regular officers, if anything? Finally, as I've been looking around the internet I've seen a "High Potential Scheme" mentioned, what exactly is this? I saw one site that claimed it can often lead to becomi…

    • 4 replies
    • 515 views
  15. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    does the compentancy answers have to be filled out in capital letters? i am currently filling out the MET form, Thankyou

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.