Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Just wanted to thank everyone for there tips and help to getting one step closer to my dream job. This was my third application to police and i believe in |Positive thinking. Never give up no matter wot. If you really want the job,you keep on going and if you fail then you see what you failed on and improve on it Its a very difficult job to become a police officer and you will get there in the end. Think POSITIVE Scott

    • 7 replies
    • 256 views
  2. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi could you please clarify for me the pass mark for Thames Valley Police... is it 50% or 60%.. And also do I have to reside within 20 miles of my chosen force which is TVP on application or is it after offer of employment is received?

    • 2 replies
    • 191 views
  3. mikes1546620199
    Started by mikes1546620199,

    Had "the call" from GMP recruitment to inform me that my file has been signed off and I've officially been offered the job! Starting on the 13th of October and will find out which division I'm going to on the 23rd of September at an induction evening. Nearly 2 years have finally paid off! Can't wait to get started!!!!!! Mike.

  4. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    How is the role play conducted and what does it entail? (i.e. what actually happens!?) I have never been a good actor - hated drama - so should I worry?

  5. DoorbasherHJ
    Started by DoorbasherHJ * ,

    Hi all, this is my first post after discovering this forum and hopefully there is someone out there who can help. I'm currently a 3.5 year PC with Surrey and on the whole I am very happy there as I feel the force treats its staff pretty well. However where I live and work is right on a very large border with the Met and what with the current economic climate and having a mortgage to pay the extra pay avalable effectively 10 minutes further up the road has left me considering a transfer. I just wonder if there is anyone who has made the Surrey to Met move and/or who works the boroughs I am interested in who could answer a few questions: 1) I am currently a response driv…

  6. Bobbbbbbb
    Started by Bobbbbbbb,

    just recieved my application pack for D&C, and have been lookin through it all. and have come to the locations part. it says that i need to pick the locations in which im prepared to serve, anywhere outside of the 30 mile radius and they will assume that i am prepared to relocate. my question is how do they measure the 30 mile radius? is it a case of my postcode to the nearest border of an area? postcode to middle of another area? or postcode to furthest point of another area? will prob be a "ring recruitment" jobby, but was just wondering if i could get an idea today. cheers sog

    • 2 replies
    • 392 views
  7. statty
    Started by statty,

    Passed the fitness test yesterday and now the next stage is the interview on the 2nd October. Anyone else got their interview on the same day?

    • 3 replies
    • 90 views
  8. Ian_C
    Started by Ian_C,

    following a number of requests via PM, I will post here for thoise interesred. Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT recruiting at this time, however this is due for review in June 2008. Applicants are advised to review the force website for updates. Hope this helps Ian.

  9. davet2008
    Started by davet2008 * ,

    Hi i start police training in jan 09 and i am just wondering whether the social life when you are in the police is good. I mean for example within the army etc you have a feeling of being a family so you can develop lifelong friendships. Is the police force like this? I am just intrigued and would appreciate ny opinions of current serving police. Thanks. p.s also in terms of benefits on commencement of training do u get subsidised gym membership?

  10. SJ Killa
    Started by SJ Killa,

    No one else has got there A/C results back from kent yet have they? I know that they will come any day now but i thought i would just ask as no one has written on here in the last couple of days!

    • 2 replies
    • 136 views
  11. tcaf
    Started by tcaf,

    Hi. I have an assessment centre on Friday and was wondering about the questioning style of the structured interview. I'd like to know if they ask you the main question , ie "Give me an example when you have shown customer service to a high level" and then leave you to ramble on for 5 minutes hopefully scoring positive indicators as you waffle away, or do they ask the main question and then a series of leading questions, to give you the opportunity to score ? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 197 views
  12. swompy
    Started by swompy,

    hey is there any one els sitting the PIRT test tonight in gloucestershire. this will be my third attempt at the PIRT hopefully third time lucky

    • 3 replies
    • 114 views
  13. owen85
    Started by owen85,

    Got my letter through, passed the papersift and now have my assessment day on the 30th October, anyone on the same day? Feeling a bit nervous already but I guess it's like when you're overly nervous for your driving test because its not just a test, its something that decides whether or not you get to do what you really want to do.

    • 0 replies
    • 398 views
  14. Hector1546620152
    Started by Hector1546620152,

    Have just received formal offer - will be starting at Essex on 29th September. Is anyone else on here starting at this time?

    • 3 replies
    • 667 views
  15. shalbert
    Started by shalbert,

    I got my letter some time ago with the above provisional start date. Has anyone had this date made official yet? Anyone else just started at Northumbria what can I expect?

    • 8 replies
    • 750 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.