Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Alpha11
    Started by Alpha11,

    Got my OCU today...k1 it is!! Anyone based on there now who can tell me what its like?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. GordyP
    Started by GordyP,

    Hi New to this so cheers for any responses I may get.... I have my initial interview for Strathclyde in a couple of weeks, and since i only actually got my date last week - which hasn't given me a lot of time to study - am beginning to panic a bit! Got a visit arranged with my local station and i'll be speaking to a couple of officers i kno during the next week, but until then it's difficult to know exactly what i should be studying! Have been reading up on some policies/stats/division info etc from the strathclyde website, but other than that i'm not exactly sure which areas i should be studying?! Any study and interview tips would be great!

    • 16 replies
    • 663 views
  3. Nicayu
    Started by Nicayu,

    Hi Everyone I have my assessment centre in Sept and up until now have not had too much problem with the maths side of things. I am currently looking for a new job (0ther than the obvious)and recently sat a test for a position at Stechford Police Station, Birmingham. The maths test that I got during the testing session was much harder than I expected, it started off ok and just got harder and harder. I have since found out that I didn't make the grade for this particular role. It could have been one of the other tests I did, but I am now worrying about the maths. I have been practicing my maths by doing the tests that are in the various "How To Pass Police Selectio…

    • 2 replies
    • 107 views
  4. blank_182
    Started by blank_182,

    Hi Guys! I hope someone can fill me in on the 14weeks Probationary Foundation Training. * Does this training vary by force? I'm thinking of applying for the CNC. * What sort of areas are covered? * How much "Health and Fitness Training" is involved? I don't fancy just spending 14weeks in a PE lesson. Also, is it tested? Thanks in advance, Ian

    • 3 replies
    • 626 views
  5. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hello everyone, im off to my medical in one hour, what should i wear? I take it i dont have to be dressed really smart for it?

    • 1 reply
    • 379 views
    jc.fuller@talk21.com
  6. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    just got back from the interview at gmp, i've passed so a chuffed little camper now, good luck to all who have their interviews this week. just be yourselves and you'll be fine.

    • 28 replies
    • 392 views
  7. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hello everyone, im off to my medical in one hour, what should i wear? I take it i dont have to be dressed really smart for it?

    • 1 reply
    • 147 views
  8. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    Passed the GMP medical today, it really is nothing to worry about. The nurse and the doctor were really friendly.

    • 6 replies
    • 126 views
  9. stuartc1546620270
    Started by stuartc1546620270,

    Hi I am due to start as a Student Officer next month & thought it would be a good idea to start learning now. I have seen on the internet a Audio Learning CD package which covers most of the sections in the IPLDP. Would anyone know if a Audio CD would help or is it best to wait until the tutors have suggested what material to get? thanks Stu

    • 2 replies
    • 486 views
    stuartc1546620270
  10. Ricardo
    Started by Ricardo,

    Anyone here know if the Met have a final interview (for Police Officers)? Been looking around and haven't seen much info about it. Some folks in here who have Met sigs don't mention anything about it either. I swear I heard they do though. Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 146 views
    Jacko281546620200
  11. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    Hiya, I'm due to start on 15th September, got the "call" today, must of sounded like a right idiot, because i was expecting a call from someone else! Anyways: 1. What is the price for the gym 2. What are the rough opening hours 3. What sort of machines, free weights etc is there? Need to know, because i will join another gym down the road which is mint, but expensive! Thanks in advance! Dan

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
    grobson1546620111
  12. TomJoyce1546620270
    Started by TomJoyce1546620270,

    Hi, Can anyone roughly advise how long I should expect to be asked to attend the Fitness and Medical tests after the completion- and hopefully pass of the assessment centre? Reason that I ask is that I , typically, I holidays booked Around 3 weeks after the A/C and don't want to miss out on anything. Holidays are to Florida and flights are paid for- so you can see my predicament. If push comes to shove the holiday will be axed. Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 115 views
    Times_champion
  13. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    I am due to start with Essex in 2 weeks ahhh! Obviously i am overcome with excitment , but i have still not recieved a formal offer letter. I ahve spoken to one other guy on our intake and he hasn't either so i feel a bit better. But does anyone know when i should recieve it ..can they leave it really late? Please does someone have any advice???!!! I have spoken to recruitment and all they say is be patient Thanks

    Hector1546620152
  14. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys, had my Met A/C on one the 2nd Aug soooo my results are a tiny bit late, im hoping they will come in the post today!! i hate all this waiting, although im pretty sure i failed!! did anyone really really think they failed and turned out to have past? i hope this is the case for me Nikki

  15. slogan12
    Started by slogan12,

    How quickly after final interview do you receive a letter of appointment. I have both my medical and final fitness next week (both of which shouldn't pose any problems) and wonder how long it takes to be given a job offer. There is an intake on Oct 13th and would love to make that! Hopefully I'll be able to hand my 4 week notice in on time at my current employers to make it.

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.