Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Is anyone else able to get on the other forum at http://www.policeuk.com/forum/? Its been down for a few days from here.

  2. alexander68060
    Started by alexander68060,

    Hi anyone knows what we need to take with us on the first day of training. apart from forms and sports wear of course. all advice appreciated. Alex

    • 11 replies
    • 983 views
  3. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    I've had a Community and Customer focus Example, I used it in my special Interview( although I want it to be spot on for the Final interview) but I was checking it against the Frame work and it has no correlation to anything to do with the community as its a Shop Example. Is this a problem - one of the negative indicators is "does not respond to the needs of the community". I work in a shop when would I do that? Advice please cheers! Sam

  4. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    I know this may be like asking how long is a piece of string, But I I would still like to get a rough idea. I have a small immediate family, no attachments, no financial problems, no criminal records, my family members don’t have any serious records either. So there is very little to vet ( sounds all very boring lol) to be honest. Just wondering how long it may take if any body has any experience. Cheers.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Cookie Monster
  5. sprout_saint
    Started by sprout_saint,

    I have recently passed the a/c and I am due to do the fitness soon. A big factor in proceding with my application is the wages. I will be struggling badly on the normal wage for an officer and wondered how much overtime you can seriously expect to do a year?

  6. tls
    Started by tls,

    I am sitting on 29.5 BMI as we speak but trying to get it down alot more before my fitness test. Waist measurement is worrying me however, does anyone know the current limit? Cheers!

  7. lordmonkeyboy
    Started by lordmonkeyboy,

    Does any one have any tips on the course or the push pull? I take it if you pass thats it then? Many thanks ! P.s if some one could lie and say its really easy that would be good!

    • 16 replies
    • 273 views
  8. sfuller
    Started by sfuller,

    I applied to become a PC in the Met and failed my AC by 1%.however, I have been offered a position as a PCSO and the opportunity to re-apply to become a PC after ONE years service. I could re-apply in 6 months without accepting the PCSO position but am worried that turning the position down will affect my next app. Also, I feel if I DO take the position then when I do re-apply I will be a pretty string candidate with the PCSO and previous app background. What does everyone think? Are there many on here who started out as a PCSO? Samuel

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
    pugwash_051546620060
  9. Mad Dog
    Started by Mad Dog * ,

    Hello, Found this website by chance. Looks good so far. Ive been contemplating joining the met for a long time. I have dual citizenship so that side of things is not a problem. Im a member of Australian Federal Police. Question - What do you think my chances are of joining Any tips and do you know of any Australians that have made the move. I know South Australia has a program for UK Police, is there anything like this in the UK. Im seriously thinking of making a trip early next year to do testing etc if possible. Thanks for any information.

  10. squishysaru
    Started by squishysaru,

    Hi, I got my call yesterday offering me a training place in October. I got my pack today and I new have to give them my Borough choices (again!) Can anyone give advice on any Boroughs that they have come in to contact with. Someone I know who work in Westminster says I should go for there but then others have said it's mainly public order and will get repetitive. I live near to London Bridge so location wise Lewisham would be good and I've heard that it's quite a 'busy' borough.. Anyone have any advice on Boroughs?

    • 8 replies
    • 765 views
  11. beatleplanet
    Started by beatleplanet * ,

    Hi All, I have my FIB next week, Leicestershire. Could some kind soul please give me details of what questions they ask Etc. All or any help would be greatly received. Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 157 views
  12. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    11th October is the big day! Its been a long time coming... Time to prepare faster!

  13. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    Can anyone give me any idea how long after sending in your application it took to hear back from recruitment roughly? PS. I sent my application by email if that changes matters.

    • 7 replies
    • 651 views
  14. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all, I have been given 3 weeks notice to take the assessment center and was wondering if people could post their advice here. I have purchased loads of books and have even brought those expensive (how 2 become) dvds. I'll be studying everyday until the event. Any help is much welcomed. Thank you Matthew --------------------------------------------------------------- Application handed in: May 2008 Papersift passed: August 2008 Asessment Center: September 2008 Fitness Test: September 2008 Medical: unknown

    • 11 replies
    • 789 views
  15. Edoardo22
    Started by Edoardo22 * ,

    I am thinking about transferring to the Civil Nuclear Constabulary. I have looked at their website and spoke to some HR admin staff there but I wanted to know more about it. My decision is based on the fact that I want to join a firearms unit and unfortunately the force I am currently serving in is preventing officers from doing so as they have applied the streaming concept. Anyone out there with more info? Thank you. Ciao, Ed

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.