Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mattyjb
    Started by mattyjb,

    i've seen some books for police probationers, they seem to be baded on the IPLDP system which the Met are doing away with? Will most of the stuff still be relevant? are they worth investing in?

    • 0 replies
    • 538 views
  2. DebbieMcN85
    Started by DebbieMcN85,

    Hi folks, I'm due to start at Tulliallan on 8th September, just wondering if anyone else is too? I'm so nervous...The not knowing what it's going to be like on my first day is making me feel ill!!! :smiley_vomit: Anyone else out there feeling my pain??? Debs.

    • 38 replies
    • 4.6k views
  3. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    Heya guys, I've set my mind on joining the police cadets in my area, but there's just one obstacle. Well, I stopped attending school last October, due to bullying but studied at home afterwards and got pretty good Standard Grade results. I'm also thinking of doing A Levels. I can either do them at school, or through a home learning organization. The last time I went into the school to do my exams, I narrowly avoided getting into a fight, so the home learning option is more appealing at the moment. My main concern is that not attending school might A) Make employers think I give up easily and/or B) Make future employers think I can't interact socially. I've moved arou…

    • 3 replies
    • 360 views
    Murray1546620195
  4. awjross
    Started by awjross,

    Hi All, I have just opened a Letter from the WMP confirming that ALL Checks are complete etc and giving me a provisional start date of 4th Aug 2008! Thank the lord for that! Has anyone else been given this start date?

    • 36 replies
    • 5.3k views
  5. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Well, Monday 4th August is not far away and slowly things are becoming reality! I only had to give a weeks notice at work even though i'd been there 6 years, so leaving 1 job and starting hopefully my last a week later is a strange feeling. I'm very excited, and handing in my application form september last year seems ages ago. Now it's here, all the goodbyes have happened, all the hellos are about to start! I've nearly completed my workbook and I'm watching every police program on TV! I think it's going to be like when you learn to drive, you never think your going to do a million things at once, but in the end, it all comes together. I can honestly say apart from …

  6. wannabecop1546620180
    Started by wannabecop1546620180,

    Hi to all! Ive just found out that the seminar for that start date (15th sept) is on the 19th august. I also found out that WMP have stopped recruiting but DONT PANIC as I did and ring them to find out if their still going to employ me. They said that if you have had an application form it will go through but they will not be issuing any more. Hope this is useful.

  7. Sierra Oscar1546620282
    Started by Sierra Oscar1546620282,

    I am just filling in/out my application form and not sure what to put for my father who is dead. Should I leave it blank or fill in the 'your father' seciton? There is no where to put if they are dead or alive. If they have any criminal convictions and are now dead will that still be held against me? Thanks.

  8. sleepyweasel
    Started by sleepyweasel,

    Going for my day 2 on the 24th at Hendon and know that on the invitation it says to bring gym kit, but what did everyone wear/going to wear? I don't want to be underdressed, after all this is still an interview of sorts, but at the same time I do not want to turn up suited and booted if it's not the dress standard. Of course, regardless I will turn up smartly dress, but I just wondered what every else's opinion would be?

    • 5 replies
    • 191 views
    Sonicgod1546620245
  9. aarong89
    Started by aarong89,

    I have passed my medical for Northants, but have just received a pensions book where i have to sign off to say that i cant take ill health benefits due to the fact i ruptured a cruciate ligament playing football at 14. It has been deemed that between 21-30 years of service (40-49 years of age) i may not be able to complete police duties. This also means i pay a reduced contribution of 7.5% into the pensions scheme. I am completly fine with this. However in the form i have to sign it states "The force will need to take its Health and Safety into account when assigning me to particular posts and that this in time may effect the range of jobs i can undertake" I plan to…

    • 1 reply
    • 118 views
  10. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi Guys, Well after nearly three years i had a phone call on Friday afternoon to say my appliction was complete and my confirmation letter was in the post, i cant begin to tell you all how happy i am. Afer failing once and trying again i have finally done it. My advice if its your dream never stop trying you'll get there in the end. Thanks to everyone on here, this place had been an absolute godsend at times. Goodluck to all those still in the process and roll on 20th October. Laura xxx

  11. the_jinj
    Started by the_jinj,

    I'll be up at Tulli come October - who else is going to be there.....

  12. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Around March time I broke out in a rash which doctors said was a mild allergic reaction to something id been in contact with. They gave me some tablets which contained a steroid to get rid of the rash. Anyways, Im due to have my medical around December time. I hadnt put this thing about the tablets down on the medical form because Id already handed it in. If I explain at the medical is it likely to hold the recruitment process up? Would it be worth me taking a note from doctor with me? Is it likely to be a problem? Thanks Colette.

    • 6 replies
    • 217 views
  13. mattyjb
    Started by mattyjb,

    does anyone know which tube station is nearest to finchley section house? how long does it take to get to hendon? i'm hoping to get out of bed oh about 10 minutes before starting work!!! I wish! anyone else going to be staying there from 13th Oct??

    • 5 replies
    • 3.4k views
  14. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    are these ever a problem in the medical?

    • 3 replies
    • 168 views
  15. dolenz87
    Started by dolenz87,

    just had a voicemail from met police recruitment -urgent call reagrding application.but due to the caller having bad signal could only hear bits of the number to return the call,so far I have 02083530339 ( i think) anyone any idea what the number is as i cant reach anyone!!!!! many thanks chris

    • 3 replies
    • 386 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.