Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Just my luck. I have recently been promoted at work, and they have booked me away for a training course on the day of my assessment (3 day's training). I have informed my line manager that I have plans booked and could not make it, in which he basically said (indirectly)- you do not attend, you won't last the probation...alot of senior managers will be there, and expect my presence. I phoned up the assessment firm and informed them of my concerns, and if it would be possible to any degree in changing the date, in which they basically replied- you either attend or you can reapply in 6 months (which is fair enough). My question is, when can I reapply (truth be …
-
- 0 replies
- 427 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Can you give me some idea of the age ranges you are seeing in training. I almost joined some years ago but had to pull out before start date. Now, as i approach forty i am keen again but although im fit etc, i do have concerns about my age. Any thoughts would be appreciated Cheers
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone, Im new here, have just finished my application form and wish I'd seen this forum first. Think I'll be printing out another one! The advice on here seems fab. The reason I started searching for a site like this was to ask a question.. Say I was to pass everything ( wishful thinking ) .. Would I have to stay at Tulliallan for the full 15 weeks? Are you allowed to drive home if you want every few nights/ weekends? The reason I'm asking is that I have a family and although I have the support of them to pursue this career, that time would be pretty tough.. Hopefully someone can answer. Thank You in advance for your help and Good Luck to everyone else applying…
-
- 4 replies
- 441 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone have any idea how long vetting normally takes, and do many people fail at the vetting stage? Thanks.
-
Earlier this year I was under a bit of stress in my current job, I went to the Doctor and basically told her this; she gave me some tablets to help me sleep, which was something I was struggling to do. That was it, two weeks of tablets and I worked through it, no days off work and no pervious history of this sort of thing. Is this likely to be held against me if/when I get to vetting?
-
My fitness is tonight and although I have done well in my practise runs of the 1.5 mile, I have a good feeling, what with the weather, it will end up a bleep test! Has anyone done this yet? Is it harder than the run? Any info would be appreciated!
-
Hi I will shortly be applying for a Pcso role. I have an eyesight test booked for next week ( i already wear glasses) i was wondering about the test for unaided vision when i have to read the 2nd line is this using both eyes OR RIGHT/LEFT seperately. Thanks for your time T
-
Hi guys, I have been lurking on here for about a year now. It has been a great resource for me to follow everybody elses experiences, so thanks for that. Anyway, I applied to West Midlands Police last October and finally passed my assessment in June. So now I am waiting to hear back from my references and security checks before my medical and fitness test. My question is this: One of my references I gave was my previous employer, a manager of a well known sports retail store. When I left he was sorry to see me go and said I could always count on him for a reference, so I did. However driving past there the other day I noticed that the branch had closed down. Now my …
-
- 6 replies
- 669 views
- 3 followers
-
-
I have been searching all morning and can't find where I can download these for the relevant core competencies. Anyone out there got a copy or got links? Paul
-
Hi just recently joined the forum. what can I say I am impressed. alot of good advice. I am hoping some one can give me some good advice. A/C on Wednesday this week. Stomach is churning now. Can anyone give me an idea of the worst case scenario for the Role Play? I have heard different things so not sure what to expect. Please, please can some one help? pcwannabe
-
Todays Sunday mail page 23 http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/newsfeed/...78057-20726648/
-
Over the last couple of months I've been considering putting an application in for the MET as a PC... I've been thinking about it alot and have been putting together a list, this might sound silly, but a list of positive things and a list of negative things and been trying to weigh it all up! Has anyone else done this sort of thing to try and help them out with making their final descsion??
-
hi every 1 im new to this site. ive applied to gmp . got through the paper sift stage got my a/c in november so starting to prepare myself as much as i can although been given advice to just go for it and be myself. only thing after looking at this site regarding background checks i got arrested 6 years ago in a car with some other people because we matched the description of some people that had attempted to steal a car. because i had been drinking i was put in a cell for the night to be interviewed in the morning. we were all questioned and then it was accepted that the police had the wrong people so we were released immediatley . no charge no bail not even any paper wo…
-
- 4 replies
- 739 views
- 1 follower
-
-
i'm in quite a dilemna, i'm applying to the police and have passed my assessment centre waiting to go to my fitness date. The company i have worked for have found this out and to be honest were less than impressed. They have then proceeded to rifle through my company emails and have rather unfortunately found an email regarding a colleague in somewhat of a negative light. We have nothing at our company saying emails would be monitored or any kind of contractual agreement. As a result of this i have been dismissed, not so great when i'm joining the police. My worry is what to do now, do i phone recruitment and say i've been dismissed? i'm going to citizens advice bureau th…
-
Hi all, I have just passed the fitness today and i am soooooooooooo happy, it was the part i was most dreading!! Only got to level six on the bleep test, 50 on the push 40 on the pull, but a pass is a pass i suppose!! Cant wait to hear from recruitment now x
-
- 9 replies
- 738 views
- 1 follower
-