Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. karlgrogan57
    Started by karlgrogan57 * ,

    Hi I just got the police application form and filling it however i just got a letter for my solicitor with the report from a Professor T.Davis (Top hand & wrist doctor) and he said that my wrist WOULD get worse between the next 15 years and he says that i can not do any heavy/medium work and is concerned that I will not be able to enter the police. My question is is this true and if there anyway of finding out before sending out my application. Because assuming a pass all the stages and then go for medical and then they turn me down because of my wrist I will feel like a right blonker!

    • 1 reply
    • 103 views
  2. bassman1546620268
    Started by bassman1546620268,

    Hi, Any ideas on how long a successful applicant would be looking before actually commencing training from the day that the application form was submitted?

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
  3. hasosmirza
    Started by hasosmirza,

    Not a new topic one in a million nervous candidates talking about Day one assessment. Its not my first time as applied for MET 2 years ago and failed by a few percent and was totally gutted at coming so close. At the time of applying i was somewhat pressured into it by my dad and family and was not prepared as i hope i am now. I want this career opportunity as my bro in law is a sergant and a good friend in CID who have shown me the good prospects of becoming an officier. The worst thing is though that this being my 2nd Day one assessment i feel more nervous and pressured as i know roughly what to expect and still the numeracy is for me is the hardest part in completing…

    • 6 replies
    • 133 views
  4. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, I have a A/C for GMP on Sunday 17th August and starting to prepare for it! I've already been to one A/C back in 2006 and failed by 2 marks on the area of 'Respect for diversity' on the role play. Can anyone give me advice on what to say on the role plays as this is the area I am most nervous about. For some reason I just freeze and don't know what to say! Thanks in advance Dan

  5. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    are the application forms different depending which force you apply to? im getting increasingly worried about maybe having missed something on my form which will later come back on me... i dont remember being asked about husbands speeding offences or whether i knew if any of my listed family and husbands family had any criminal convitions... i am seeing loads of threads where people are saying about things on their form that they were asked about (for eg. partners brothers speeding ticket) but i really dont think i was asked about that. so, i am assuming all the forms are different depending where you apply to? (i hope!)

    • 5 replies
    • 409 views
  6. EssJay
    Started by EssJay,

    I'm in training for joining the police force in NZ (I haven't been able to find a NZ forum!) Anyway we just have a 2.4km (1.5mile) run for the main fitness test (along with a 200m sprint, and various physical tasks like pushing a trailer, raised beam walk, crawling under hurdles, climbing thru a window - to name a few) and I'm keen to get the run totally sorted before I carry on with the registration process. But I'm struggling to keep up the motivation to run every few days, I was really into it a few weeks ago but then I had some wisdom teeth out and with it being winter over here I stopped running while they healed.. Bad idea!! Anyone got some good tips on keeping…

  7. weephil
    Started by weephil,

    Hey Anyone else got their test on the 7th of Sept???

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views
  8. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    I've just rang the recruitment department at Northumbria to enquire about my PC application form (sent three weeks ago) and have been advised that I have PASSED the paper sift....I know, three weeks is a very quick turn around. What confused me next was that the guy said the next process in my vetting and security checks, and if I pass that, I would be invited to an A/C. Surely it's the other way round, A/C first then you get your vetting paperwork to fill in for security and vetting checks. Am I right or wrong? I am currently having my security checks for PCSO (A/C passed in early August this year). I passed the application form stage, then passed the A/C and then I'…

    • 1 reply
    • 384 views
  9. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all I recently received notice that i have failed the application form stage for a police officer. I received two b's a c and d (D Race and diversity) I missed by one mark. However to improve for next time i want to improve my R & D mark but i am interested to see what everyone think to my previous answer. so i can improve for next time. Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone’s behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. Do not use an example where the other person was simply angry or upset. Their behaviour must have been bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. You will be assessed in this question on…

  10. jamesb1239
    Started by jamesb1239,

    Hey guys, I have been lurking around these forums for a little while now since i put my application in to Cumbria Constabulary and decided that after receiving my assesment centre letter that it was maybe time to join! Slowly counting down the days until the assesment, and the nervousness is rapidly increasing. Any pointers that anyone could offer would be much appreciated. Is there anybody else attending Ryton on the 30th? Jay

    pcwannabe1545925585
  11. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    I've just rang the recruitment department at Northumbria to enquire about my P C application form (sent three weeks ago) and have been advised that I have PASSED the paper sift. What confused me next was that the guy said the next process in my vetting and security checks, and if I pass that, I would be invited to an A/C. Surley it's the other way round, A/C first then you get your vetting paperwork to fill in for security and vetting checks. Am I right or wrong? I am currently having my security checks for PCSO (A/C passed in early August this year). I passed the application, then passed the A/C and then am having my security checks carried out. I though the same p…

    • 0 replies
    • 334 views
  12. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hello all Can anybody out there tell me what is involved in the first year and 2nd year courses held at Jackton during the probationer training timetable. Any help much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 120 views
  13. manny1546620252
    Started by manny1546620252,

    ello ello ello, evening all. just wandering, i have applied to join derbyshire constabulary and will find out this month if succesful (fingers crossed) but i fancy moving down south at some point and was wandering if i dont get in now then in six months would you recommend applying to the met as appose to a smaller force as there would be a slight better chance of being accepted (as its a bigger force i presume) or it that a load of rubbish? cheers lads manny

    • 2 replies
    • 652 views
  14. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    I am working in the Family business at the moment and have been doing so for the past two years since I left university. Recruitment have asked for my current job reference and my academic references. Are they going to accept a reference from family members who run the family business. Any Advice.

    • 3 replies
    • 603 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  15. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Hi everyone i am currently applying for Strathclyde police i was hoping some of you could advise me on how much you wrote for secton 9 other information GIVE DETAILS OF ANY SPECIAL SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES TOGETHER WITH ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU MAY WISH TO BE CONSIDERED IN YOUR APPLICATION and how you phrased it all advise or examples would be very welcome.I will be going to recruitment day at Jackton on 14th sept so hopefuly that will help me Also just ordered this anyone tried it. http://cgi.ebay.com/POLICE-RECRUITMENT-GUI...VQQcmdZViewItem Thanks ........... :smiley_help:

    • 4 replies
    • 537 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.