Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rob86k

    I have heard that the application process form start to finish can take 9-12 months. Does anyone know the rough/averiage timescales of each stage of the recruitment process? e.g. papersift, assessment centre and medical. I know it varies from each force but a guide would be great. I'm going to be doing my final year of my degree starting sept 08 but i want to start the police around the time i finish. Therefore, I'm thinking of applying for Herts police in either oct/nov (think that should be about right?), how long from then will it take me (granted i pass each stage) to be a fully fledged member of Herts police force? And as i finish my degree in jun/jul 09, does thi…

    • 3 replies
    • 434 views
  2. casco
    Started by casco * ,

    Hello all Has anyone heard anything from GMP about starting in October. I've been waiting over 3 months now since my medical, torture.

    • 1 reply
    • 358 views
    Paul C1546620148
  3. navarone
    Started by navarone * ,

    Has anyone else out there got the same date? Is the 1.5 mile run outside or is it the shuttle run? Any advice appreciated. Cheers!

    • 11 replies
    • 339 views
  4. grinner82
    Started by grinner82,

    Hi, first post! Has anyone heard of the date for the next Cleveland intake, I have heard two dates of october and November but this has not been confirmed. Just trying to work out how much time I have left in current job! Also if any cleveland hopefulls out there would be great to hear from you! Many Thanks Richard. Applied: June 2007 - Passed PIRT: 5th July 2008 - passed Medical:4th August 2008 - Passed Medical: 12th Ausust 2008 - Passed Fitness: 4th September 2008 - Pending Uniform Fitting 29th September 2008 - pending

    • 10 replies
    • 723 views
    TomJoyce1546620270
  5. danni1990
    Started by danni1990,

    Hi I am a 17 year old girl and i turn 18 in 4 months when can i start training and join the police? Also does my familys crimial past effect me from getting a job in the police? Hope someone can answer me soon danni

  6. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I had my assessment centre yesterday and got the email last night to say I had passed! Yaye am sooo happy! It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, our assessors were brilliant and really help to put you at ease. And I also had a fab group too - just 5 of us and we all gelled together really well which I think really helped too. Next stage: Panel Interview!

    • 5 replies
    • 223 views
  7. Micklemuss
    Started by Micklemuss,

    Gutted!! Having already been given a provisional start date of November 2008 and planning my life around this I am some what totally gutted to have taken a phone call from recruitment today. Due to financial reasons there will be be no further intakes after September 08 until the next financial year! I cannot belive it, talk about a kick in the ging gangs and after two and a half years in the process I have another ten months to wait should I want to! All is not lost though as I have been offered Thames Valley but it's some road trip from Hampshire every day! apologies for this moan guys but I am so so so gutted and wanted everyone else who has had this pants news to …

  8. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Hey guys/gals, Its been a while since ive been on here.............. so again hi everyone!!! Had a very pleasant surprise today when GMP called to book my assessment centre. Feels like a lifetime ago since i submitted my application (8 months now). Ive made a big mistake of putting my prep to 1 side since i was told recruitment was on hold. Thankfully its not until Nov 25th (day after my bday), so i have plenty of time to get back into it!! Eek, they've also put pass mark up to 55% Just wondering how many other people had the eagerly awaited call? Also have there been any changes in the assessment centre over the last 6 months? Andy

    • 5 replies
    • 157 views
  9. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    ok so its been 17 days now and i still havnt heard from the MET about my A/C. Does anybody know how long you should wait before you start phoning recruitment for results? i dont want to seem inpatient but im getting there now lol many thanks Nikki

    • 7 replies
    • 514 views
  10. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    I just got an email from my mates dad who works in the force I applied for. From what I can work out from the wording, there may be a small problem along the lines of my application may have gone walkies. Its been advised that I send a photocopy - which I don't have, however I do have copies of the CPQ's that I put on the form. Having received verbal confirmation of a pass on my application - erm what is the best way forward ?

    • 6 replies
    • 824 views
    george76271546620128
  11. NorthernMonkey
    Started by NorthernMonkey,

    Hi All, I've finally decided to give it a go one last time. Here's the details (any comments welcome). I'm a 33 yr old male. I joined the Army (Royal Military Police) in 1991. I had a very minor cartilage op when I was 17 (in military service). They deemed me fit enough to carry on (I was passing fitness tests 3 weeks after the 15 minute op). During my service I regularly ran, carried kit etc etc. I have completed full and half marathons. I did the Belfast Marathon in 2007 in under 4 hours so don't think I'm unfit. I left the Army in 2001. In 1998 I attempted to join Humberside Police. I did well on everything up until the medical. The FMO at the time bin…

  12. stella68
    Started by stella68,

    Hi all, can anybody out there give me some advise please. I appied for Lancs at the begining of the year, but got turned down straight away because of my sick record and was told to reapply again in Jan 09. The thing is my sick was all genuine reasons hospital op n recover, which I did state in the app form. I was told they want to see a continuse year without sickness Now lancs are recruiting again and I really want to apply, but if I do they will take one look at my name and sick record and turn me down, which I feel is unfair, as they havnt even looked at my competencies. So if this happens I would like to appeal and to know how I can go about this. Can anyon…

    • 0 replies
    • 379 views
  13. alexander68060
    Started by alexander68060,

    Hi anyone knows how short the hair should be on the first day of training??? thanks Alex

  14. No-Go
    Started by No-Go,

    I applied to Hampshire and got B's in everything but because i didn't read the question properly for respect for race and diversity i put a wrong example and scored a D - Failed the paper sift Next i applied to GMP and used exactly the same questions but improved my respect for race and diversity question as it was wrong, low and behold i get a B grade for that but i look at the other questions which are EXACTLY the same as the ones used in Hampshire (which i scored a B) and they are mostly C's one of which was a D!!! How is it possible i score a B in Hampshire and in GMP i use exactly the same question and score a D, how are you supposed to improve? Well next i applied…

    • 4 replies
    • 732 views
  15. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone was concerned that they may have made a few spelling mistakes/grammer in the written test? . If so did you pass and what grade for the written. Am slightly concerned due to possible making a couple of spelling mistakes. I have heard that you cant make more than 4 mistakes in spelling,grammer and puntuation. I find it slightly harsh, considering some of the statements i have read written by police officers have alot of spelling mistakes. Any feed back would be great . Ps , Just waiting for my results 10 days and counting.

    • 8 replies
    • 294 views
    phil381546620193

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.