Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    I have had my medical and the completed D4 form from doctor. I have also got the D2 form to complete and send off but what class/classes am i putting on? Lorries C, C1, C1+E Buses D, D1 It has a box next to all but i am not sure the one/ones i should be ticking. Many thanks,

    • 8 replies
    • 760 views
  2. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all. I have queries re a specific question on the application form with regard to one of the comptency questions. If possible could i email a fed etc who would be willing to view my answer and say if they think it is suitable?

  3. **Jimmy**
    Started by **Jimmy**,

    I was speaking to a colleague who has said you have to learn about 9 points of law (i.e. the most common) before you start as a student officer. The thinking behind this is that once you are sworn in, you are deployable and should know some basics. Is this true? Any other Sussex officers know which ones? I'm guessing section 5 public order, theft, assault etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Jim

    • 22 replies
    • 2k views
    Carter1546620163
  4. DRED
    Started by DRED,

    ok guys my application form for the met police went in about four weeks ago,about a week later a had a form in the post that i had to fill out for the assessment centre. does everyone get one of these? DRED2008-09-01 15:45:04

  5. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hi, I've just sent off my medical forms and they've asked for some further details on my trip to a physiotherapist. I've had problems with my RSI in my wrists. I work in a job where I'm on a computer constantly for eight hours a day which has aggravated this no end. What I'm asking is, will it affect my chances of employment? What are the rules on this?

  6. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hi All! Been readin all your posts for wks now for tips on gettin through the recruitment stages - thought it was about time I post! Ive got my initial interview comin up in the next two wks - feel like ive covered all I can think of: strathclyde mission/vision, operations/initiatives in my area, probationer timetable, tulli modules, shifts, duties, competencies. Ive talked to a probationer as well as officer whos been servin for 19 years. Any advice as to any holes in my research or tips in general? Any and all help much appreciated!!!

  7. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Hey guys. I'm 6 weeks away from getting a 204 medical discharge from the Royal Military Police. My own fault, I mentioned to the doctor that occasionally when I run, I get slight ache in my right knee. Anyway, my question is, if I apply to my chosen force (Avon and Somerset) would they ask for access to my medical history and judge me on that, or would they run their own full medical to see if I'm medically fit? Thanks, Sam.

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  8. JoDoc
    Started by JoDoc,

    Hey Everyone! I would really really appreciate any tips and or advice for my final interview coming up,eg what is the itinerary of the interview, is it...tell me a bit about yourself, then get stuck into what if scenarios? How intense is it, Im assuming I am in for a hard time? If anyone who has recently done this, can give me the jist of it, and what to aim for with regards to research and what to study, I would REALLY appreciate it! As much as I was nervous for my initial, I know from the advice from my interviewers that the final interview is something to be scared of!! :smiley_vomit: Cheers peeps. :smiley_notworthy:

    • 1 reply
    • 131 views
    Scottish_guy *
  9. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    well folks, that's it. Make or break as far as I m concern.Just finished my a/c with Central Scotland and let me tell you that was fun! Not the likes of having to write as formula one speed but to think at formula one speed too!On overal I think its really testing you. Started at 9.40am and finished at 2.50pm. I can't honestly say how well or bad I did it. Now we have to wait for a week before moving on to panel interview. phil

    • 1 reply
    • 107 views
  10. laura24
    Started by laura24,

    Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to this site... I applied to Cambridgeshire back in 2006 and got invited to an A/C in May 2007. However I had to turn the opportunity down due to unfortunate family circumstances at the time. Has anyone had to do this, and if so is this looked upon as a bad thing? The reason I ask is I am going to be reapplying next month... Thanks!

  11. Kev81
    Started by Kev81 * ,

    Hi all, I have got my fitness test date through for the TVP and was just wondering if anyone had an idea of what the average timescale between fitness test and starting date is??? I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but hoping the test will be successful and am wondering how long it takes to get going after that - I can't wait!!! Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

  12. sharlene
    Started by sharlene,

    I have just recieved my letter to do my Set Exam, fitness exam and an interview all on Sun 21st Sept. I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on how strict the process is as i am so nervous. I have been training for the fitness and reading over some maths things as i have not done it since i left school but i ma unsure how hard it is going to be HELP!!!!!

  13. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    9th July - am so sh***ing myself! I worry too much - as many have told me, but I intend to work my ass off so I wont fail! Any advice?

    • 5 replies
    • 149 views
    rossmunro19821546620279
  14. scouser_saundo
    Started by scouser_saundo,

    just a quick question... does anybody know if an overdraft is classed as debt within the police? - i dont think it is but i just want to double check.. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 377 views
    scouser_saundo
  15. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Anyone else had their call yet? I was rang today and have mine booked in for 10.30am on 30th September and I cant wait! I better start swatting now!

    • 6 replies
    • 128 views
    Times_champion

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.