Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
-
Hi I passed my Initial Interview for Strathclyde. Got letter confirming today, onto the next stage now. Anyone else at the same stage as me. Claire
-
Hello everyone, Please could someone tell me if you reeive your living allowance straight away from day one of it is paid after your initial training please, also with your pention its not compulsory to start straight away is it? Only reason for these questions is because is have just split up from me partner and moving in on my own, trying to work out my budget!! I wont be able to afford a pention for the first few years and if i dont receive the living allowance staraight from the word go it will decrease my budget!! Any help would be great Thanks Laura
-
How long does it takes to get the A/C result? Anybody? Just feeling nervous and sleepless plus afraid the result coming in! Gosh i am so confused, I suppose it will decide my future when the mail drops into my letter box.
-
I just submitted my app to TVP. I was aware the Met were recruiting but assumed the deadline of March 09 meant they wouldn't consider apps until then. But now i know app will be considered up to that point i wish i'd applied to them. What can i do? can i transfer the app now? Thanks
-
Hi, I am currently a arv officer in North yorks and looking at a possible transfer to the Met as an ARV. I want to still live in Yorkshire and travel to the Met and lodge for the shift pattern and then homw for rest days. Can anyone tell me if this is allowed and also what are the shift patterns for the ARV's in the Met. Any advice would be good from any current serving ARV officers. Cheers Lee
-
- 18 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone, Please could someone tell me if you reeive your living allowance straight away from day one of it is paid after your initial training please, also with your pention its not compulsory to start straight away is it? Only reason for these questions is because is have just split up from me partner and moving in on my own, trying to work out my budget!! I wont be able to afford a pention for the first few years and if i dont receive the living allowance staraight from the word go it will decrease my budget!! Any help would be great Thanks Laura
-
Nightmare,nightmare and nightmare.I think i will fail...........Just have to wait now
-
I was wondering if you can use the papers for any rough workings? On the practice papers... Information Handling says: "You may use any free space on the paper to work out your answers. Your working out will not be marked." Number paper says: Page 5 of the test paper may be used for working out your answers and in the actual paper says you may use any space And Language doesn't make any mention of rough workings My question is: if I write notes on other parts of the paper (e.g. in Language) but not in the actual answer box then will I get marked down??
-
HI, I am currently applying for the regulars with D&C but dont really know any police personally or anyone who has been through this process to ask questions. In march i passed a vetting interview and then my assesment centre, and then passed my fitness and medical and have been waiting on a place at my desired area to start my 6 month training. I was phoned last week asking if im ready for 24th of November, which was amazing news! The lady said a few standard last finance and security checks would go through and then ill recieve an "offer" letter in about 2 weeks. Now for the questions, what is actually classed as the vetting and what does this entail, are these fin…
-
- 3 replies
- 385 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there i have the big day coming up (set exam and fitnes) and i just wanted to know what is the best way to practice for the info paper. I went out and got all three books of practice papers(but this only has 4 info papers in it) If you have done the info paper what was i tlike, Did you find it hard or easy etc??? Any help is very much welcomed Kind regards
-
As the post suggests, what exactly is Medical Hold? Does this mean that your application is on hold pending further examinations and investigation? Does this hold also extend to vetting, CTC and other checks also being placed on hold? I cant imagine so but was just wondering... Any ideas...? Best Paul
-
How much emphasis is put on employer references knowing that they can be and most likely will be entirely biased? 1 of my references is from uni and chances are it will be done by the university HR department rather than the actual lecturer, and the other is from my past work which wasn't that rosy but again i know the company just give out a standard reference saying what job you did and how long you worked their etc? They don't do character references?
-
HI Guys, The Lancashire application window is now open However i am not sure whether to apply now as I am currently having investigative work done on my bladder/kidneys. It hasn't lead to time off work and i am very fit and healthy but will this go against me with regards to the sickness record? Is it worth applying and getting rejected (thus showing interest) or waiting and applying with a clean bill of health (even though i will have to put it on the medical form)? Cheers in advance Hatty
-
- 1 reply
- 513 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all im looking to join the police in about a year when im 18 but im a bit of a skinny sh*@ but eat like a pig, im about 17 on the bmi thing is this going to stop me from joining the police? thanks Katie