Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello. On the written excercises I understand that you have to reply to a letter. Someone told me that on one, if not both, of the excercises you have to write a report to your boss about a certain situation a member of the public has complained about. I think it would be very straight forward to write a letter to a member of the public but to write a report to your boss would be much harder. This is because not many people know howto write a report - I don't. I guess my question is - Do you write a letter to the customer or do you write a report to your boss? Regards all and good luck everbody.
-
I have recently recieved a letter saying that my application has been accepted and that i am to await an assessment date, brilliant i thought but now i see that Hampshire are dropping 80 recruits because of the rise in fuel prices affecting the budget. Does anybody know, will that mean that they will drop 80 already in the sytem or does it mean that they will drop 80 off the recruitment target for this year??
-
I have my pre joining test tomorrow and i have tried numerous times to get in touch with recruitment (emails and calls) but to no avail. I had a phonecall telling me the 26th August but i never received a letter so i dont know what time (i presume 08:30 the same as original fitness test) but i am not sure what i need to take or wear. Am i expected to wear hirt and tie a i undertand i may need to have photo taken or can i go casual? I will also take my driving licence and passport, i take it this is enough? Hope someone can help as i could do with jut relaxing till tomorrow regarding this, Many thanks,
-
I have medical aug 19 and if all goes well should start poss november 3rd in west yorkshire, anyone else about to join west yorkshire? :whistle2:
-
Hi all, Wondering if anyone could help me out of this pickle I'm in! I've got passed the assessment centre stage of the application to my local force. However, I've just discovered that my fiancee and I need to move to another force area (four hours away) for family reasons. Is there any chance that I can transfer my application at this stage instead of starting all over again? I know its not the norm to transfer until after your two years probation are up but was wondering if anyone had heard or experienced anything different? Thanks for your comments in advance. Steadyeddy
-
With ref to vetting in particular checks on my family; my brother is serving life, with seven years remaining.....shall i throw literally years of preperation away because my brother is "A BIT DODGY" and not even fill my application out, or is there anyone out there who, based on prior knowledge thinks i may still be in with a chance
-
- 3 replies
- 810 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just looking for some advice please. I have just passed the application form stage and waiting for a date for my assestment centre, the next one is in november but they cannot confirm that i am even going to be tested in november and i may have to wait till the next one next year depending on numbers. So i am aware that the overall process may take up to another 6 plus months. The situation is, i am in a sales job at present and absolutely hate it, the company i work for are in a terrible situation and my motivation is at its all time low. I would love for the short term to apply for other jobs at another company to sell something else that will challenge me in the …
-
- 3 replies
- 295 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi i am about to get my application and start the process. How long does it normally take from the application stage to being accepted? If accepted? Also it is really hard to take time off at my current job, they hate staff having 1 single days off you have to have a week etc. I assume that all the fitness tests, interviews etc are on weekdays.... not sure how i will deal with this one.... Any suggestions, much appreciated. J
-
I have been informed that I have failed my papersift.I was given a C overall. B in R&D and C in everything else. I applied last year and got an A in R&D B in teamwork and 2 C's. This year I put the same form in pretty much word for word and was given these marks! They have said in R&D that I didnt consider the outcome for the person doing the bullying or discrimination or consider the outcome for the organisation when I have quite clearly done so and evidenced that! I have called the recruitment dept and they say there is nothing that can be done. I cant appeal,but as far as I see it,the person who marked my paper has quite clearly failed at their job and …
-
- 25 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, Does anybody have any information about the required pass mark at the assessment centre for the above force and is there a final interview if successful after the medical ? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance J
-
Hi i'm starting Hertfordhsire (Letchworth) 8th of september, anyone else starting? took me 1yr 6months to get here and am chuffed to bits :) March 2007 apply Hampshire police May 2007 Pass papersift June 2007, told not enough space for me on AC as i'm dyslexic August 2007 told not enough space for me on AC as i'm dyslexic November told not enough space for me on AC as i'm dyslexic, arrange to do unadjusted centre in Januray January 2008, recruiting told not enough space for me on AC as i'm dyslexic have to wait until april.(point out we had arranged differnt told they would see what they could do) Feb 2008: get last minute place on AC, pass with high marks March …
-
I'm curious as to whether or not TVP are still issued with white shirts and tie? I see some officers wearing shirts, others wearing black tops. Who wears what?
-
hi there, ill start of with a few dates, then hopefully someone can offer some sensible advice! My application is with Greater Manchester. july 2007: sent off initial written application december 2007: passed assessment centre 08th april 2008: passed final interview (SENT BACK VETTING FORMS) 24th april 2008: passed fitness 20th may 2008: passed medical so now im just waiting on the vetting being completed. since my final interview may, july and august have been hinted at as possible start dates, all of which dates have passed without a word from GMP recruitment. i appreciate the work load the HR depts suffer, but the only dialogue has been initiated by mysel…
-
- 30 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys, Does anybody know if you can study an extra year after you've completed your foundation degree in policing studies to make it a Bachelors Degree? in something like criminology? I know that with foundation degree's at college/university you can do this. Thanks for any help guys. Mike
-