Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DGE
    Started by DGE * ,

    Hello all, Does anyone have any information on if transfering from the Royal Navy to the Police force is allowed? Thanks, Dean

  2. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    I did it last year with Surrey,no need to say why i am going to this one tomorrow.All the nerves and tense are rushing back,just try to relax now.Good luck to any one going to Met assessment.

    ediblepolecat212
  3. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    Hi all, Just a quick question. With my application sift pass (Metropolitan Police) form I received a letter, confirming my assessment centre attendance, which I sent back. I also got lots of other forms including a race and diversity skills form, family details form, outstanding debts, initial vetting declaration, security vetting and a security questionnaire. My question is are these supposed to be handed in at the assessment centre? There is nothing on the letter or forms to say what to do with them, I was wondering what everyone else did with theirs. Obviously they are only of use if I pass so it seems a bit early to get all these forms. Thanks all.

    • 10 replies
    • 180 views
  4. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    : Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me advice,tips and positive attitude. I rang recruitment up today as ive been waiting 19days for results. They told me i had passed and letter was posted yesterday. Should arrive tom morning. Next stage is the Interview and typing test. This has been a great Forum and everyone has been great in helping me along the way with advise. Thanks again and if anyone needs help or tips please message me. Cheers and good luck to eveyone. Scott Ps, Will post results tom.

  5. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Just in case. If I failed at a/c, can I transfer my application to PCSO or should I wait the mandatory 1 year before re-applying anyway?The force I have applied is Central Scotland. I really want to be in the force and at my age 1 year makes a big difference.This is of course if I failed at any stages during the recruitment.Any advices are welcome. Phil

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    phil381546620193
  6. AlphaMikeHotel
    Started by AlphaMikeHotel,

    Just got my confirmation letter! Any of you crazy kids out there starting same place same time?

    • 23 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    Hi i have applied for beds waiting for medical and fitness any one else

  8. han26
    Started by han26,

    Does anyone know whether or not an IVA is allowed when joining the police?

  9. Andy86
    Started by Andy86,

    Hello people, Just curious, how long is the training for the Met? Also do you train in part at Hendon then somewhere else? The reason I ask is because I have just passed my day 2 and going through the clearance now. Thanks guys Andy

    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. sgtbob
    Started by sgtbob,

    Hi all, I have my interview with GMP on 2nd October, and would really appreciate some ideas/tips/information/advice on what i am likely to face. I appreciate that there may be some sort of secrets act that wont allow information to be imparted, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob

  11. sgtbob
    Started by sgtbob,

    Hi all, From what i gather, there has been a vast array of questions about the above subject. I have mine on 2nd Oct 2008, and would really appreciate no matter how little, a bit of advice or information on what is likely to be asked and what things i can expect to face in the interview. Thanks in advance, Rob

  12. Emily-Elizabeth
    Started by Emily-Elizabeth,

    This is a bit of a girlie questions, and as these forum pages do seem a bit male dominated I am not sure if everyone can advise - but here goes. In the next few years there are 2 things I want to do, 1 is join the Met police (or Essex/Herts if the met won't have me) and the other is to have a baby. As things stand at the moment, I am settled down in a job I am for the most part happy with. Do you think I am better off having a baby before I join the police, or joining the police and then waiting a few years before having one? I am 21 at the moment. That might seem young in a lot of people's eyes - but having slightly older parents myself I would rather have a child s…

  13. mel1977
    Started by mel1977,

    Finally had confirmation of my start date - yippee!! Just wondering if anyone else has too? Also - bit of a shy school girl question but what are we meant to wear on the first day?!

    • 22 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. Mike44455
    Started by Mike44455,

    Hi guys, I had my Day One assessment on the 17th June and then my Day Two assessment on the 29th July, i was just wondering if anyone was in the same group as me? And also if someone out there knows roughly how long it takes to recieve a start date after your Day Two assessment? Because i really want to get out of the job that i am currently in as soon as possible! Any info would be greatly appreciated! :-D -Mike

  15. Sierra Oscar1546620282
    Started by Sierra Oscar1546620282,

    First question: Is any accommodation provided for police offers or new recruits of the MET? I currently live in a rented house share. When I was looking for a room a lot of places said they only wanted people working 9-5 and not shifts. Also I'm not sure how many people would want to live with a copper as some people I have spoke to have been a bit funny about it. On an officers wage (£28k - £30k) I would not be able to rent a one bedroom flat in London on my own or get a mortgage so am just wondering about the practicalities of being a police officer regarding living agreements. I guess I could stay with my Nan if I got desperate Where have I lived for the pa…

    Sierra Oscar1546620282

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.