Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi there I’m really sorry if this has been asked before but im really worrying about the math’s part of the assessment centre. My assessment centre is this Saturday and ive been practicing the questions. I’ve being going through a few mock tests found in a book I bought but I never manage to finish all the questions. I normally manage to get about 15-18 done and thankfully most are correct. Does anyone know if the papers are marked out of 25 or are the questions you answered marked and is a percentage of the correct answers you gave worked out?? If it is marked out of the 25 would you recommend just guessing when you are running out of time or just leave the ans…

    specialteacher1546081026
  2. Campini82
    Started by Campini82,

    Hi all, I'm new here so bear with me! I attended an open day to become a PC with the Met back in Feb 2007. Having completed everything I was rejected at the last hurdle because I went travelling for 15 months previously and they said I didn't have enough UK address history to check my background. Fair enough. I've been waiting until I've been back in the country long enough (ie. 3 years consistant residency) to reapply. I'm now able to reapply however, having waited so long, I've now found that there seems to be no upcoming open days for Police Officer recruitment with the Met. Does this mean I've missed the boat?! I've spoken with the Recruitment line who say that Po…

    • 1 reply
    • 345 views
  3. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi All, Is there any body else who got their medical for TVP on 29/09/2008? and also if some body here know , how long would it take from medical to start date? Thanks in advance!

    • 13 replies
    • 233 views
  4. Sonicgod1546620245
    Started by Sonicgod1546620245,

    Anyone done met day 2 recently? What can I expect in the medical bit? Or the fitness bit for that matter.. Ta.

    • 8 replies
    • 206 views
    Sonicgod1546620245
  5. chris2507
    Started by chris2507,

    At the minute myself and my partner are living at her parents as we are in between houses, her father and mother are currently renovating an old solicitors into a wine bar and have just got a liquor licence. They don't actually run the business and probably wont as the idea is to sell the place on when work is complete and the licence is needed for planning permisson reasons etc. Now I know it says that they may not concider you if sombody living with you has a licence of this sort. Has anybody had experience of this? Is anybody aware of the guidlines around this? Id be gutted if this affected my application. Thanks for any help Chris

    • 8 replies
    • 450 views
  6. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Yeah the title says it all. Can someone give me some light on this question (I'm going over the practice applications, the real app is opening tomorrow). Q3 Police officers often need to remain calm and act logically and decisively in very difficult circumstances. Recall an occasion when you have been in a very challenging or difficult situation and had to make a decision that perhaps others disagreed with. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you reacted in the face of difficulty and challenge. Any tips would be appreciated :) [edit] One more thing!, for this: Try to remember an occasion when you have had to tell a person or a group something th…

  7. louw
    Started by louw,

    Hi all I was interested to know if anyone here had there Fitness/set tests on the 1st september for Strathclyde!?

    • 7 replies
    • 277 views
  8. davemoon
    Started by davemoon,

    Hiya folks, I recently attended Jackton for my medical and thought that this would go smoothly. It did mainly but it was picked up that I had an operation on my knee around 5 years ago. The doctor checked me out and was happy but just said he wanted a medical report from my GP to make sure. He explained this was fairly common and not to worry as he thought everything would be ok. My dilema now though is that, that was 2 weeks ago and my GP is still saying they havent received a request in yet. I have spoken to the occupation health people and they keep telling me to wait as it will be sent out. Has anyone else had to go through this and if so how long did it take to …

    • 1 reply
    • 137 views
  9. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Hi All, Just had to say it ' I have completed phase 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ' The lectures, the role plays, the endless definitions, plastic covered mattresses in accommodation, pre-reads, 3 carb filled meals a day etc etc etc etc ! We got presented with our black eppaulettes and finally got to give the red student officer ones back....... It now says Police Officer on my warrant card not STUDENT police officer. I got the kit, Iam armed with the knowledge BUT all this means that I have got another 20 years learning ahead of me The final exam rendered me useless and all the intake were fairly worried but we all got over 70% ! This goes to prove that although we are not alw…

    • 3 replies
    • 743 views
  10. Dramaqueen
    Started by Dramaqueen,

    Hi everyone, well I have been signed off my ten weeks tutored patrol and start on independent patrol on Monday....Just wanted to know if anyone had any hints, tips, advice pearls of knowledge they would like to give me regarding this exciting but scary part of the process.....?

    • 16 replies
    • 3.4k views
    Pensioner1546620295
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I am being a bit presumptious here, but does anyone know what the March start date is for GMP, and when the first weeks holiday would be? Im desperately hoping I will get in for them, but need to try and book a holiday fairly soon as well and obviously cant book for when I might be training! Does anyone also know when the next start date would be after March if I miss that one?

    • 4 replies
    • 573 views
  12. xylene8
    Started by xylene8,

    As a new-to-be trained PC, I wondered if there were minmum service comitments that have to be met. I was presuming it wasn't like the armed forces where you're tied in for so many years. Maybe this is different in different areas? Does anyone know? If you want to transfer, is that option open straight after the 2 years probation period, or do they expcet a mimimum number of years of service before you can transfer?

    • 1 reply
    • 644 views
  13. Hull ANDY
    Started by Hull ANDY,

    I sent my application too TVP a few weeks ago and they sent me vetting forms to fill in. does this mean i have passed the first part of the application. and the next step now is th A/C please help a lot of people i talk too friends and family say i must have passed the application cause they would not of sent the vetting forms other wise x

  14. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi, I received a call from TVP today and asking me for the start date of 1st Dec 2008 ,provided if i pass medical and pre-joining fitness test!!!I am just thrilled to bits, cant believe the wait if alomost over! i am keeping my finger's crossed for others!! Sorry mistakes in spelling! stupid keyboard! thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 248 views
  15. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hello all I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some advice please,I passed the police officer AC in February with Gwent and am still awaiting my date for a fitness test,the planned intake date for October this year has been cancelled and there is still no news on when the next intake is likely to be?? Is there anyone else here in the same boat??,I just managed to pass with 65% and really hope it is enough as the selection is apparantly based on a scoring system. Did anyone else here attend the same AC?,any advice would be greatly received! Cheers everyone

    • 3 replies
    • 76 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.