Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Just passed my GMP medical. So only vetting to go now. I actualy forgot that the grab and cough was part of the test though.

    • 11 replies
    • 254 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  2. ENWOD
    Started by ENWOD,

    For Q4 http://www.jointhejob.com/index.php?categoryid=48 What examples did you all give? I have one in mind but I'm unsure whether it may be too personal and put me in, somewhat of a bad light (The example I was thinking of was when my girlfriend and I thought she may be pregnant in our, immature years and had I had to gather both our parents together and tell them) Thank God it was a false alarm and I've matured and learnt a lot from it but i'm unsure the examiners would see that? What do you lot think of that then? An incredibly bad example or is that the sort of thing they're after? Thanks for any help!

    • 3 replies
    • 460 views
  3. ThomasN99
    Started by ThomasN99,

    Hi all, i recently passed my set and fitness assessment for Strathclyde Police, just before the set i can recall the guy who was there talking about when you have to get in contact with either someone who is going through probation or has recently passed, in order to ask them about life in the force. I think he said you do this after your first interview, although he may have said you do it before it. Can anyone help with when i do this, and how i do it? Many thanks. Thomas

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  4. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi everyone wanted to ask if those of you who have passed a/c felt that you had done well when you left? or did anyone feel like they had messed it all up only to find out they had passed after all?

    Jacko281546620200
  5. febstar
    Started by febstar * ,

    I have my SET/fitness test tomorrow and I feel sick with nerves. Just to be clear, is it absolutely true that you should arrive in your running clothes?

    • 2 replies
    • 107 views
  6. tcaf
    Started by tcaf,

    Hi all I know that when completing the application form it is neccessary to refer to a specific occassion in the competancy questions. Is this also the case in the structured interviews at A/C ? The reason I ask is that the positive indicators listed for Community and Customer focus read like a job description for me as Im an area ops manager in a service industry. Consequently if they ask me to explain my personal experience of such things I can talk in general terms about what I do every day and the actions I do to fulfill these criteria, but do they want to hear on day X I went to see customer Y who had the hump and I did the following specific things to make them a …

    • 3 replies
    • 207 views
  7. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, if you are going through the motions of the home office recruitment is it allowed that you could apply for civil nuclear police as it isnt related to h/o? any ideas?

    • 3 replies
    • 575 views
  8. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    How much warning were you given about your assessment day? I have submitted my application a couple of weeks ago but want to get an idea how much warning I'll have before the next stage. Need to get a lot of practice in.

    • 10 replies
    • 637 views
  9. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    As you only got interviewed on 4 competencies, does this mean you only need to rehearse 4 answers? Are the 4 questions the same on every assessment day or do they change (hence needing an answer for all 7) I will have my Met Assessment day soon and not sure if I need to be formulating answers for all 7.

    • 1 reply
    • 351 views
  10. emmery
    Started by emmery * ,

    Hello to you all. I am just about to begine my training with WMP and although i have a long way to go yet something has slightly bothered me. In the information booklets you get before you start is is explained that you train all through your first two years (probation) as expected and then at the end of your probation a choice is made if you are confirmed in the rank of constable or not, i.e kicked out. I was hoping for some feed back as to how many recruits dont make the grade at this point and are asked to leave is it common not to make the grade ofter the two years or is it a rare thing to happed?

    • 2 replies
    • 662 views
  11. High Tower
    Started by High Tower,

    Has anyone been given a start date for October? If so how long ago were you notified?

    • 5 replies
    • 670 views
  12. kittykate
    Started by kittykate,

    Hi all, hope its going good for everyone, i have a question and i may just be being stupid but i cant seem to look it up anywhere. I know that the training is not residential in hendon anymore, but how long is the training and would i have to rent a private room in hendon? Or do they rent out the old rooms? I know its a long way off but its playing on my mind, thanks x

  13. donallan1
    Started by donallan1 * ,

    Just regarding the vetting, I moved oin with my girlfriend a few months ago and she sent a kletter to the council tax to get me added on to it but they have not added me onto it yet so Im not sure if they did receive it yet. Can they check this out when they are vetting?

  14. Francis7
    Started by Francis7,

    Does anyone know if financial checks are done on family members or is it just criminal record checks? I haven't spoken with my father in a while and, whilst I am confident that he has no criminal record, I know that he had a lot of debt a few years ago and I don't know the outcome. Would it be a problem for my application if he was still in debt, or has defaulted or accrued CCJs? I have no relationship with him but am still nervous that it could cause a problem. thanks for any help

    • 4 replies
    • 544 views
  15. DOUGIE IN DERRY
    Started by DOUGIE IN DERRY,

    I AM A 38 YEAR OLD FULL TIME RESERVE CONSTABLE (17 YEARS) IN THE TSG IN LONDONDERRY AND WILL BE ATTENDING THE MPS OPEN EVENT IN WEST BROMPTON ON SEPT 13 WITH A VIEW TO TRANSFERRING. IF ANYONE WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE, OR HAS TRANSFERRED THEMSELVES, COULD ADVISE ME ON RECRUITMENT FROM THE PSNI TO THE MET I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL.

    DOUGIE IN DERRY

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.