Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi everyone I've passed my assesment centre (cleveland) and Ive got my medical/fitness tests soon and Ive just got a few questions if thats ok, Ive read a few different posts and im getting mixed messages. Is the grip test still used as part of the test? some posts say not and others arent sure. are the push/pull tests difficult? and finally how fast do you actually run during the bleep test? after reading some posts people are saying 5.4ish should do it? (do you recomend just going till you cant go any further or stop once you have reached just above 5.4 (i.e 6). Im really sorry if these have been asked millions of times before but any help would be grateful Thank…

  2. Blues'n'twos
    Started by Blues'n'twos,

    Just a quickie, on my forces website they have vetting straight after the application, is it just my chosen force or does everyone else have a varied recruitment structure?

    • 4 replies
    • 451 views
  3. Matt1982
    Started by Matt1982,

    Hi I'm new round here, been browsing a while but yet to post! Basically I'm embarking on a bit of lifestyle change at the moment, trying to take the next step in my life. I'm 26 this week and having gone through the "mid 20's crisis" ( ) I've decided I'm not where I want to be in life, I'm in a job that although is allright I don't get any sort of satisfaction from and more worryingly I find very boring and repetetive. This led me to re thinking about the Police. It's a role thats allways interested me but one I've never seriously looked into due to fitness and weight issues. As this is another area of my life I'm not happy with I'm embarking on a health and fitness k…

    • 4 replies
    • 335 views
  4. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Ok im going to see a probational officer tonight, to ask him a few questions. What sort of questions do i ask him though!!! thanks!

    JamieP1546620297
  5. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    Hi, got my fitness test coming up soon. I'm a bit worried about it as I'm not really that fit, I can run a few miles a week jogging but I'm not particularly fast (I'm probably quite slow lol). So naturally I'm worried about the fitness test anyway. I'm quite a big lad (used to play a lot of rugby and weight lift) and being fast doesn't come natural with me lol. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any kind of warm up session or anything thats required before the shuttle test. Just so I can prepare myself for a warm up and the full test. So far to prepare I'm doing a 1 mile run a few times a week, then practicing the shuttle run a few times but Id have to say I'm n…

    • 5 replies
    • 180 views
    boxman801546620126
  6. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section...13&iid=1879 Check this out I would act quickly because I have a funny feeling that this window of opportunity may not be open for very long.

    • 2 replies
    • 360 views
  7. DeNiro
    Started by DeNiro,

    Hi, I am due to start training in Hendon in a couple of weeks and I'd like some advice about what boots/shoes I should be buying. I've been told I would need two pairs (one spare). What type of boots do I need? I've noticed that Magnum's are popular, so should I get two pairs of specific Magnum boots? There are also shoes (magnum police duty shoes)..would I need a pair of shoes as well as boots?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    hey guys!!!! im going to be doing my fitness test for the MET soon and im so worried about it. any advice?? there are so many different opinions regarding the difficulty level! many thanks Nikki

    • 3 replies
    • 217 views
    boxman801546620126
  9. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    Hey all Just sat my SET a few weeks ago and have failed the exam but passed the fitness. Waiting for new date to re-sit, anyone know how long this takes? Also anyone got any pointers as to what I should revise and do i need to re-sit fitness if I've already passed it? Ta Ozzy

  10. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    have been waiting two weeks now has any 1 else had their results back from the september kent assessment?

    • 1 reply
    • 92 views
  11. lee-c
    Started by lee-c,

    Hi all, I was wondering, If you pass the A/C do you then have to complete a further set of forms for the vetting stage or do they have all the details need from your application? When I attended the briefing before the A/C they mentioned something about this but it wasn't totaly clear. I should have asked then, I know. Can anyone clarify this for me? The force is Northumbria :-)

    • 2 replies
    • 320 views
  12. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    do they phone or get posted? had my assesment on the 10th,for kent police

    • 4 replies
    • 302 views
  13. Lantern Rouge
    Started by Lantern Rouge,

    Just had my letter today and have passed the assessment with 64% Had been on a downer for two weeks as I felt I had done so badly.Found it difficult to focus on my job today and wanted to tell everyone but due to my position I could'nt. Still don't want to get carried away as I guess there is a way to go,but still a great feeling achievement.

    • 6 replies
    • 271 views
  14. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    I read somewhere on this site that someone joined a force for a shift and got to go around with officers, just watching and taking it all in. Apparantly it was an eye opener and the person who posted withdrew their application for the time being.... or something like that. I have searched but cannot find any reference to it on here. Does anyone know what this is actually called? Im asking because I would love to do it. If it is possible to do this, how far in the process do you have to be? And finally, does anyone know if West Mercia allow for this to happen? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Luke

  15. carol25scotland
    Started by carol25scotland,

    hi, Had my initial interview on Sunday there was just wondering if anyone knows how long till you hear if you have passed as I had a friend who was covertly told that he had passed his and I was told to expect a letter in about 2-3 weeks ???? Getting different advice from different people ! Anyone any advice ???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.