Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
And I would like some insight as to what to expect in the coming weeks. So many people have told me I won't get in but I also want to know what type of things would stop me from getting in to the police force. I am 26, fit and healthy(ish) and have started running and cycling again in preperation. Can anyone shed any light on this I think if any one will know what would possibly hold me back it will be members of the police force. Any one that knows Northumbria police well would be of great help. New recruits or serving officers
-
Hello, this is my first post so be gentle please!! I have recently submitted my online application to Northumbria. After re-reading it last night I noticed that I had two typos (eg: I wrote 'an' instead of 'and'). Do these make my application an automatic fail? Also I spent a night in cells when I was 19, (I am 33 now) for D&D, no action was taken against me, but I have read on here that ANY disorderly conduct makes it unlikely that you will get through. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
-
I have a somewhat mucky past, not a record as long as your arm but have been done for things such as driving without insurance, drunk in charge & was handed a custodial for something I was found not guilty of (Basically I was up on a charge of affray, I was found not guilty but failed to appear so got custodial for that). I am now clear of anything, oh except drunk in charge (Another yr I believe) and the custodial is another 2yrs... Will that make me a definate no no, do they believe people change or is it a case of, you commited an offence, you are scum? I've been in the army but admittedly this was before all of the above. Obviously I cannot get in before my reco…
-
im look at TVP or the BTP.......can anyone tell me if they are accepting? I got 57% at the met and want to transfer my marks you see.......anyone?
-
Hello All, I have passed the papersift, assessment centre, and a fitness test with another force but wish to transfur my application to Essex Constabulary. Can anyone provide me with some details. My pass score at the assessment was 60% overall (R&D 57%, written communication 78%, Oral communication 100% and no D's in R&D). How quick are they at replying and setting dates for fitness, medial etc. Thank you for all your help :)
-
trying to transfer my met assessment results to one of those. any clues?
-
Hi, I Passed my AC for Cumbria 3weeks ago and now waiting for Fitness/medical. Have been told by recruitment the medical is likely to be at least April. Here is my concern. I fractured my schaphiod bone(a small bone in my wrist )in June,have been back to the hospial today and has not healed,this can be common due to the blood flow to this paticular bone. It seems I can either wait longer which to see if it heals,or have a oparation to put a screw in or bone graphed. If things go ok I should be able to start heavy lifting etc after 12 weeks. Does anybody know if this will pose a likely fail at the medical or is it better to allow …
-
Well I'm not paticularly hopeful after yesterdays assessment centre. On balance I thought things were going ok until I did the very last task of the day, the fourth and final role play, and made an absolute arse of it, then got caught by an assessor doing an Edvard Munch style head in the hands horrific silent scream when I left the room. (Assessed even in down time) "Are you ok Vaughan ?" "Errr... Yeah, just erm....tired" Top tip in the "sticky" , make sure you read the scenarios very carefully in your 5 minutes even though your pressed for time, then you won't go in and take 30 seconds to establish from the suprising answers your getting from the actor that you've as…
-
Hello, I passed my assessment center to-wards the end of March this year, then shortly afterwords i received my medical and security questionnaire which i filled in and returned. I know by some of the posts i have read that West Mids had a huge backlog so i was prepared to be patient. Two weeks ago i received a letter asking for the names of three people who could be contacted for a character reference these people were contacted last week and gave me references. now does anyone know when the Police force do the vetting checks do they contact the referees to-wards the end of the vetting procedure, or is it at the start.? Any information would be greatly appreciated.…
-
Got a letter on Friday to say they'd accepted my application. I'm both chuffed and terrified! The assessment centre date is 29th October so I have a month to prepare, but I think i'm going to just have that sick feeling in my stomach right up until it's over! Also it's Yorkshire, which is a bit weird Anyone else going to be at the same one? Any tips? I'm not looking forward to the role plays, but it's the interview I'm going to be having nightmares about!
-
Hello, this is my first post...finding all this information very helpful and was wondering if anyone could help me? I am about to apply to West Yorkshire Police using the Online Application form. Earlier this year I was caught speeding, I was only just over the speed limit, so attended a Speed Awareness Course. I don't mind declaring this on my application but don't believe it's a conviction? I don't want the person going through my application thinking I misunderstood the course, but on the other hand, I don't want this to show up and me not have declared it? I have called recruitment and the Speed Awareness Team, none of whom could help me with this. Any ideas? I know m…
-
Hi guys I have just applied for merseyside police but am wanting to apply to Manchester are you allowed to do this. Thanks any help appreciated
-
Good day all, I am writing to enquire in ref: to the policies of convictions and tattoo's. I am 26 years old due to embark on a year traveling around the world to engage on a journey learning more about life and more importantly myself. I have recently finished 10 1/2 years in the British Army and hopefully wish to enlist into a fulfilling career as a home office constable. However I have two problems that are bothering me I have a tattoo on each forearm. One consists of 3 small stars and on the other a piece of Art of which resembles a 'Coy' carp fairly small in size. Both are of a calming nature and in no way intimidating neither crude nor violent. My other query …
-
I am so not sure whether i have failed or just done not enough. The roleplays i kinda run out of time i thoughtalthough i managed to get solutions in at the time. I think i maybe gone over the top when people were being offensive against them. And one person when i said about <certain> guidlines they said "you dont tell me how to do this and tht" to which i had to cover my back and say sorry and i didn't mean it to sound like that . Just not sure about them. In the interview i just went through my 4 answers and hoped they worked out ran out of time but covered all that i wanted i think Ran out of time for maths and dont think i even did that well didnt do la…
-
Hi typically only just found the forum. I have applied for the West Yorkshire police, posted app Thursday just gone. Was a very short opening time, so got lucky. I have a few questions if thats ok.? At the moment im a bricklayer 27 years old bad job to be in at the moment, really need the security the police force offers amongst other things. Now my Credit record is less from perfect could possibly of just received a CCJ. basically had a letter from the court asking to get intouch with the company to arrange payment to them. The other is a parking fine in need of payment Now i really dont want to mess my App up. Is there still chance to rectifiy this or now the ap…