Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Name: David Kingscott Age: 23 Previous Job: Land Rover Prototype Development OCU: F2 Rose Road Group: Tally Ho 2 Comment: Nervous beyond belief, but excited as much!!! :clapping:

    • 31 replies
    • 2.8k views
    david_kingscott
  2. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi all i am just after a few opinions on my situation. The situation is that i have passed all elements of the recruitment process and my status is ready to start. However Lincolnshire police, like most forces, have a bit of a funding problem at the moment. I have found out today that the next intake is likely to be January but have heard on the grapevine that this is only likely to be for 20 people but there are 90 waiting to start. There should be 2 more intakes next year. I have approached recruitment today asking them if it would be benificial to become a Special in the mean time. I have not done this in the past because of the job that i was in and i was working mos…

    • 2 replies
    • 708 views
    david_kingscott
  3. ninjaJames1546620120
    Started by ninjaJames1546620120 * ,

    Hello all... I was wondering when joining a police force, do you get to choose if you would like to go into response or neighbourhood work? - or do you have to wait until after your probationary period in order to get into response...? Thanks

    david_kingscott
  4. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    I'm hoping to apply to Thames Valley, but read you must live within a 20 mile radius. Seeing as Thames Valley covers a number of places where do you calculate it to?? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  5. Samuel Mcphee
    Started by Samuel Mcphee,

    Hi there, Ive got my SET and fitness test at the end of the month for Strathclyde Police. Ive been advised to speak with probationary officers from my local station to gain an insight into the recruitment processes, training and the day to day role of a police officer. Is there anything else I should be asking or anything worth finding out about? Also has anyone one heard of "Strands" I think theres 6 with reagards to what officers deal with e.g racism etc? Any advice, would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Sam

    • 9 replies
    • 944 views
  6. blank_182
    Started by blank_182,

    Hi Guys - I hope you can offer me some advice in the area. I currently have a place to go to Nottingham University next year to study civil engineering - however this is my 2nd option. I'm 20 - I worked in civil engineering for a couple of years before applying for university. The CNC (Civil Nuclear Constabulary) have just opened up application for new recruits - this is what I want to do. Do you think getting a degree would benefit my career in the Police? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Your advice in GREATLY appreciated! Ian

    • 11 replies
    • 791 views
  7. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    I can't seem to find this anywhere but, have the met got rid of this part of the test now? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 89 views
  8. ageean
    Started by ageean,

    Hello All. Would anyone out there please read this and tell me what your views are. After completing all the other stages of the recruitment process I was absolutely deverstated to fail the fitness test by a meesly 4 seconds!! I just couldn't believe it, the process had taken up to this point a period of 13 months. I am a mature lady (43years) I have wanted to become a police officer all my life but when I was younger, my husband worked away from home and my children were babies so I had to wait until my children got older and more independant. the only problem with that is I have also got older!! I scored 87% in the a/c, got all A's & B's on the original applicati…

    • 146 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. TSF
    Started by TSF,

    Hi, im 17 now and 18 in june, but i want to join the police, i always have. after looking through a previous topic which was posted about life experice, are there any more ideas? after leaving school at 16, i worked as a chef for 9 months at the hilton manchester deansgate, and from that i moved to food and beverage assistant, dealing with guests etc, i am really good at talking to people and listening. what are the chances of me getting into the police and what more experience should i have? where i live there is no neighbourhood watch scheme or youth projects etc. also if i apply and fail the police can i automatically apply for the specials or do ihvae to wait 6 mont…

  10. tempest
    Started by tempest,

    Hi all, I have my assessment centre process is in around 4 weeks time (12th September). My main concern is I am trying to juggle too many balls with no time to devote in preparing for this assessment date. You see, I have recently been promoted at work (but still want to join the force), and it is taking over my life (social part included) as I still have to continue to support my old department until they find suitable replacements (as well as training to do my new role). I am also trying to fit in friends and family, so when I do have a spare 5 minutes, i'm knackered and demotivated. Can anyoen offer me any guidance or moral support? Much apprec…

  11. aShLeY1546620273
    Started by aShLeY1546620273 * ,

    Hi everyone, just a quick question, don't know if anyone will be able to help. I'm really interested in joining the west midlands police force as a police officer, but at the moment the recruitment is closed. Does anybody have any idea when they will be recruiting again? Whether this year or next year or even when its likely giving recruitment dates from past years? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 411 views
  12. StrathclydeK
    Started by StrathclydeK,

    Hi I have been reading that a few are going up to Jackton to run, is this ok can you just go up and train on their grounds. My initial SET/fitness test was for 10 August but I have been suffering from 'Shin Splints' on both legs and then 2nd degree burns from the ice packs that were put onto my legs to repair, its now 4 weeks , force training centre were great, they have given me a new date 11 September at 5.30pm so hopefully the legs will be fixed by then - in the mean time along with physio I have been running on the treadmill only being able to get to about 12 min but in great pain. Also on a bike for some low impact exercise. Been studying hard with my past papers bu…

    • 2 replies
    • 176 views
  13. Josephine2008
    Started by Josephine2008,

    I have my SET/Fitness test on the 11th Septmber and I am looking for someone to out running with

  14. Fury
    Started by Fury,

    Hi Can anyone please tell me what they check for at the medical, ie eyes, hearing, weight, height etc Anything else? thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 331 views
  15. LouSmiler
    Started by LouSmiler,

    I have my PIRT tomorrow. Hopefully you guys can answer this before tomorrow!! On the letter it says "casual dress is quite acceptable" Should i go in smart jeans and smart t-shirt or what? Its only the Initial recruitment test, not the actually a/c weekend.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.