Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hey ! Got my results today and I failed by 1 percent.. Scored 59 percent overall Failed with Met Police However.. Here is the good news I can transfer my results to Essex Police ( Thank God they're recruiting! )
-
I did not understand one word during interview time so i did not answer,Would that an automatic fail? The word is "impartial"
-
In the online application (I'm currently filling my application out for Essex Police if that is of any help) In the qualifications section; could I have an example of how you lot have done it. I've included What qualification it is in the Subject (iirc) title; is this correct? In addition to this I took a vocational course in ICT and recieved a number of distinctions, merits, passes etc and not one overall grade. So should I include all of the grades in this text box? Sorry for the incredibly confused description, I don't expect any replies Cheers though, Josh.
-
Hi people, I had my assessment centre on the 17th July and I sent my medical forms off a few weeks ago. The other day I managed to fail my third driving test for practically no reason (one serious, one minor,) other than i didn't check my left mirror when I came off one roundabout. Sorry that's my litle rant over, I've got my next test booked for the end of September, are they actually likely to make me reapply if I haven't passed before my fitness test? One of my Dad's client's is a police sergeant with WMP I think, and he said a young lad joined the police and he hadn't passed his test before he started training! Any ideas any body? As you can imagine I'm soooo stressed…
-
Hi is anybody else going through central scotland police?, I have passed my set and am waiting on an Assessment centre date. Has anybody done the assessment centre? I know it covers diversity, comunication etc, anyhelp would be appreciated! Ross
-
Hi there I'm currently in the process of applying for the Leicestershire Constabulary, I've actually got my fitness test tomorrow and I want to know what shift patterns are employed? thanks
-
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone has any advice for my first day on IPLPD tomorrow for Thames Valley Police. When I got my phone call a few weeks back from TVP advising me on start times etc I made a point of asking about what we should wear. He said that smart casual + jeans and a T-shirt is fine and when I questioned him regarding shirt & tie he said I would be very over dressed. Now I have read on several forums that a shirt & tie is a must!! HELP. Maybe its because my training is to be done at Aylesbury college rather than in-house like Sully for example. Also, apart from my I.D., a pad of paper and pens, are there any other specific items I need…
-
Hi everyone, I am facing a bit of a dilemma. For the past three and a half years I have worked as a full time judo coach (have been CRB checked 3 times). I am trying to work out how many weeks I can commit to working this term. I passed my Day 2 on thursday and am waiting to be vetted. It's very important I know the minimum period of time it will take so I can advise the schools I teach at how many lessons I can make this term. Has anyone recently undergone the Met vetting process? How long did it take to get through? I think that my case should be relatively straightforward. I have always lived in the UK, only have one debt (car finance deal) but do have 3 points in …
-
Hi everyone I recently passed an assessment centre for Police Officers with Gwent Police with an overall score of 65%,but was then informed that all intake dates for this year have been cancelled,does anyone know if the proposed intake date's for January & April 2009 are still on?,if it is coming down to score basis just hope 65% is enough!........any information received would be greatly appreciatedGazz2008-09-03 12:06:33
-
Has anyone been. Found this usefull? What does it entail. I would like to go, but I am struggling to get out of work to go to this.
-
well this is my turn. I guess that the adrenaline will be back again. So I made sure that everything is ticked for the big day. Anybody else is going? Any last minute advices? Bonne chance, phil a/c friday 29th august, Stirling, 9.20am
-
hey all ok so i know i have to be patient but this feels like torture!!! its been almost 4 weeks since my day one A/C with the MET and i just want to know my results, even though im pretty sure ive failed. i think i may give it till fri until i phone recruitment as it will have then hit the 4 week mark!!! has anyone received their results for MET day one and attended after the 2nd Aug anyway hope all is well!!! Nikki
-
Hi Guys and Girls, I'm a little baffled as to weather of not you can atleast slow down or walk for just a little bit if needed when you do the 1.5 miles run? some people have told me that if you stop running it's an automatic fail is this correct? I hope someone can help i have my fitness test monday Thank you in advance for any info !
-
I had my a/c on July 15th, just wondered if anyone from that week of assesment centres have received a date for their fitness test yet?
-
Hello everyone, I was hoping someone would have a definitive answer to this question. Do you have to pass each section of the A/C individually as well as reaching the overall pass mark (50-60 depending on you’re force)? Or it simply you’re overall mark that’s taken into account? Ohh and just to add, is it different for each force or is the same across the board??? Cheers J