Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi mate have we filled out vetting forms already for tvp? i cant remember. my friends hubby whos just got his start date reckons i might have filled them out when i applied? or do we get them when we pass the medical? he said he took his to his fitness but he transferred from hampshire and got sent the forms as soon as he did the transfer confused.com! anyone else who might be in the know too pls advise! :) laura x

    • 6 replies
    • 455 views
    jonathan123456789
  2. kumiko
    Started by kumiko,

    got through all stages with GMP and told in July they'd try get me on Oct intake, just received letter saying I've not been accepted because of checks. They wont let me know which checks let me down as they're 'confidential' but surely I should be able to find out what's let me down from someone!? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I can't believe I've put myself through all that for over a year just to be let down at the last minute.

    • 9 replies
    • 509 views
    Times_champion
  3. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Is it beneficial to have your own lap top for training e.g getting essays and things done in the evenings whilst residential rather than wasting time and then having to do tons at the weekend when you go home??

    k1ngy1546620134
  4. marz 31
    Started by marz 31,

    I sent my passport off to the passport agency to get it renewed and my driving licence has been taken by DVLA to put points on it. I am aware in the letter that it stated to bring a photographic prrof such as the passport or driving licence, otherwise entrance would be refused!! What do i do!! I have other photo id such as my University Work ID, International Students Card, Local Governemnt work ID. Would i still be allowed in with these documents?? Appreciate any responses. Oh and my assessment is tomorow.

  5. jonny.H
    Started by jonny.H,

    Hi all Anyone else got their fitness test for Herts on 8th September (mines 8:30 am)

    • 2 replies
    • 85 views
  6. thamesvalleypolice2008
    Started by thamesvalleypolice2008 * ,

    i was just wondering do you need a passoprt to join the police?

    • 2 replies
    • 121 views
  7. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hi, I haven't been accepted or applied or anything like that, yet. Merseyside are taking on applicants as of the 22nd September, so I will be then; hopefully. I've seen on the Application Form you have to answer questions about were you have been in certain situations, and how you dealt with it - and I believe you are asked that during the Interview, aswell. I haven't been in any kind of situation like that, I mean what do I say? do I make it up? Thanks, any advice would be appreciated. :)

    • 5 replies
    • 287 views
  8. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    :smiley_vomit: Hey all, Just wanted to thank everyone who's posted on here, not just to my queries but to all. As the topic title suggests I failed to get into Merseyside this time around. I failed the Force interview...absolutely gutted and I'm not ashamed to admit that I did shed a tear...I want this so much. Bring on the next 6 months cos when I go back into that interview room I'm gonna blow them out of the water (in a good way of course). Congrats to all who get through and comiserations to those who don't. Keep your chins up...we'll get there. Thanks again folks, Thesp

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi myself and DRJ are looking for other essex police applicants whom are at the fitness/medical stage. likewise does anyone know of potential start dates for new recruits coming up? december/january time? thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 222 views
  10. Josephine2008
    Started by Josephine2008,

    Hello everyone, I just did my mile and a half in 16mins 38 secs. I have my test in 4 weeks - do you think it is possible to knock 2mis 30 secs off it in 4 weeks?? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 195 views
  11. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Hi folks, my a/c date will be 22nd aug. Just got my topic for my 5mn talk. Very debatable indeed.Anybody else for this date? Cheers, phil

    • 3 replies
    • 108 views
  12. kpeter201546620256
    Started by kpeter201546620256,

    Hey all. Just passed final interview 2 weeks ago for gmp and have a question about security and vetting checks. 3 weeks before my final interview I got a letter from gmp saying I had failed the vetting and security checks and thought that was it..........but the next day recruitment called and said there had been an error and I would get a date for final interview......so I was happy. I am now waiting for medical/fitness and have noticed that some people have their checks after the final interview, has anyone had these checks done before the interview?? I always thought that these checks were done after medical/fitness tests? Mine seem to have been completed before. …

    • 3 replies
    • 388 views
    Times_champion
  13. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Well, just passed fitness with GMP so should hopefully having my medical shortly. The thing is, one of my work colleagues didn't know how to delete his history on his computer (didn't ask why he wanted to) so I said I would show him. So after work I went round to do it. We were in his kitchen when he lit what I thort was a cig, I smoke so no worries. After a minute or 2 i realised it was a cannabis resin joint. I stuck my t-shirt over my nose n said I didn't like the smell. He was only smoking it near me for about 3 or 4 minutes, so my question is, should i worry for my medical? Will this be picked up? Can they tell it was passive? And also what is the best way to detox …

    • 8 replies
    • 485 views
  14. chrisglover41
    Started by chrisglover41,

    Anyone who recently had their GMP final interview heard anything about dates for the fitness yet? I spoke with recruitment a week ago and they said would be sometime in September, just wondering if anyone else waiting for their fitness has heard anything similar or different?

    • 6 replies
    • 128 views
  15. Sucre7
    Started by Sucre7,

    Hi all Can anyone who has already recently started training at Hendon please tell me when you are issued your warrant card? just been checking rail fares and without it I'll have to pay £170 a week in travel alone! Also what day of the month are you paid? Thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 4.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.