Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. flo22
    Started by flo22,

    my final panel interview is in a week - only got 1 weeks notice from recruitment if any1 has been through the process and can tell me of there experience i would be very grateful :smiley_notworthy:

    • 6 replies
    • 360 views
  2. brooke
    Started by brooke,

    hello all. can anyone help me, does anyone know. i completed the assessent centre in december 07 and passed. i have since withdrawn my application from that force in order to join the force that was my original first choice. i could not apply to them originally as they were not recriuting at that time. now they are recruiting hence my transfer. (sorry i'm rambeling!) does anyone know wether i will have to retake the assessment centre again or will the fact that i have already completed it and passed suffice. any advice will be much apreciated. thx

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  3. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    After reading into the recruitment process for Strathclyde in particular I have noticed that there are no compentecy questions within the application form (unlike the majority of the english forces). There is also no mention of an assesment centre for the Strathclyde recruitment process, is this true? also can anyone shed any light on the 1st interview process for me? As Strathclyde have two.

    • 1 reply
    • 268 views
  4. marz 31
    Started by marz 31,

    Hi All I had my Day 1 assessment last week and for the written assessment, for some reason i wrote in CAPITAL LETTERS, this was for a report addressing a complaint from a memebr of staff. I have been stressing now thinking whether i will get penailised for writing in Capital letters?? HELP!

  5. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    what are the six strands of diversity, i have managed to locate 5 of them in my searching. Age Disability Gender Religion / belief Sexual orientation ??? What is the sixth if anyone could be of help. [EDIT : I belive its Race, thanks anyway]

    Garmin1546620156
  6. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hi am just revising for my final interview in the GMP. Aswell as the 4 papersift answers I have learnt 7 competencies examples aswell. Also I have checked out the initiatives GMP have as well staffing numbers, facts about Greater manchester, crime figures and also answers too all the questions pinned at the top of this forum. Is there anything else I should do to prepare? Cheers. Sam

    • 3 replies
    • 179 views
  7. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, I was wondering if anyone can shed any light onto the process as I have heard a couple of 'rumours'. I'm about to go to the AC on Sunday, which is fine, however, when I received my letter to say I was succesful on the paper application, they said that after AC it would be fitness test. I have spoken to someone who went through the process just over 6 months ago, for Merseyside, and he's said they have now introduced an interview after the AC. Can anyone shed any light on this matter? Thanks

  8. nath1546620223
    Started by nath1546620223 * ,

    nfa

    nath1546620223 *
  9. Jo 84
    Started by Jo 84,

    Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help, I am in the process of starting to apply for a place in the Met Police, I have recently read on here and having spoke with the HR department that you maybe refused due your credit rating. I do have some issues many caused by university and missed payment because of being unemployed at one point. I was wondering if anyone new if you join a debt managment compnay does this help or make it worse? Also what is exceptable and what isnt? If i keep all payments up to date for 3 months and no CCJ's would i pass? Any help gratefully recieved

  10. The Peds
    Started by The Peds,

    Going through recruitment at moment and so far so good. Wanted to ask folks recently in the job a few questions if possible. As said, all comments gratefully received, and please be honest. 1. Good job or bad job? 2. Is it what you expected? 3. If you knew then what you know now, would you still have joined? 4. What is an average day like? 5. Is there too much paperwork and not enough 'on the streets' policing? Cheers for your time. Pedro

    • 0 replies
    • 528 views
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Over the last couple of months GMP seemed to be getting through most of their outstanding final interviews, and on here I always noticed people either having an interview or getting dates through. As far as Im aware from checking this forum though the last interviews were held last week and noone has been called with any dates for upcoming interviews since then. I had my a/c on march 11th and as most people who have just had interviews had their a/c in jan/feb I may not even be on the next batch so its frustrating they arent getting through them! Is there anyone who has had a date through recently? If so when did you take your a/c? Anyone else waiting for a date getting …

    • 9 replies
    • 419 views
  12. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    i am having to fill out the security questionniare. on the front page titled General Details. i have to write my grade/rank/job title. and then below my firms name. Now is this details on my current employer or is this details of the police ie the firm being the constab i am applying for please help !!

    • 11 replies
    • 582 views
  13. mattboniface
    Started by mattboniface,

    Hi everyone, I've just sent in my application for MET. I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but if I get through the papersift, I hear it's tough on your day 1. Has anyone got any hints or tips about what to expect? Cheers, Matt

    Times_champion
  14. tyrrell_matthew
    Started by tyrrell_matthew * ,

    Hi there, I'm thinking of applying to the MDP, and I was wondering about how far away I would be required to travel if i wanted to stay in Poole? I have a young family and don't want to move. I'm ex-RN (only 6 months - left because of injury) but was thinking there would be a station for Hamworthy or some of the Army camps nearby. Or at the very furthest Southampton docks. I do know that there is one in Portsmouth but that is a bit far. If anyone could give me some help on this that would be great. Thanks a lot

    • 1 reply
    • 213 views
  15. casco
    Started by casco * ,

    Has anyone got a place on gmp october intake yet? Is anyone waiting for confirmation of a place like myself?

    • 3 replies
    • 407 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.