Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I am due to start on Oct 13 (once i finish my Pre-joining fitness test) and was just wondering if it is worthwhile getting myself a laptop to aid in my studies. I have a PC at home but was thinking it maybe beneficial to have one. Are you allowed to take one with you or is it all straight forward write on paper in a folder type learning? Would it be better to have one for presentations etc i may have to produce and take with me? Any guidance on the type of learning would be helpful. I am joining TVP (Milton Keynes/Buckingham) if that makes any difference Thanks
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I have my final interview on Monday and am just wondering if anybody can give me any tips advice etc etc.. Regards Michael
-
I passed my medical for thames valley yesterday and am waiting on my formal offer but should be starting on the 18 August. Two long years waiting finally almost over Anyone else got the same start date and any idea what first couple of weeks will involve?
-
Hi, wondered if anybody could help me. In 2003 I was prescribed a brief course of anti depressants (2 months) for a bereavement. I have never had any other problems and was only on them for 2 months. I declared this on my medical form and my doctor signed it and confirmed it was only mild depression for a brief spell. Do you think this is likely to affect my application?
-
- 5 replies
- 316 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Just read this on another thread.. ""I waited that long that i was in danger of having to do my A/C centre again as the pass is only valid for twelve months. Luckily i received mine in time and the rest is history as they say"" Is AC pass only valid for 12mnths and then have to resit? I did my AC for WYP December 2007, my medical is estimated to be in december with start date not before april 09! Thats well over a year. Colette.
-
I got my long awaited letter on friday to say I had passed the AC!!! my final interview is the 28th Aug and fitness test is the 29th Aug! Suffolk never seem to give a great deal of notice!!! Can anyone give me any pointers on things it would help to swot up on for the interview etc and any advice? Also is there anything I could do to improve my chances of the fitness test too, I know Im not as fit I should be but working on it as much as I can im cycling, doing some weights, rowing and doing a bit of running...any suggestions??? I know it isnt important in the grand scheme of things but does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear for the fitness test? should I cha…
-
Hello, On page 1 of the downloaded PDF application there is an area that states "Aided Vision" within the "personal particulars" area and to delete whichever does not apply. On hovering the mouse over the small box next to "yes" (which I assume I should delete as I do not require aided vision) it quotes "Aided vision? yes". I was wondering if you could tell me what box should be highlighted to provide the correct information. Again, I do not require aided vision. S
-
Hi all Tell me, really how difficult is the push/pull tests? I am training for the bleep test and finding it not too difficult. Would I be able to pass this without having to spent a fortune in the gym? Will pull-ups and push-ups suffice for training? Cheers
-
Hi, I got my call yesterday offering me a training place in October. I got my pack today and I new have to give them my Borough choices (again!) Can anyone give advice on any Boroughs that they have come in to contact with. Someone I know who worked in Westminster says I should go for there but then others have said it's mainly public order and will get repetitive. I live near to London Bridge so location wise Lewisham would be good and I've heard that it's quite a 'busy' borough.. Anyone have any advice on Boroughs?
-
Hi all, just recieved a letter with a date for my fitness test with GMP - 24th Sept at 1600. Cant wait, got one month to prep :) Has anyone else recieved fitness test date?
-
Hey, I had my assesment centre a couple of weeks ago and got a letter thru last week saying that I had "successfully completed the assessment centre." Does this mean that i am definately progressing to the next stage, or does it depend on what mark i passed with because of the whole 50/50 thing? I've heard so many conflicting views on this and its all really confusing! Its the PSNI ive applied for. Help?! Jay
-
- 5 replies
- 188 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I sat my SET test on Sunday 10/08. Does anyone know how long it takes for the SET results to come through? Cheers
-
Hey, I'm new to the forum, so hi. I would just like to know what the application process is from start to finish? And also, if possible, general time frames. I understand this might be a bit much to ask, but I am currently travelling in Australia until Feb 09 so I was wondering whether to start preparing now and applying just before I get back to England or whether it would be better for me to wait until I was back in the country and then apply just incase I was given a date for an interview/medical/fitness test that I won't be in the country for. Any help/information would be really appreciated. Cheers Lee
-
My assessment day is Wednesday (20th) and I have been practising my talk like mad, pouring over newspapers and watching the news avidly, been reading as much as possible all the forces Diversity policies (they are like war and peace), and trying to remember the force philosophy. I know about some of the tasks we'll have but I think that quite alot of it is going to be sprung on us. So if anyone has any last minute advice I would really appreciate it. Its Central Scotland I am applying to by the way.
-
- 4 replies
- 157 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am starting with Kent is September, although I have not been given my uniform yet I do have the boots already. Would you advise to wear these on the first day or wait until I have been given the uniform before I wear them? Also anyone knoe the hours of work while training? Thanks Stu