Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    does any1 know the reference procedures? do they check the two you put down and your current employer? or anything else?

    • 3 replies
    • 468 views
    jonathan123456789
  2. sleepyweasel
    Started by sleepyweasel,

    Had my assessment back on August 5th and was told that we would all hear by last Friday. One thing I did not want to do was hear over the phone that I had failed, so I held back phoning the call centre when the letter did not arrive on time. When the letter still had not arrived this morning I finally decided to make that call and put myself out of my misery. Turns out that I passed with 70% and was told that I came 4th out of 320 candidates! I had convinced myself that I had failed as there were so many things that I thought I should of done differently after I left the centre. So it's fitness now, have been told it should be in the week commencing the 22nd and it is d…

    • 10 replies
    • 444 views
  3. generalcherokee
    Started by generalcherokee,

    Hi , i am new to this forum so nice to meet you all . I am looking to apply for the Essex Police and am 23 years old. The main thing that i am worried about first and foremost is the attendance record. Does anybody know how many days you can have off and whether its in the last year or last two years. Any help would be really greatly appreciated because ive rung up the particular force im applying for twice and havent been able to get an answer! . Thanks guys

    • 0 replies
    • 495 views
  4. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    also how did every 1 find the interview? are the questions easy with common sense??? am so nervous about interview and role play, any advice would be grateful x

  5. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hey guys and gals, Was just wondering if anyone is going to the assessment centre on the 21st of October for Sussex? Might be nice to know a friendly face when I arrive. Also wondered if anyone could check what I have been doing to prepare for the A/C and see if I have left anything out and if there is anything I should be doing more of? I have been going thru my ‘how to pass the new police selection’ book, which includes maths and verbal reasoning tests. I have also been going thru my head possible role play scenarios and thinking of the structure of how to approach these from a customer service manager’s point of view. I am currently collating 2 examples of …

    • 3 replies
    • 125 views
  6. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi There, I have had my first interview with Strathclyde in July and i was told that i will undergo vetting etc checks, and since then i have not heard any thing, I am starting to worry now, they said it will take 4 weeks, but 6 weeks now passed and no news, Is there any body else who is in same boat as me!!

    • 5 replies
    • 418 views
    Haggismonster1546081062
  7. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. Does anyone know if Essex have a final interview? Or do they just require an assessment pass? Cheers, Stefan

    • 2 replies
    • 266 views
  8. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, ive just done my assessment day at Essex HQ.........wow, it really drains you. i think that i did ok but they really dont give anytnig away so i really dont have a clue. I hate this waiting around for the results.....ok i only did it yesterday but hey............ I want this so bad, i had previously applied 6 times to various forces but no luck failed everytime on th app phase......now i have had my chance i just hope i havent messed it up. will post results!

  9. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi there, i have fitness test with essex police in october (18th) anybody else attending? been training like mad can run a mile in 5 mins according to the tread mill but not sure if i believe that lol.....pretty confident i can make the 5.4 needed to pass just worried about then push / pull aspect as you cant really measure what force you can push / pull with in the gym.....can you? cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 276 views
  10. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    Attended Met Recruitment event at Stamford Hill today. After a 2 hour drive, through central London, finally got there. I know I have got soooooo far to go, but i'm excited at the prosepct, finally the wheels are in motion, just got to wait for the app, as you can't apply on line at the mo.

    • 3 replies
    • 327 views
  11. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    any 1 had a date for there medical for beds police

    • 6 replies
    • 127 views
  12. ashteya
    Started by ashteya,

    I have a tattoo on my neck, and although it's not in anyway offensive (botanic design) I can't help wondering how much that can affect my chances of being recruited. Anyone come across issues with tattoos?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Kent Tom
    Started by Kent Tom,

    Hi I am a student at Canterbury University doing my degree in Public Service Management and have to complete a research project as my final work. I have chosen to do it on the role and effectiveness of PCSO's as i am due to start with Kent Police on September 15th and is an area that I am interested in following the Kent Police Authorities report on them. I would appreciate it if you could take 5 minutes, fill out hte questionnare and then email it back to me. if youy would like to obtain a copy of the results from the questionnaire or even the final dissertaion please provide an email address. All information provided will be destroyed once used and email addresses an…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    Hi. I've just found out I'm starting on 29th September. Will have to move from Southampton so will be living on site for three weeks. If anybody else is starting, I'd like to hear from you. Or if anybody is already in training/working for Norfolk, I'd appreciate hearing from you so that I can ask some questions etc! Can't believe it's happened so fast!

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  15. Hope2B
    Started by Hope2B,

    Hi, New to the site. I have been looking through old posts on Medicals and though I would run a fresh one as you never know...things may have changed! I have my Medical and Fitness coming up. Getting a little concerned now as i'm getting mixed messages. I'm particularly confused about the medical. I did my BMI and BP test in a local Chemist and As side from the BMI test telling me I'm obese my BP is slight high 145 over 79! Weight - 12.5 Stones/80 Kilos Height - Shortie 5ft7 Age - 34 Now that everyone knows me intimately Can anyone tell me If I could fail the Medical If the test were high Such as BP and BMI. Any help, advise or experiences anyone has had wou…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.