Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Got a letter yesterday telling me my medical is on 27th August. also received a letter today telling me they are looking at 27 October as a start date and if I was available. Anyone else heard anything???????????
-
as per topic title.... Am now awaiting the A/C in early September..... Its for the Cheshire constabulary!!!
-
hi. i am waiting for my medical and security and ref checks. does anyone know roughly how long until training will start
-
Hey everyone, can anyone give a bit of detail of positive action and positive discrimination? I understand positive action, but not so up on positive discrimination, I know it is unlawful, but thats it.. can any one help? Thanks!! L
-
Does any one know at what stage recruits find out the location they will be posted, is it after training or will we be told before?
-
Hi, I am waiting for my assessment date to come through at the moment and have been reading books I have brought off amazon. I thought I'd just ask how you got on ?, if you have attended. I am a little nervous as I have wanted this job for so long. thanks
-
First post on here so be nice! After a long time of humming and hawing about it I've finally contacted the HR team at Northern Constabulary and have an application form sitting in front of me. It all looks good (even if that application form is one of the most intimidating I've ever seen!) but my only worry is that I have previously suffered from depression and that this may prevent me from joining the force. I've been fine for the last 4 years and am generally fit and healthy. However are they likely to look at this and decide that I wouldn't be fit for service? Ta in advance.
-
-
Evening all, Can someone help please, i am due to start with wmp on the 15th September and need sort my finances in preparation for this date. I currently recieve my pay on a weekly basis however i am informed that wmp pay monthly. When i leave my current employment on the 13th September i will recieve 2 weeks pay, and am concerned how long this pay will need to last me. I need to know what date is pay day in wmp and whether i will recieve a full months pay (all of September) or just the days i have worked (from mid September to the end?????) By the way for anyone who did not know the seminar for September starters is Tuesday 19th August. Thanks for your help, J
-
In the interview considering the competencies can you discuss more then one instance for example “I showed resilience when I was...... But also whilst doing..........†Or do you have to only discuss a single event or instance? And are you allowed notes/pointers whilst in the interview? Thanks Harry
-
So 3 years after my first application and I'm due to start my trainng on Monday... I finished my current job Yesterday and it was honestly the best feeling in the world! I'm really excited but s***ing myself too! :smiley_vomit: I've never been so nervous... dont think i'll sleep this weekend! Its crazy that I've had 3 years to prepare for this day yet I feel like I should've done waaaay more!! anyway not got any questions for anyone, just thought I'd do a post! Oh and lots of thanks to the ones who have helped me over the application process... wish me luck! :whistle2: lol x Joanne
-
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi - Just wondering if anyone had heard any rumours about probationers being put into community policing teams for 6 months - 2 years during their probationary period? I had my intial last week and they made a joke about getting used to being on a bike, just wondered if anyone had heard about this as nothing on website? I am more than happy to be in one of the Compol units in division if I make it through but just wondered if anyone had any info on it (just in case they bring it up at the final interview?) thanks!
-
Hi Everyone, I am based in Reading (and my girlfriend has decided I will remain so!) I've just passed my A/C with the met and have been given my borough preference sheet. I have picked my 'top 4' although I don't know what my chances of getting them are! I can't make my mind up on the last 2. Does anyone know if it would be easier to drive to Hounslow and Hillingdon, come into central London and use the tube to somewhere like Camden, Islington or take the slow train to Waterloo and get off at Richmond or somewhere like that? Has anyone got any experience of these commutes? I figure that if I pick small boroughs they'll be less scope to be posted closer to the N,S or E…
-
in the process of getting my medical questionnaire signed off but my gp surgery has been really vague in the process of doing this so have made an appointment to speak to my doc, am i right in thinking i fill in the form, ie tick yes/no, then leave it with my doc to check it over and sign it? OR do they fill in the whole form and i do nothing? i've ticked the one's i definitely no are right and their are a few i'm not sure whether they count or not, a bit confused
-
- 17 replies
- 267 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone im applying to join my local force in september first application was unsuccessful but a quick question my credit report has 1 default on it however it is a balanced satisfied i know it stays there for 6 years will this hinder my application at all?