Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. topshotter17
    Started by topshotter17,

    Hey all, I'll be having my day 1 at Hendon on 17th Oct. Hoping to join the met in the not too distant future. I know its a while yet but i was wondering how much you'll be getting whilst doing your training. I know that start pay is around 21-23k a yr but is that after you finish training or is that what you get from your start date, hopefully its the latter, :-)

    • 8 replies
    • 354 views
  2. pcparm
    Started by pcparm,

    Hi, due to start on the 27th October and after reading loads of the posts about how intesive the course work etc is going to I thought I'd do a bit of prep first. Does anyone know what books we're issued with when we start(WMP) and what recommendations for getting a bit of a head start would be? Thanks for your help.......

  3. mattboniface
    Started by mattboniface,

    I am 5'9" and 15st 10 lbs making me over the 30 BMI limit. I am fit, run regularly and have been power lifting for about 10 years hence my extra 'lean' weight. Is this a definite cut off or do the assessors see you before the decision is made?

    • 6 replies
    • 277 views
    Panther331546081361
  4. zargon
    Started by zargon,

    I am awaiting my assesment centre sesssion at the end of the month. Whilst going over the paperwork , i note there are various questions askimg me to state my experiences and understanding in relation to descrimination on the grounds of , Race, sexual preference, age etc. Should i simply put what i literaly understand them to be ? or is there more , or something i am overlooking?

    • 1 reply
    • 247 views
  5. BeckyBee
    Started by BeckyBee,

    Hi everyone, Firstly I just want to say what a fantastic forum! Full of great advice. A much needed resource! I am attending the North Wales Police assessment centre on Sunday October the 19th and I have gone from being so confident after passing papersift to feeling as sick as a dog with worry ! Does anyone have any genereal advice with regards to the A/C's, specifically, the role play's and interviews. Anyone else attending a A/C for NWP? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated I have been preparing and revising for the last 2 weeks now and still feel I am not 100%!!! Thanks

  6. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    I have spent so much time practicing the mathematics test that i havn't spent much time on the competancy based interview or the role plays. Can anyone give any tips on how to prepare? I have 3weeks to polish everything up and hopefully pass. Everyone keeps telling me I'll be fine and just to be myself, but it's hard to think like that when its your career your talking about. Any pointers? Thankyou.

    • 15 replies
    • 525 views
  7. Jimbo2487
    Started by Jimbo2487,

    Hi.. Thought I would try again.. Can any Lincs Officers please give me some information on Lincolnshire Police. I have started the recruitment process (transfer) and have passed the paper sift. Am waiting for an interview (been told late October/early November..) Any info/ advice really would be greatly appreciated. 1. How is moral etc 2. Workloads 3. Currently doing Neighbourhood Policing (have done for 6 years)--I expect to move to general Policing, but what is the availability of Neighbourhood Policing? 4. Shift patterns--is there any flexibility?? Any information/advice would be great. Many Thanks Jim

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  8. bonbon1546620100
    Started by bonbon1546620100 * ,

    Hello, I'm currently in the process of a tranfer application from a Scottish Force to Merseyside. Can anyone shed any light on this process with regards to: How long does the process take, roughly from start to finish? What's the interview format? What does the conversion program consist of? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    josh1546620237
  9. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    Hi folks, I am considering transferring to Notts for a whole list of reasons due to personal circumstances. I wondered what life is like in Notts, prospects, quality of life etc? If anyone is prepared to offer some honest opinions I'd appreciate hearing from you - alternatively feel free to pm me. Cheers,

    • 2 replies
    • 923 views
  10. judge-dredd
    Started by judge-dredd,

    what is the most important part of a police officers equipment?im not sure cant find it any where

    • 9 replies
    • 241 views
  11. tls
    Started by tls,

    I basically took out a £1000 overdraft in May, as sum of money towards a new car. So basically when my (around) £1300 of wages goes into my bank each month, it shows up as £300 and each month I bite into all of my overdraft until it is topped up the next month with my wages, if you get me! I have currently not paid anything back of the overdraft. Would this affect my vetting? especially as I'm only 20 aswell!

    • 6 replies
    • 889 views
    josh1546620237
  12. debdon
    Started by debdon,

    Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how the Kent Training schedule works, ie: how many weeks it is & roughly when/if there is a passout, when is this likely to be. I am asking quite selfishly, as my son is hoping to be on the Nov intake, & I would like to book hubby & my holidays for for next year, but obviously we would not want to miss his passout under any cercumstances (if they still have them). Thank you anyone who could possibly give me any advice. Regards. Deb.

    • 7 replies
    • 830 views
  13. stuartc1546620270
    Started by stuartc1546620270,

    Hi all Anyone out there starting at Kent on 15th Sep? If so just wanted to say hi & see you there :) Stu

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. stemma6
    Started by stemma6,

    I'm due to start with Northumbria in a few weeks and wondering if anyone has bought this book and if it is helpful. I have only seen it on the internet, so haven't had a look through it. Do I need it????

    • 1 reply
    • 703 views
  15. Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
    Started by Dirt_Monkey_11546620294,

    This may seem like a stupid question but having never taken a bleep test before... Do you have to get your whole body over the 15m mark or can you just put one foot over pivot an turn? Cheers in advance

    • 9 replies
    • 216 views
    Dirt_Monkey_11546620294

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.