Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    does any one have any tips for me?? am particulary worried about interview and role play? are they as bad as they seem? help me x

    • 7 replies
    • 233 views
  2. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Hello, Hello... Ive finally got my start day!!!! Is anyone else going on Saturday 25th October?? Kat

    • 1 reply
    • 116 views
  3. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, applied for a loan to get my monthly out goings down for when i move to essex. i applied for too much and my application for the loan was refused/turned down...not due to bad credit history mind you. never had ccj or bankrupt or defaults always made payments on everything. obviously i will declare this but it shouldnt go against me should it? its not down to bad credit just applying for too much when im not a homeowner. what do u think. thanks

  4. sportbilly69
    Started by sportbilly69 * ,

    Csn snyone please tell me if they have come across this one before: I have passed everything so far, the paper sift, the assessment day, interview, physical and medical and i already hold DV with my current job, so nothing is going to come up there. However, i received a phone call yesterday from Lancs police recruiting telling me that they had to reject my application. After my initial shock i asked why, the reason given was that i had accumulated eight occasions sick from work in the last 3 years. 4 of these were for tonsilitis and the fifth for a tonsilectomy when i had them out. The others were 3 individual days for 'normal' illness, D&V etc. They informed m…

  5. Aaron84
    Started by Aaron84,

    Hi, I have served for just over a year as a special for Lincs Police. Early this year I passed all the stages of the assessment process to become a regular officer only to be told due to a budget cap I’m looking at a 2010 start date! I'm thinking of transferring my application, probably to Nottinghamshire. I have called a couple of other forces but apparently not all accept application transfers. Does anyone know the pros and cons of transferring an application? Has anyone on here done it? I'm worried if I fail an interview I will be back to square one!

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  6. Rexer
    Started by Rexer,

    Anyone else just applied? I went to the recruitment event on the 27/7/08 at Fairfield Halls in croydon. my deadline was the 13th. I was told that they want to get us through within 6 months Fingers crossed I get through the first bit. Good luck to anyone who is in the same position, might see you around. Nick

  7. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    I've just heard that Hants are cancelling all awaiting start dates. Not just as in, putting start dates on hold but actually terminating all applications from new applicants down to those on the start date list. If this is true, then I am truly gutted for each and every single person who has been made to wait this long for nothing! If this has affected you, have they told you that you can transfer your application to another force? Once again, I'm gutted for everyone affected by this :sad:

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. laura1982
    Started by laura1982,

    Hi everyone, I am now at the stage where i have passed everything except for references and security, i have a proposed start date for the 20th October, so what i want to know is how quickly should i receive an offer letter, in order to give a months notice to my job i need to have this in ten days and really cant see it happening. Can anyone shed any light on how quick from doing your fitness you received your offer letter please?

    • 2 replies
    • 274 views
  9. Gazz
    Started by Gazz,

    Hello everyone I attented the Police Officer assessment centre in February 2008 for Gwent and passed but am still waiting for the next process of my application,apparantly the funding for Gwent has been reduced so there is a long delay?,just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat??

    • 0 replies
    • 254 views
  10. Dr Dog1546620279
    Started by Dr Dog1546620279 * ,

    Helllo. Anybody starting at Hendon on 8th September? Do we have the fitness test on the first day? Dr Dog

  11. djogger
    Started by djogger,

    Hi l'm just about to start my training with TVP, and was wondering if anyone knew if you can claim petrol from your house to your training on a daily basis, or do you have to pay yourself?

  12. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening [/i](depending on wen your reading this) Now usually I write MASSIVE topics but today i'm keeping it simple. How would YOU define Respect For Race & Diversity? Thank you ukpoliceonline.co.uk Dalec

    • 3 replies
    • 366 views
  13. luckylauz
    Started by luckylauz,

    Hi all, im currently waiting for fitness and medical for BTP in London, anyone in same situation or anyone done it and know of the timescales? cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 230 views
  14. lockie
    Started by lockie * ,

    Hi there I am new to this and i have just got the date for my day one (31st oct at hendon)does any one know what the average pass rate for this is. As i`m 40 and time is not on my side lol and the process to join does take a while so I just want to realy get a feel of my odds in making the mark. so any advice help or just some chit chat would be realy welcomed

  15. Shield
    Started by Shield,

    Hi guys, I will be applying to Strathclyde in the very near future, I am pretty sure that I will have no problems with the entrance exams or the fitness test (just realised how big headed that sounded ) but there is one issue that I am worried might affect my application! I have a ccj against me, from a couple of years ago...due to immaturity on my part! I have now cleared all my debts and I'm now debt free thank god! Has anybody got experience of applying with a ccj or can you tell me if this will have a negative affect? cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 788 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.