Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Really nervous, about my MET A/C, I’m up on Oct 1st, any advice? I’ve gone through a good few numerical and logical reasoning exercises and that seems OK. Done a few report writing exercises and have read the Westshire pack and core competences a load of times, still can’t remember it all though. Have tried to think about the role plays and taken on some of the advice on here. And practised my interviews. What should I do now, feeling doomed.
-
hey guys, i need your collective knowledge/reasoning. I have currently lived in a shared uni flat with 4 other guys, at the end of the year 2 of the guys have disapeared without a trace. we now owe nearly £1300 for an electricity bill which the electricity company are saying must be paid in full, they don't care who by. I am sure once the new term starts the accom manager will get in contact with them but i am scared this will go against me with the financial vetting, we have not been threatened with bailiffs yet just the company telling us to pay for it but i realy ealy don't want to pay for someone else's electricity :smiley_help:
-
I was told vetting for Derbyshire would take 10-12 weeks from my physical date which was 1st July. I was then told 8-10 weeks and then finally 12 weeks or longer. I just think the time it takes is ridiculous. You pass everything, do what they ask of you and they still keep you waiting for months, I would have thought they would want to get you in there but obviously no rush. Sorry about the rant but it is very annoying, I just want to hear!!
-
...and still no news yet! So what exactly happens after that? The way i see it, one of three things can happen a) I'll get a letter saying my application has been unsuccessful b) I'll get a letter saying that i've been successful and they now start the vetting or c) I'll have been successful and they now start the vetting and send me a letter when i've successfully passed that! So all you cops, which is it? Thanks Thomas
-
Well The Weekend Is Upon Us Ladies & Gents! I'm Really Starting To Get The Hang Of This Forum So On With My Next Question, Question 3 On My 3rd Day Of Being A Member Of This Forum So Finally On To My Question......... Just Wondering Who On Here Has Applied For The Lastest Recrutiment Drive For Suffolk Constabulary?..... Be Great To Know A Few More People Who Have Applied Cheers Everybody For Your Feedback On My Bleep Test Question & How Long The Process Takes Question! Enjoy Your Weekend! Dale C
-
I was wondering whether anyone currently training with GMP could answer this for me; some of the info on the GMP recruitment site states that in your independent patrol phase of training (weeks 43-104) you could be attached to a neighbourhood policing or response team. Do you get any say on which you want to do? Although I appreciate neighbourhood policing is an importnat part of the role, I would still much prefer to be attached to a response unit as I think I would learn a lot more. I am hoping to be assigned to Grey Mare Lane or Collyhurst stations if that helps.
-
Hi there, Does anyone else know if there are any other practice papers for Maths? I have been doing the same one and I have mastered it, however I dont know if that is because I keep doing the same one. I have looked up practice ratios on the net, but its not the type that we will get on the day. All help appreicated. Thanks
-
Any ideas, There is a practical skills for probationers and a Blackstone student officer manual (unsure which one will be best or if there are other better ones)??????
-
Hi all , Just a quick question i am living in Ireland i have completed ,initial fitness,initial interview, home interview and final interview on the 25th of August and passed all they said i can not do my medical and final fitness until they get the Garda checks surely it would just be the matter of a phone call i am getting very pi**ed off as my life is on hold has anyone any experience of this or any advice on what i should do ????.... regards mick
-
Hey! This is my first post so please bear with me. I have my medical due in November and in the mean time they have given me a medical form to fill in, now my question is that about 5yrs ago I had a time where I was fainting, not a lot, but enough for me to be concerned enough to go to my doctor a few times regarding this. Now after 2yrs I finally have a start date of 5th January and I am now worried that because of this I may not get in, and I am thinking of not even putting it on the form, in hope the doctor doesn't notice! I've not fainted for over 4yrs and no longer a problem, for me anyway. Do you think this could be an issue? Thanx in advance of any respon…
-
did a kick boxing class last night. had to do shuttle sprints.....ive practiced the beep test and pass it but doing those sprints nearly killed me........ worried im not up to standard now!
-
Hi guys, I've got my Strathclyde Initial Interview in a few weeks. I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track in terms of studying/revising correctly for the interview. The following is info I've been concentrating on - The Chief Inspector and his aims for the year The 8 divisions and my divisions commander The 9 police ranks Tulliallan/Probationery Period Mission/Vision, Operational Focus, Force Strategy etc. My own skills, strengths, weaknesses, opinions etc. Is there anything quite important I've missed out or should I stick to studying the above? Cheers!
-
- 10 replies
- 7.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi guys, my initial interview is in a few weeks time. This forum has been great for advice so far on the application form and fitness etc. I am just wondering if anyone on here could give me any tips for the initial interview and what sort of information I should be researching and concentrating on in contrast to the final interview. I have read some great advice on here regarding the final interview but I'm not 100% on the initial! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-
- 11 replies
- 418 views
- 1 follower
-
-
From my understanding the police recruitment process plans to treat everybody the same regardless of personal criteria such as, gender, culture, ethnic background and age. My question as a wizened applicant of 38 years of age, is what bearing (if any) does age actually have on my application and chances of being selected in the long run. Your thoughts much appreciated guys.
-
- 18 replies
- 654 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the initial paper sift. I had a deadline of the 17th of sep which i have made but i'm just wondering how how before i should expect a response to whether i have passed this stage or not.