Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark_lastresort
    Started by Mark_lastresort * ,

    Hey all, I got my letter telling me ive passed my A/C, but i was 2% off of going straight to the medical so ive been invited to attend an interview. Can anyone tell me what to expect, as the letter was a little vague. Thanks all. Mark

    • 3 replies
    • 225 views
  2. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Sunday 14 September 2008, 11am-4pm Strathclyde Police Recruitment Information Day Force Training and Recruitment Centre Eaglesham East Kilbride G75 8GR Anyone been to one of these before was thinking of going along. Hope it good info for some of you anyway........... http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/recruitment/Events/

    • 6 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. jonefy
    Started by jonefy,

    I am interested in becoming an MOD Police Officer. Does anybody have any more details on the training etc.. any information really as the mod police officer website doesn't give alot of information thanks

  4. christeamhound
    Started by christeamhound,

    Any one attending the recruitment day at Ponteland HQ on the 27th of this month??

    • 3 replies
    • 745 views
  5. caroline791546620209
    Started by caroline791546620209 * ,

    Hey everyone, I've finally had THE phone call today. Have a start date of 26th January for West Div. Anyone else starting then? I'm so excited, finally all the hard work is paying off!! Have an induction evening on 10th December too so will be able to meet everyone. Would be good to hear who else will be starting the same time Caroline

    • 8 replies
    • 754 views
  6. Hairy Brain
    Started by Hairy Brain,

    Howdy folks first post so be gentle. Got confirmation today of the date for my assesments and initial interview. Unfortunately this falls on the same day as i am due in court as a witness for the prosecution against a shoplifter. Couple of questions. Do you think this would be considered as a lawful reason to miss the trial? If not which i'm sure it's not, how accomodating do you think the recruitment dept. would be in re-scheduling. Thanks in advance Hairy

    • 2 replies
    • 112 views
  7. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    i had my assessment today and i think i failed the first roleplay i made a few valid points but i didnt get time to finish if you fail one roleplay does this mean you fail altogether

    • 1 reply
    • 197 views
  8. RocketDive98
    Started by RocketDive98,

    hey all tomorrow is my first day with Northumbria. We have to go wearing full uniform but I just realised something I never thought of asking - Do we wear our epaulettes on our shirts? Up until now I just assumed we would but just thought id better check up before I go JUST IN CASE. Cheers all Mark

    • 5 replies
    • 797 views
  9. Gooner_Nut
    Started by Gooner_Nut,

    Hi I've just been notified of my Met Police start date: 13th Oct 2008 Has anyone else been given the same start date? Cheers Gooner_Nut

    • 1 reply
    • 484 views
  10. SophieSweetie
    Started by SophieSweetie,

    Hello! i will be phoning to request an application pack tomorrow and would really appreciate any advice that anyone could offer me. at present i am living in london (moved up here to study but failed 1st year exams and was asked to leave course) til i move back down to cornwall early next year! I did apply nearly 4 years ago but didn't even get an interview, but saying that i was young and like to think i'm a bit more grown up now! i have heard generally that d&c is supposed to be quite hard to get into... is there anyway i can improve my chances? Any reply to this post will be greatly received! Thanks S

  11. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    i finally got my assessment over and done with and i was so so nervous ,i done the interview first which was a relief as this was what worried me the most !! and if the interview is anything to go by im sure i have failed !!!! i didnt no what to say and just muttered loads of rubbish i was so nervous.the rest of it i felt went ok so am not sure what to expect. xx

    • 6 replies
    • 193 views
  12. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Hi, I have my PIR test on the 11th October. I scored highly on my initial application form. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or pointers? People keep telling me I'll be fine and just to be myself! But I can't help but be worried or nervous because being a PC is all I want to do in life. Thankyou

  13. Junior
    Started by Junior,

    Hi, I have applied to TVP and have my a/c on the 19th of this month. Just wondered if anyone could tell me what to expect. I have read the all the information sent to me and the westshire pack. Just after an insight into how the day goes? And any handy tips of what to do and what not to do? Also what should i wear? To me its an interview so shirt and tie?? Really dont know!!!! Any help would be appreciated

  14. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    hi all, does anyone know if WMP use an alphabet method to go through there applicants?. I know it sounds a daft question, but my friend had is A?C today and his last name starts with a C. I applied about a month after him and my last name starts with a P, I have passed the application form but still await the A/C day. Any answers would be great, cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 513 views
  15. zubbet
    Started by zubbet,

    I have two books to give away at no cost. The new police selection system - Harry Tolley Passing the Police recruit assessment process - Peter Cox I can post to who wants them. One book per person. Please message me if you want.

    • 1 reply
    • 150 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.