Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    i was told that you could go to your local station and request the records they hold about you? is this true? would it effect your application if you've already applied?

    • 1 reply
    • 246 views
    JamieP1546620297
  2. newbie1
    Started by newbie1,

    Hi All. Got my medical on Monday and am a little worried as I have asthma, which I have had from childhood. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, I have declared it and have had no issues in 15years. I went through the army and was fine, also I am a cyclist and only use my blue inhaler before I cycle. Should I worry, or will I be ok? Help. Thanks C

    • 2 replies
    • 432 views
  3. swompy
    Started by swompy,

    hey i am looking to buy a book to help me get into the police which one of the following would you recommend. Book 1 Book 2 Book 3 Thanks Jake AKA Swompy

  4. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all, New to this forum ! I am a special from Gwent Constabulary - have A/C in afew days !!! Wonder if you can help me, How do you show RRD in the written part of the A/C ? The more I read into the A/C - the more confused i get !!! Thankyou for your help, its appreciated ! Mark

    • 4 replies
    • 488 views
  5. DanielW
    Started by DanielW * ,

    I have my A/C date for begining of Feb and a query regarding what questions to expect. Im aware that there will be four five minute questions based on the four competency areas, and additionally you will be assessed on effective comunication on how you answer each question. However what i want to know is if we will be asked additional questions on top of the four competency questions such as "why do you want to become a police officer", or "why did you chose to apply to your chosen force". Can anybody clarify for me? cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 527 views
  6. Adougl999
    Started by Adougl999,

    Hiya, I have my initial interview on the 1st Oct. Any tips??? Also, can a low credit score result in me being refused?? I don't have any CCJ's or such like, just a low score. But I've been good as gold on the finance front for a good few years , yet I get this sinking feeling that my credit score may bite me where it hurts when I least want it to.

    • 1 reply
    • 114 views
  7. richy1985
    Started by richy1985,

    I have just got into the police and start in 4 weeks, is there any advice you can give me to prepare e.g. reading/ resources for the next 4 weeks, so I can get a heads start and understand more about the initial training

    • 1 reply
    • 524 views
  8. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    Hi all, I have my assessment centre date in October and I will have to be smart, however I really hate shaving and I come in an awful rash when I do. I usually sport a short beard of , do you think would this be acceptable on the day1, trimmed and tidied up obviously? I know you can have a beard in the police, but at what length does it become a beard and not stubble. Thanks for your input, -Adam

    • 2 replies
    • 161 views
  9. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. It's been confirmed that after scoring 60% at the assessment centre I now have to take the final interview. Does anyone know what it is like. I have heard that it's really hard and that they make you feel really small... Any help would be great, Cheers, Stefa

  10. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Hello, I am in the process of applying for the police. I have filled out my Subject Access form for PNC. However, will this tell me everything that i have been involved in the police with i.e the night they came to my house when i had a party and a neighbour complained to the police? What if i dont remember something silly that may happened a few years back, how do i declare it! Regards!

    • 2 replies
    • 314 views
  11. mattyjb
    Started by mattyjb,

    I'm thinking of putting these down as my borough choices for the met, I know they're all trident boroughs and priority boroughs? but thats about all Does anyone work in any of these and have any idea what the differences are between them? Shifts? opportunities for courses? to specialise? workload? variety of work? Or all they all pretty much the same? just can't decide which order to put them in on the form, although i've heard they pretty much disregard the form anyway!

  12. Gregster
    Started by Gregster,

    Reading the Intranet pages yesterday I saw that West Yorks Police are holding a Police Recruitment evening at Bishopgarth Training Centre in Wakefield sometime in September for people interested in joining the police. They were asking for serving officers to talk to would be recruits. Possible recruitment drive happening soon. I'll have a look today and try to get further info.

    • 1 reply
    • 946 views
  13. DJR85
    Started by DJR85,

    Hey guys just wondering...any1 other than Matty2k and myself booked in for the Essex Police Fitness Test on or around October 18th? Matty and I atttended the a/c in April and were just wondering if theres anyone else on here who did?? Dean.

    • 5 replies
    • 127 views
  14. peter1984
    Started by peter1984,

    Hi, this is my first post. Got my assesment centre in october for northumbria police, does anyone know what % overall you need to pass the A/C. Cheers!!

    • 24 replies
    • 835 views
  15. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi there, I have just applied to join North Wales Police, but am very unsure and nervous with regards to the penalty points. On the website it does not give much information with regards to penalty points. I have applied before, where I had 3 penalty points, I was successful at application and assessment, but unfortunately I had to withdraw my application to due bereavement reasons. I have now applied again, but i have 6 points on my licence. Will this effect my appklication? I look forward to any replies or advice Many thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 588 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.