Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. herbster00
    Started by herbster00,

    Hi, Just wondering if some people in the know can tell me if there are any further stages of west mids recruiting after the a/c than background checks, fitness and medical. I have passed the a/c, does this mean there is a job offer just pending the outcomes of both the checks, medical and fitness tests? Thanks in advance

  2. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hello, Was wondering if someone could please put my mind at ease. I heard on my assessment day from another candidate that just to pass the maths question , you need to get 18 correct out of 25. Can anyone confirm this or not? - I really hope this is NOT the case as I only got to question 19!

  3. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    I sit my assessment for the MDP in July. The pass mark is 55%. If I manage to attain higher than 60% (the home office pass mark) can I transfer the application results to a home office force and continue the process with them? I'm only asking because my circumstances may change in terms of where I'm living so just looking into what options may be available. The MDP assessment centre is Centrex as well but includes an additional firearms assessment.

  4. Laura83
    Started by Laura83,

    - i know what the partnerships do who work with the police, but where can I find solid examples of the types of organisations that work in partnership with the police? Thanks guys L x Paper sift .. passed Nov 07 A/C - Passed Feb 08 Fitness Test - Feb 08 Passed Final Interview....coming soon!

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  5. sam the man1546620267
    Started by sam the man1546620267,

    Hi guys, Right.... I have just left school and I am 16. I am currently set down to do ICT at college in September providing I get the grades. But in the last few weeks I have been thinking of doing Public Services at college and then applying to become a Police officer after the 2 year course. I also know a few people that go to police cadets as a social thing (dont know much about what goes on there...i have never asked them) which I am thinking of joining. I have always wanted to become a police officer ever since i was little but then i started to get into ICT but i have found it boring recently and want a little challenge and want to become a PC. I watch allot of p…

    • 7 replies
    • 522 views
    sam the man1546620267
  6. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Please, I have my a/c in a just over a week and I would like some help in writtinge a letter when solving problems. 20mn isn't alot of time (at least for me). Can anyone could help me to maximise my chance of passing the test. I guess there must be a recognised template and what sort of questions we will be asked(I know the list can be endless). Thanks, phil

    • 1 reply
    • 123 views
  7. Ian M
    Started by Ian M,

    Hi I have got my interview and medical for GMP in June and whilst any tips would be appreciated for my interview,i have searched various sites and cannot confirm the location for training weeks 3-17 National Police Training Centre,can anyone confirm exactly where this takes place? Cheers Ian

  8. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Calling all female applicants, have any of made use of the fitness postive action sessions forces are meant to offer to women? If so were they of use?

  9. j_links
    Started by j_links,

    hi was jus wondering if any1 knows the strathclyde eyesight standards for people not wearing glasses, seems to b diff for lots of forces, i have seen the home office standards and some scottish forces seem to b diff. any advice would be much appreciated. cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 126 views
  10. county7921
    Started by county7921 * ,

    Just wondering how long the actual medical examination takes? About an hour or so? Have it next week! Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 80 views
  11. jim_mids
    Started by jim_mids * ,

    Hi, Dont know if anyone can help with this question... I am just coming to the end of my two year probation period , nearly finished the dreaded NVQ ... however , earlier this year I had a period of about 5 1/2 months off sick and on restricted duties due to a back problem. Training have told me that to extend my period of probation by 3 months they need to start reg 13 procedures ... anyone know of this is correct? There is no issue with competence or ability , this is purely to allow an extension of the probationary period. Thanks in advance!

  12. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Dear All Today i got a letter saying i had failed my background checks. I have no Convictions and work as a Prison Officer, my family work in the nursing profession. I believe it may be because i have a very poor credit rating. I have not had any CCJ or been bankrupt. Can anybody give me any advice please as recruitment will not give any answers. Gerry

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  13. mranderson
    Started by mranderson,

    Just passed my fitness test today. Thought it was fairly easy until I realised I passed then my legs stopped working so only got a score of 5.6! Must have been a psychological thing I think!! Just some references to chase now before the medical is booked!!

    • 1 reply
    • 84 views
  14. tcaf
    Started by tcaf,

    Hi all Ive recently sent off the application forms and contrary to everyone else it seems I worry more about getting all the details of my past correct than the competancy questions. My current worry is this : I think I may have been exactly one year out with one of my previous addresses. Do I tell them when Im not even sure that A) I did get it wrong or B) They give a monkeys as long as all addresses are on there, or will that just get the form screwed up in a ball and thrown into the muppets bin ? Also the months of residency at addresses when going back 10 years were a bit of a guessing game when we start talking about years 1998 - 2000. I also have issues with the…

    • 7 replies
    • 472 views
  15. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hello, could anyone tell me what the percentage is for the maths and english tests is to gain a pass for West Mercia? Also, how long do the tests go on for and how many questions are there roughly? Any help is much appreicated. Luke

    • 8 replies
    • 569 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.