Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Just printing some info to remember if i get to interview stage, just wondering if someone would comfirm if this is correct. Constable Sergeant Inspector Chief Inspector Superintendent Chief Superintendent Assistant Chief Constable Deputy Chief Constable Chief Constable Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
  2. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    Does any one know how you qualify for this? Is it based on your mark at the assessment centre??

    Tim in the South
  3. jamesw1546620257
    Started by jamesw1546620257,

    Just wondering if anyone who attended the assessment centre on the week commencing 8th Sept has had their results back.

    • 9 replies
    • 266 views
    jamesw1546620257
  4. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hello all, I have my a/c coming up and was wondering what I should wear? I was hoping to go smart (trousers, shirt/plain top, jumper and some black shoes) but would I be too casual? I have suits to wear if need be. Also, are you assessed on your appearance? I heard that people are still assessed in their downtime when they are waiting etc? Luke

    • 20 replies
    • 513 views
  5. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    had my assessment over 3 weeks ago and have just found out i passed , just with 61% yay am so happy, if any one wants tips etc just ask , thanks for all the advice on here, just got to tackle fitness now x

    • 8 replies
    • 347 views
  6. geebee

    Devon & Cornwall Practical Days I dont know if this is new, just for D&C or already posted but I just found this link regarding Practical Days (Role Play basically) and Community Placement Days (2 one week placements). Looks interesting.

    • 3 replies
    • 657 views
  7. nicz
    Started by nicz,

    Hey everyone I just had my initial interview today and they told me at the end that I had passed so I juts want to say a massive thank you for everyone who helped. I also wanted to help anyone else who might be about have theirs as I know how appreciative I was for any help. They asked me: to go through my application what research have you done to prepare tell them about myself tell them what I knew about Strathclyde (I mentioned things I studied from the Chief Constables Report 2008) The 8 Divisions My division ("U") - the priorities, the initiatives in place, my divisional commander Chief Constable's name Tulli - fitness; modules; how they are taught i.e. ro…

    • 2 replies
    • 194 views
  8. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi peeps, I am wonderin to ask whether thames valley do the vetting at the start of recruitment process or some where in middle, Some body told me that they do it when you submit your application. Is it true?

    • 4 replies
    • 633 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  9. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    D&C Constabulary assessment on the 11th October...pack arrived today so all is good. Gives options for Medical/Uniform fitting dates in January 2009, so a bit of a wait again. Results for the assessment will be out 14 days after the assessment weekend. Tick. Tock.

  10. iorddonen
    Started by iorddonen,

    Hey, Was just wondering if anyone applied to Kent police in November and at what stage their application is at now. I applied in November and have yet to recieve an A/C date. I

  11. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Howdy all! I have passed into the MET - whoop whoop! Massive congrats to everyone else that has passed too - I hope to see you all soon in Hendon! I barley passed the fitness test on the day. I averaged 35kg for the push/pull machine and have obv been at the gym working on my strength. I was wondering , how fit do you have to be to successfully pass Hendon? Is it mainly lessons you do , or regular exercise/tests? I'm pretty sure I know what to expect in my training, but I do not know what to do on the fitness side/ how much is expected of new recruits? Any advice would be gratefully received! Many thanks all, Ray-ray XxX

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Sonicgod1546620245
  12. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi - I've just applied for the GMP - in the 38 hour window that there was! They say they get up to 1,000 applications?!? Is this right? i'm hoping to do well, I don't want to pin things as I'm ex army, but I work for care homes, adults with disabilities, now and we get about 50 applications a time, but only around 4 or 5 are worth interviewing. does the 38 hour window mean they do not need that many officers? will this speed up the process? HELP!

  13. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Here is an example roleplay for the assessment centre. You could also rewrite it to become the basis for writing a Porposal document. Hope it is useful. Murray - example roleplay

    • 5 replies
    • 350 views
  14. swompy
    Started by swompy,

    I took the PIRT for the specials on thursday and i just got a phone call saying i faild the test buy 8 poins. i scored 160 when i needed 168 to past. o well just waiting to hear off the regular police now about my assesment day hopefully better luck.

    • 3 replies
    • 425 views
  15. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    got my results.. overall 50% and failed..... i thought 50 - 59 was a pass with a 2nd interview i feel sick

    • 4 replies
    • 558 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.